Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
19LAS_VEGAS_POSTCARD_429_307_zpsd3d9b0b1.jpg

Ok guys and gals. My daughter Lara has her own school contest and we want to incorporate her contest with one of our own this month!

The rules are very simple and the rewards are awesome!

Only ONE postcard per person

All we need is a postcard with a few nice words about your state addressed to:

Lara A.
C/O IKENVAPE
PO BOX 26
Coplay, PA 18037

Each entry must be received by 5/25/13
On the third of June (6/3/13) We will record all the names (USE REAL or FORUM NAMES on the Post card :) ) and perform a random video drawing of 3 winners.

Grand prize is $50.00 of IKV Store credit
Runner Up is $35.00 of IKV Store Credit
3rd place Runner up $25.00 of IKV Store Credit

EVERYONE WINS! For those of you who don't hit the luck of the draw we have a special $5.00 of store credit to each person who participates.

The Official school rules are listed below. Feel free to ask any questions here on the thread or a PM to Mrs IKEN.

19mn-postcard_zpsecdd468e.jpg

Each 4th grade class is participating in a contest for the end of the school year. Whichever class wins the contest will receive a freeze pop party! Lara is really excited about this and would like everyone to help her win!!

The instructions are as follows:

1. Students are to contact people that they know from other states and ask them to mail them a postcard from their state. Students will have to bring the postcards/letters to school. Must contain a current date.

2. Students should ask each friend/relative to write some facts about their state. It can be demographic, about the climate, an historical fact... etc.

When the student brings the postcarde to school they will plot them on the state that they came from on a large U.S. map. They will then later use the map for graphing. The class that has as close to all 50 states will be the winner!!

Please help Lara win!!!! Thank you!!!

PS: We need one from PA as well as all the rest!
Valerie Mrs. Iken

19GreetingsfromTucsonArizona_zps352cff2f.jpg

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
You guys just gave me the biggest smile! Thank you so much and glad you like the idea!
Good question AG!
Unfortunately it must be mailed and stamped.
I think anything that the schools involve like this is great ! There are some classrooms that have a thing (I forgotten what they actually called it) that they become Buddys with a group of Truck Drivers. This group when they stop in the evening at the truck stops email and twitter and skype their destinations, fuel, mileage etc etc, (all the things drivers have to figure daily)to the classroom and the children learn math skills, geography, and the like because they help the drivers to go to their next stops to deliver etc. (I worked at a truck stop so that's where I heard about it) I believe it started in Georgia but I'm not sure. They do this all over the country. I think it's really cool. I also think this post card thing is cool too ! :D

Okay, I gotta get a card and a stamp now :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread