Ikenvape Carts are the best IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Just wanted to say I am very happy that Ikenvape is back up and running.

On the recommendation of some vetrans here I tried their cartos - Mega Platinum 510 SR Punch and Mega Fusion 510 SR Punch, on my Provari in a IBTanked tank. I love both but like the Platinum best. These cartos produce a better vape then the other cartos I have tried and Isaac is a great vendor with outstanding customer service.

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
Just wanted to say I am very happy that Ikenvape is back up and running.

On the recommendation of some vetrans here I tried their cartos - Mega Platinum 510 SR Punch and Mega Fusion 510 SR Punch, on my Provari in a IBTanked tank. I love both but like the Platinum best. These cartos produce a better vape then the other cartos I have tried and Isaac is a great vendor with outstanding customer service.

Is there a reason why it's a better vape than the smoktech/others? I'm all for personal opinion, vaping is subjective, but what about the quality of vapor produced, throat hit, flavor, quickness of firing, and longevity in a side by side(s) of all the cartos you think it's better than and why? Do the coils gum up with thicker VG fluids? Is it consistent over it's period of life? Is there a difference in voltage drop? Give us some meat man, not just an unsupported snuff statement! I wold love to find the "best" carto, but after Bogegate, I need more info before jumping ship on a limited budget. I would be soooooooo SOL if they didn't work with no way of replacing them until next paycheck. There's only one Pete Busardo, and that level of scrutiny isn't really required. Just personal comparisons/opinions of how the cartos stack up in the areas that make them better.

EDIT: See below posts for my humble apology! It's Phil, not Pete. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Amnesia1187

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Bellevue, WA
I actually just got my first order of IkenVape cartos and some IBTanked tanks the other day, and it's night and day in terms of flavor compared to the SmokTech. They still aren't wicking quite as well as I would like, but it's still better than the SmokTechs were. I just wish I could get the carto to stay as wet as it does when I first prime the carto, because it just tastes so damn good when I top off the carto with a few drops.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I actually just got my first order of IkenVape cartos and some IBTanked tanks the other day, and it's night and day in terms of flavor compared to the SmokTech. They still aren't wicking quite as well as I would like, but it's still better than the SmokTechs were. I just wish I could get the carto to stay as wet as it does when I first prime the carto, because it just tastes so damn good when I top off the carto with a few drops.

You can make the holes bigger I have to do this with the megas but the standards work fine If your using 50% or higher VG juice you need bigger holes IMO

Is there a reason why it's a better vape than the smoktech/others? I'm all for personal opinion, vaping is subjective, but what about the quality of vapor produced, throat hit, flavor, quickness of firing, and longevity in a side by side(s) of all the cartos you think it's better than and why? Do the coils gum up with thicker VG fluids? Is it consistent over it's period of life? Is there a difference in voltage drop? Give us some meat man, not just an unsupported snuff statement! I wold love to find the "best" carto, but after Bogegate, I need more info before jumping ship on a limited budget. I would be soooooooo SOL if they didn't work with no way of replacing them until next paycheck. There's only one Pete Busardo, and that level of scrutiny isn't really required. Just personal comparisons/opinions of how the cartos stack up in the areas that make them better.

Why should the OP be a reviewer? Hes just stating his opinion threw comparison. If you want reviews on the top right of your screen there is a search engine window. Type Iken vape carto review and lots of choices will magically appear.

I say thanks OP for taking the time to post your exp with something so someone else can discover a better product.

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I've been using some cartos that come in a generic white box that simply say's atomized cartridge 5 pieces. They're pretty small I think, not really sure. there's no hole on the side.

Any opinion on what these are, are they any good, or what would be better, if anything?

Also, what are punches for?

Thank you very much. best regards, larry mac

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
What do you use to make the holes bigger? Do you actually mill them out? Or just press them in so they flare open?

I use a carto punch I have a nice colbolt one but they all work. The one at clouds of vapor is a fairly good one for the price.

I've been using some cartos that come in a generic white box that simply say's atomized cartridge 5 pieces. They're pretty small I think, not really sure. there's no hole on the side.

Any opinion on what these are, are they any good, or what would be better, if anything?

Also, what are punches for?

Thank you very much. best regards, larry mac
Who knows if there is no name. A punch is for making holes there was a time in a far away galaxy when you had to peel off the wrapper and punch the holes in the cart your self. Iken vape has two holes in their Punch series of cartomizers

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I've always wanted to try these cartos.... I too have heard many great things about them. Funny how people think phil busardo is pete, I think it stems from him saying " This is P Busardo".

The owner had some personal things going on with his family, so the business was on hold for a while. Hopefully things got better and he is under less stress. May give them a try soon.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
What do you use to make the holes bigger? Do you actually mill them out? Or just press them in so they flare open?

I use a Dremel with a cutting wheel and just put a slot in the side between the two holes. On keeping them wetter, take a few puffs with out firing the button to draw some extra liquid into the carto.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been promoting Ikenvapes for over a year now. The only time I use another name brand is when I'm out, as they are not always in stock. For me their flavor production is unmatched. They last longer than Boges or Smoktechs. Draw is between the Smoktech and Boge. The overall build quality, from the heavier stainless tubes right down to the atomizers and the filler used, is superior.

As Grimm Green says, "These are stellar! Maybe my new favorite cartomizers."

Having said that, I know there are those who have tried these and were disappointed. Preferences are subjective, like anything else where you can have an opinion.

Last edited:

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
Ummmm...there's actually only one PHIL Busardo...there may be more than one PETE Busardo...just sayin' :p

Well, he does introduce himself as Pete in some of the view, which one is correct?

EDIT: OK, I STAND HUMBLY CORRECTED! I went back and listened closely and even though it does sometimes sound like he's saying "Pete", he is actually saying "P". Phil. I am sorry to have acted like an excited puppy when I finally found a vape hero to look up to, but since Superman in the 70's and before, Who else has there been? I heard your rant on the name and promise never to make the mistake again! :facepalm: I'll just walk away with my tail between my legs and be in the corner for my time out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Well, he does introduce himself as Pete in some of the view, which one is correct?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think nicetucu said it... He is saying "P Busardo". His name is Phil Busardo.

But he'll answer to just about anything. ;)

Oh and Plus One on IKV cartos.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I got a mess o Ikenvapes last week, along with my favorite Boges.

I prefer cartos with the single larger pre-cut hole. In the Ikens, these are the pre-punched V2 models.

Side by side, the only difference I can see is that the prepunched hole on the Iken is slightly larger.
My friend Baditude informed me that the wick material in the Ikans are slightly more dense than the Boge, so the Ikans are not as good a choice for thick juices.

So far, I can not detect a difference between the 2 cartos, but I have only been using them a few days side by side.

I like the fact the the Iken's hole is larger. Better wicking. No dry hits ever.

I like them.

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
Why should the OP be a reviewer? Hes just stating his opinion threw comparison. If you want reviews on the top right of your screen there is a search engine window. Type Iken vape carto review and lots of choices will magically appear.

I say thanks OP for taking the time to post your exp with something so someone else can discover a better product.

Nope, you're right, he shouldn't. I do appreciate his personal opinion. I just was hoping for more information than "I like it and it work for me" because I find myself in the position of watching a review or two any running right out to try it, just to find out the product had changed. I'm looking for the most information I can gather before spending time and money on a mistake. I can't afford either and it's not my intention to place that burden upon the OP's shoulders. The thread was titled, " Ikenvape Carts are the best IMO". I was hoping he would give some hard facts on why he has that opinion, but obviously he doesn't have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread