iJoy Tornado Nano w/ Chip Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Chip Coil?! Sounds interesting but appears to come with (see pics) to be a triple twisted coil like those that come with the full size tornado. Below is a link to heavengifts where you can read a little about it. Photochromic glass that changes color? with sunlight. I wonder if it actually just changes tint like our glasses. Maybe we'll get lucky and the deck will be fixed to the base so we don't have to hold the pos 510 pin to do our builds and rewicking like the pita full size tornado. What do you all think?
http://www.heavengifts.com/IJOY-Tornado-Nano-Chip-Coil-RTA-Tank-SS.html

Last edited:

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
i watched a review of the tornado nano yesterday. looks pretty nice. the deck screws in so you wont need an alan key to hold it still while building.

there are two types of color changing glass. one type changes from colored (black, yellow) and after vaping a few times, the heat makes them turn into a frosted glass. so they are heat sensitive.

the other ones are light sensitive, sort of like glow in the dark items. they start out whitish translucent and if you go out into a well let area, they turn a light shade of pink and purple are the two i saw.

other than that, it's a pretty straight forward RTA that you can build on, or buy premade chip coils to use as a clearo. top fill port/cap is not like the full sized tornado, it is a thin cap like on the original moonshot RTA. this is also a little bit taller than the moonshot 24 as well.

it does seem like a good option for a larger diameter tank with a low profile.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I started using a Tornado Nano today and this has quickly become my favorite tank. I haven't gotten around to trying the rebuildable base yet and have only tried the pre-built coil, and I have to say that this is the first pre-built coil I have ever tried that gives you the performance of a dripper. Of course this also means you go through juice like crazy on this thing. Even with a 4 ml capacity, I can easily go through a whole tank of juice in less than 30 minutes. I've had it for about 9 hours now and have gone through 4 tanks of juice, and it has not leaked once. The included 0.3 ohm coil is rated for 40-80 watts and there is really no difference in vapor production between 40 watts and 80 watts. The only difference is the temperature of the vape and of course the cooler the vape the longer you can draw on it. The sweet spot for me is right at 45 watts. Because you have access to the entire coil and wick in the pre-built coil, the priming is as simple as priming a dripper. Paint the coil and the wicks with juice to make sure it is nice and saturated, screw the coil into the tank and fill up the tank and start vaping right away. No need to wait.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Started using my Nano yesterday. The factory coils are stellar! Cloud and flavor production are great for factory coils. As jseah said, the best factory coils I've ever tried. Juice consumption is fast but hey, big clouds use big juice. The black and yellow novelty glass tanks are interesting and fun but I'll just stick to the clear one for now so I don't get caught off guard with an empty tank. Once I do a Titanium TC build I may go back to using one of the novelty tanks.
I love that the build deck is stationary (unlike the og tornado) and has velocity T4 style posts. Should be a breeze to build on. Time will tell whether or not the res will be stable enough for TC on this device.
Looks like this atty will support 100w chain vaping with its large build deck, juice flow holes and airflow.

Tornado Nano on Reuleaux DNA200
IMG_20160611_090043.jpg

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Ok, pounding this thing at 75w on the factory .3ohm coils with the afc at 1/2 open is getn' it on really good right now. Lots of flavor and suckin' juice at a mile a minute. Rockn' to "Rush live in Cleveland" and hammering the the piss outta the beatch and its keepn' up no probs!

Put your preorder in now while you have the chance for reduced pricing peeps! I forecast the price goin' up A LOT once the word gets out. Not kidn' here folks, this thing's rockn'.

Reactions: Afcarmona

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I tried the color change glass and I have to say that it is gimmicky. While the color change is kinda cool, since it changes to a translucent white, it is pretty useless in letting you know when the juice level is getting low. Since the side of the coil is so close to the side of the glass, it is impossible to know exactly how much juice is left in the tank if the juice level drops below the level of the top of the coil. I very nearly burned my wick today because I kept vaping on it and didn't realize that the tank was out of juice.

I noticed that there is some seepage in the AFC, but that is attributable to condensation. The vape is so much RDA-like that you get a lot of condensation collecting in the AFC and just outside the AFC openings, much like you get with a RDA. One neat thing that I noticed is that the AFC control ring is removable from the bottom hardware, so you can really do a good cleaning.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Ok, pounding this thing at 75w on the factory .3ohm coils with the afc at 1/2 open is getn' it on really good right now. Lots of flavor and suckin' juice at a mile a minute. Rockn' to "Rush live in Cleveland" and hammering the the piss outta the beatch and its keepn' up no probs!

Put your preorder in now while you have the chance for reduced pricing peeps! I forecast the price goin' up A LOT once the word gets out. Not kidn' here folks, this thing's rockn'.

I actually prefer using this at lower wattage and having a cooler vape.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
No leaks with the chip coils. The wicking is packed against the juice holes pretty tight. The vapor production is large at 80w. Big clouds. But it can't keep up with chain vaping at 80w. It needs a minute or two between vapes for the wicking to re-soak. At 55w I can chain vape it with no probs. The flavor seems best to me at 55 or 60w anyway so no bigs.
Have not tried the rba yet but will soon. If I pack the wicks against the juice holes like the chip coils I don't fore see any leaking there either.
My first chip coil slowed down some after about 40ml of 3nic juice, so I rewicked it with Rayon. Better all around vape for sure. Flavor is better and I can rail on the pig at 60w.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
By the way cigatron not sure if you ever used the kanger sub mini horizontal coils in the past but when you put a pin thru the coils until it came out the other side,they wicked up a lot better and am sure those coils would benifit from that little trick as well,just thought I'd share I used to do it back in the day when I still used them;-) please share how you rewicked your chip coil cause am sure am going to give it a try as it only comes with one of them,some pointers would be most welcome,cheers bud;-)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
No leaks with the chip coils. The wicking is packed against the juice holes pretty tight. The vapor production is large at 80w. Big clouds. But it can't keep up with chain vaping at 80w. It needs a minute or two between vapes for the wicking to re-soak. At 55w I can chain vape it with no probs. The flavor seems best to me at 55 or 60w anyway so no bigs.
Have not tried the rba yet but will soon. If I pack the wicks against the juice holes like the chip coils I don't fore see any leaking there either.
My first chip coil slowed down some after about 40ml of 3nic juice, so I rewicked it with Rayon. Better all around vape for sure. Flavor is better and I can rail on the pig at 60w.
I did use the RBA head. I put in dual 26 gauge SS316 8 wrap coils and wicked it with rayon. I think I cut the rayon a bit too short so it isn't packed tight enough in the RBA head. The tails do reach down to the bottom of the wicking channels, but I do get a couple of drops of leakage that usually happens right after I refill the tank. One online reviewer showed how he wicked his build by pulling the wick tails up through the screw on collar, then trimmed them to the top of the collar and then stuffed them down into the wick channels.

I actually think I prefer the pre-built coils. In my opinion, the pre-built 0.3 ohm coil's performance is on par with a dripper and blows away the performance of any other pre-built coil that I have ever tried.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Hi jseah,ya that's what am afraid of also is leaking when filling it,it's kinda like the moonshot which I just hated because even if I wicked right it always leaked when it was time to refill it back up,I got the nano for its coils because sometimes it's nice to not have to build and still get a good vape,what ohm did that build come out too? what size bit did you use? and what temp and wattage did you run it at?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Hi jseah,ya that's what am afraid of also is leaking when filling it,it's kinda like the moonshot which I just hated because even if I wicked right it always leaked when it was time to refill it back up,I got the nano for its coils because sometimes it's nice to not have to build and still get a good vape,what ohm did that build come out too? what size bit did you use? and what temp and wattage did you run it at?
The dual coils measured out at 0.27 ohms and I wrapped it on a 2.5 mm screwdriver. In SS TC mode, I set the temp at 520 degrees. With TC coils, I generally set it at around 480-500, but the SS316 seemed to vape a tad weak on the Sigelei 213. The mod automatically set the starting wattage at 56 watts and it quickly drops down to around 20 watts. In wattage mode, I've been vaping it around 40-45 watts. I just rewicked the RBA and have stuffed the wells a bit more.

I've never tried the Moonshot, but I have to say that with the pre-built coil, I never got a single leak. Any leakage was a result of condensation building up in the bottom hardware. I didn't have any wicking issues, even with max VG juice and I never loosened the cotton using a pin. But like @cigatron reported, 80 watts will have a bit of trouble keeping up if you chain vape. My sweet spot has been around 45-50 watts.

One nice feature is that the collar on the airflow control is removable from the bottom hardware so you can truly clean it out.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Thanks for you're reply jseah that was very helpful,I think in order to get enough cotton in that base to plug up those big juice holes it might be better to use at least a 3 mm bit,at least the few reviewers that I have watched use 3 to 3.5 mm coils,I cannot wait to get mine,thanks again for all you're feed back bud;-) I'll report back once I get it,please continue sharing you're experiences along the way..

Wworrells

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
The nano fits in the movkin disguiser and the tip adapter fits snug in the chuff cap. And air flow is not bothered at 1/4 open to full open. I can run the wattage up to 70 or so and is not hot. 75 watts is pretty warm. On my h priv I cant go that high on watts gets too hot for me. Maybe the extra lenth on adapter helps. Hope this helps with anyone wondering how the nano preforms on different mods.

Reactions: cigatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread