IJust S + TFV8 Baby-Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Hello,

Got the smok ALIEN 220W KIT (mentioned in other posts) and still waiting for the batteries to arrive since my friend needed the borrowed ones back. I do own an IJust S and was thinking since it has it's own battery and has a 510 connector, could I use the IJust S battery + TFV8 tank with the Baby-Q2 coil?
Any dangers? Is it even possible?
It might be a stupid question but was very curious, since no other thread
talked about this topic.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
It will fit and kind of work. How many watts does the ijust put out? The baby is a smallish tank but i cant remember offhand the wattage it needs and can handle.
Well the output of the IJust S battery is not mentioned anywhere, but it is a "Smart hit" regulated mod. The coil in the IJust S I have right now is a 0.5Ω that goes between 30W-100W while the Q2 goes for 0.4Ω 40W-80W. I also think it could work but I don't know anything behind the science of the IJust S battery so I'm reaching out for some help. :)

Reactions: stols001

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
From a quick glance it shows the iJust S to have a .15Ω - 3.5Ω resistance range.  
The Q 2 heads come in .4Ω & .6Ω which is within the ijust s resistance range.
I have taken a notice of that, but could it be possible that the IJust S battery somehow malfunctions and applies too much Watts for the coil or anything like that? I have seen my friends putting random tanks onto the ijust s battery that seemed dangerous while not knowing what you're doing. Just wanted to get behind the science of it and figure out any dangers or problems it might cause.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The ijust s is a direct voltage type with over charge, over current & over discharge protections.
It starts off fully charged outputting around 4.2v as the battery depletes output voltage falls off until it is time to recharge.

Depending on which head you use;
.4Ω / 4.2v = 44w max, falling off as battery voltage drops.
.6Ω / 4.2v = 29w max, falling off as battery voltage drops.

• Useful

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
The ijust s is a direct voltage type with over charge, over current & over discharge protections.
It starts off fully charged outputting around 4.2v as the battery depletes output voltage falls off until it is time to recharge.

Depending on which head you use;
.4Ω / 4.2v = 44w max, falling off as battery voltage drops.
.6Ω / 4.2v = 29w max, falling off as battery voltage drops.
Made me the whole thing clear! Thanks! :) Now I'm just curious, how did you do the math?
For me 0.4/4.2 = ~0.0952380952380952. Anything that I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread