Ikenvape Nitro mega sold out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
New Mexico
Just when I finally found a carto that I really like, and are reliable, they're now sold out. Both the 1.7ohm and the 2.4. I only have about 10 left, and I like to keep a bunch on hand. I really, really hope I don't have to go on another carto hunting mission..:( Unbelievable how well a single hole carto can work with 50/50.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I just went to order some of these now Nitro series cartos and yeah they are all sold out :( I see the Nitros come with Filler and NO Filler. Wondering how they differ and whats a better buy?? I'd be using it in a IB tank on a provari so I'd probably get the 1.7-1.8 single coils Any insight on the two?

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
This is the best description and examples I provide you with.

The Nitro with filler is basically an in between a smoktech and boge carto. Smoktech being less dense than a boge. In my opinion this carto is perfect if it only had 2 holes. The 2 hole version should coming out soon.

The Nitro without a filler is like vaping on a protank. Basically if you like a really airy draw and like how a protank vapes and want to convert your IBtank into a protank then this carto is for you. I didn't care for this carto at all to be honest.

Hope this helps

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
Cool thanks for the heads up! Yeah if the one with NO filler has a more airy draw to it I probably won't like it either. I usually vape juice at either 50/50 or 60/40 so I like the more dense Boge cartos for the thinner juice and the smok's for the thicker juice. Sounds like these new nitros with the filler will be a nice happy medium and work well with my 2 prefered mix ratios. That will be nice if I can just use one type of carto for all my stuff instead of having to always buy Boge and Smok carts. Now all I need is for Ikenvape to re-stock!

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Just fyi smoktek.com carries the pro coil dct cartos. They look identical to ikenvape nitro ones that are sold out. Would love to try ikenvape but they never have any in stock. Not sure what it is about them that makes them so special. These look identical to the nitro series on ikenvapes website. Anyways here is the link to the ones on smoktek.

DCT Pro Coil, Bottom Coil Tank Cartomizer for the 3.5 and 6ml SmokTank XL, UDCT, Artemas - w/flange.

What makes Ikenvapes cartos more special " in general " is that he has a deal with the manufacturer to tweak the cartos to better specifications. He doesn't have that much money to place extremely large quantities, that's why they sell fast and it's hard to find any of his cartos in stock.

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
What makes Ikenvapes cartos more special " in general " is that he has a deal with the manufacturer to tweak the cartos to better specifications. He doesn't have that much money to place extremely large quantities, that's why they sell fast and it's hard to find any of his cartos in stock.

Oh I see. Thanks man. Hoping I can get my hands on some once they are back in stock. I tend to check his site everyday in hopes of the nitro series being in stock.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just fyi smoktek.com carries the pro coil dct cartos. Not sure what it is about them that makes them so special. These look identical to the nitro series on ikenvapes website.[/url]

I've personally tried both the Ikenvape and Smok versions of the ProCoil and they looked and performed identically for me (didn't like them BTW...). YMMV...

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Now, I have both the filled and unfilled. I like both and like the unfilled quite well. The comparison to the ProTank is an apt one, the draw and performance is similar. I like the ProTank so it makes sense that the unfilled carto works for me. You can buy them one at a time so an experiment won't cost you much. They last a long time, how long is "long"? No way to answer that, I rotate around different vaporizers but I have used three 45mm x 22mm tanks (don't know the volume) at 60/40 VG/PG ratio (HHV) and the unfilled is still performing as it did when new. Here's to your choice!

....The Nitro without a filler is like vaping on a protank. Basically if you like a really airy draw and like how a protank vapes and want to convert your IBtank into a protank then this carto is for you. I didn't care for this carto at all to be honest.

Hope this helps

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I would try the Nitros with filler if he had some in 2.0ohms. Locally i can get the SMOK 1.7s for $1.59each in 5 packs or $1.79 as singles. The current batch seem fine so currently i have no need to try what may be a nearly identical carto. The last SMOKs i got locally have a denser filler material, very similar to the last good IKV Boges.

Last edited:

Patrick H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
New Mexico
I had ordered a bunch of the Boge non-flanged slotted cartos, and for the most part are working fine, but I went ahead and ordered 20 more Nitros while they are in stock. I'm still amazed that a single hole carto can work this well. Not sure why they went from 2.4ohm to 2.5ohm. They were "mega nitro" and now they are "XL nitro". They still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread