Ikenvape Fusions, Platinums, S series. Whats the difference in how they vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I ordered a carto tank from ibtanked and put an ikenvape platinum LR 2 hole punch carto in it and filled it with some 50/50 Grumpy's Hooch. So far I'm on the fence about it. It's a nice vape but it's not blowing me away like I hoped. It's still better than most all of the other clearo's that I've tried. I have an aspire bdc glass tank from nhaler en route and will be putting it head to head with this carto tank.

Before I make a final decision on which I like better I was wondering if the ikenvape platinums produce the best vaping experience from the ikenvape line or do the fusions or S line perform better. What's the core difference in how they perform and vape? I have looked them over on the website thoroughly and understand the physical differences but am unclear on what makes them different in the way they perform, taste, TH and produce vapor.

fyi, I use 50/50 blends of ejuice with 12mg of nic

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I stopped using ikenvapes because they were too dense for my liquids. I wouldn't think that they would be any different... they get manufactured about one a month, so I'm sure that may be the difference.

If someone hadn't clarified that, message baditude. He's been using them for a while, so I'm sure he could give you insight from several orders.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I kinda exclude ratio out of how I view wicking, unless it's a 80-100%, I view flavor as a more important factor. I use 50/50, 35/65, & VG.. either 100% or water dilluted.

In example, I was using pink spot and jvape's when I first started. I wouldn't get issues with pink spot (no natural flavor), but jvape's uses stuff like sucrose to flavor their stuff. Both are 50/50.

3hole smoktechs are all I use now. I still get wicking issues with fuzion vapor, which is 35/65. I've tried punching my own, slots, and so forth. Some of their stuff is just too viscous. I can use stuff like boba's bounty(0/100) without issue.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ikenvape has been my preferred carto for about a year now. I use the punched 510-Fusion Mega in standard resistance (3.0 ohm) and the punched Platinum Mega standard resistance (2.5 ohm) on VV mods. I have not noticed any difference between the two models in the way they can produce flavor, vapor, or throat hit. I use Ikenvapes because, at least with the juices that I use, they produce better flavor and last longer than the other brands. I use 2-hole single coil Smoktechs as my backups.

All I know is Isaac has said that the Fusion line is designed specifically for tanks. From the wicking material to the airflow. I received some LR IKV's by mistake and hated them, even after attempting to adjust the voltage to their resistance. I chose not to exchange them (Isaac offered to), but chose to trade them for some juice with a buddy.

I really doubt that the size of the wick holes will actually affect flavor, vapor, or throat hit. You may be one of the few people who do not like IKV's.

I'm not an authority on Ikenvapes. You might get a better explanation from the Ikenvape supplier subforum...possibly from Isaac himself. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ikenvape/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread