Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Thank you, Issac. It's been a LONG road back to "normal" and I'll be the first to admit that. Things just got SO out of control. I actually quit speaking to my oldest friend ( Nicol, whom you know as CrashTestJeep) for a while. Just couldn't seem to manage to be "me" at all. I located her, finally, and she seems to be doing great. Living in Wilmington, NC and running a hotel for a living. She's still vaping and has been texting me this week to make sure I'm not back on the analogs.

No need in being sorry about the divorce though, but it is appreciated. After 10 years, we just decided we couldn't do it. I had changed since losing my Dad..........her Dad had gotten killed just a few years before and between the loss of them both I had become bitter. She had done a fair amount of changing too. She's happier now. Pregnant with her first child, from what I hear, so I hope all is well with her.

Me?........I stayed single for a year or so, working on "me" and ended up meeting a very nice woman who is helping me stay on track. She is very excited about me vaping again, because she is a non-smoker (who has NEVER smoked).

I decided I'd see if ECF deleted my account, since it was 2010 when I left.......and they hadn't, so here I am. Back here, reading and commenting and just trying to do it one vape at a time.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Thats a sweet mod by the way!

thank-you.jpg

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
Life. Quit vaping for a while. The stress of my Dad dying sent me in a tailspin and I went right back to the smokes. I had been cig free for 7 months by then and once I picked them up again......they had me.

Since then, I've gotten divorced, moved to Virginia and 2 weeks ago I made my "re"start at vaping. Found 1 510 atty I had stored away, busted up an old 510 battery to make a box mod and found a couple of 10440 "AAA" batteries to use. Smoke free now for 13 days!!!

congrats on Everything!!! glad you are back in the saddle again!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I think I've killed the zombie epidemic like 4 TIMES ALREADY ! Lol. Sheesh

"YOU" - I don't remember how many times I tried to change the story line . . . JEZZZZ ! ! ! ;)

Right on. At least it ended on a good note.:toast: It was fun, I had a blast reading it.:laugh:

YES - It did and It was FUN ! ! ! :D

THANK YOU ! ! ! - "IkenVape" . . . :thumbs:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thank you, Issac. It's been a LONG road back to "normal" and I'll be the first to admit that. Things just got SO out of control. I actually quit speaking to my oldest friend ( Nicol, whom you know as CrashTestJeep) for a while. Just couldn't seem to manage to be "me" at all. I located her, finally, and she seems to be doing great. Living in Wilmington, NC and running a hotel for a living. She's still vaping and has been texting me this week to make sure I'm not back on the analogs.

No need in being sorry about the divorce though, but it is appreciated. After 10 years, we just decided we couldn't do it. I had changed since losing my Dad..........her Dad had gotten killed just a few years before and between the loss of them both I had become bitter. She had done a fair amount of changing too. She's happier now. Pregnant with her first child, from what I hear, so I hope all is well with her.

Me?........I stayed single for a year or so, working on "me" and ended up meeting a very nice woman who is helping me stay on track. She is very excited about me vaping again, because she is a non-smoker (who has NEVER smoked).

I decided I'd see if ECF deleted my account, since it was 2010 when I left.......and they hadn't, so here I am. Back here, reading and commenting and just trying to do it one vape at a time.

Just incredible. Good job for Nicol! I haven't seen her in for ever. Maybe we should organize a vape meet at her place. :D
You have been traveling dark roads my friend. I have a feeling there are many details of the real hardships you faced these years that add better left unsaid. I'm sorry man. Meeting a good companion that you care about is the first and ultimate step for rehabilitation. Nearly the most effective emotional remedy if you let it happen. You sound like your getting your life back on track bud. I got your email and will do what i can to set you up.

Once every blue moon, I would stop at bar. This is my 1st time this year not including new years haha. Anyway I'm here and just ordered a round for these nice people I just met and we're having a toast dedicated to you buddy. Here's to you in your efforts of a continuing and healthy recovery!

Sorry, I must've forgotten to hit the post button. :D

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Just incredible. Good job for Nicol! I haven't seen her in for ever. Maybe we should organize a vape meet at her place. :D
You have been traveling dark roads my friend. I have a feeling there are many details of the real hardships you faced these years that add better left unsaid. I'm sorry man. Meeting a good companion that you care about is the first and ultimate step for rehabilitation. Nearly the most effective emotional remedy if you let it happen. You sound like your getting your life back on track bud. I got your email and will do what i can to set you up.

Once every blue moon, I would stop at bar. This is my 1st time this year not including new years haha. Anyway I'm here and just ordered a round for these nice people I just met and we're having a toast dedicated to you buddy. Here's to you in your efforts of a continuing and healthy recovery!

Sorry, I must've forgotten to hit the post button. :D

Much of what you said is true and I thank you for your kindness. I'll run things by Nicol and tell her to drop in here to say hey to everyone. I gave up the drink long ago (with only 1 slip up in 15 years) so I hope you are safe and I know you'll "sip" with responcibility. Have fun tonight, Issac.............have fun tonight and every other day you have the opportunity. Cheers!!!

:toast:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Much of what you said is true and I thank you for your kindness. I'll run things by Nicol and tell her to drop in here to say hey to everyone. I gave up the drink long ago (with only 1 slip up in 15 years) so I hope you are safe and I know you'll "sip" with responcibility. Have fun tonight, Issac.............have fun tonight and every other day you have the opportunity. Cheers!!!

:toast:
Good for you buddy!! That is a tough one to tackle.
My nephew has been on and off lately best thing to do is offer support. When I was down in SC we just hung out the whole time and had greta conversations and read some pages of the Book together. I never had the problem personally, I'm more of an occasion guy or out to dinner I'll have a glass. Big congrats to you though!! 15 years is amazing!!

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
I hope everything works out for your nephew..........I have one who's really headed down thgat wrong path but seems to be too hardheaded to realize it, and if he does, he doesn't care.

Yeah.......1 slip up in 15 years. It was the first Saturday after me and Samantha (ex-wife) split up. I never really had a problem with the drinking but I knew that if I kept running the course I was on, eventually I would have one. I made the decision to stay away from it all together almost 16 years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. I'm watching alcoholism ruin one of my best friends everyday and I know it could have just as easily been me.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I hope everything works out for your nephew..........I have one who's really headed down thgat wrong path but seems to be too hardheaded to realize it, and if he does, he doesn't care.

Yeah.......1 slip up in 15 years. It was the first Saturday after me and Samantha (ex-wife) split up. I never really had a problem with the drinking but I knew that if I kept running the course I was on, eventually I would have one. I made the decision to stay away from it all together almost 16 years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. I'm watching alcoholism ruin one of my best friends everyday and I know it could have just as easily been me.

Hey man, Ok, if you avoided the horrible path and 'slipped up' once. I seriously would not count that as a slip up my friend. It was a vent out of a world mixed with heavy emotions, not necessarily a break down but something like it. I would count out the word slip up in your life indefinitely. Don't dread on it. if something extravagant happened to me, I can see some sort of destruction outwardly or inwardly happen to but after I move on, I wouldn't think on it. Being in a dark place can be useful for clarity not to reminisce as an accident of one's self, know what I mean?

I'm really sorry about your nephew man. When you can't recognize what is happening, that is just the worst part. One of my life long friends, started getting the shakes at the age 21 (we started very young) last I seen him about 8 years after, only a couple years ago, he looked horrible. he never sought out help. He just looked and acted like an emotionless corpse. It hurt so much to see a 'brother' like that sadly he isn't the first I seen from that time that was close. Maybe take yours to an AA meeting and remind him that soon he will be no different than what he's seeing. Drinking is only cool at a certain time in your life and then later on turns into a problem. Best of luck man and I'll work on something for you in just a moment.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I went through the cycle many years ago. Used to wake up and reach to the night stand for whatever I was drinking the night before just to get up. Had my own shop and I did more estimates at the bar than I did at the shop. My time with it only lasted 3 or 4 yrs. then I got out of it. Wiped out 2 sets of forks on my Harley because they put the fence too close to where I parked at the bar.:toast:

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Glad you made your way past it, 5Card.

Like Issac, my friends and I started young. I grew up in a little bitty town named Gibsonville in North Carolina (Google it........have a laugh). Not a lot of people there and even less to do............and for us, it seemed there were 2 things to do..........."get wasted" or "get in trouble" (if we were lucky we could manage both in one night). I'm just glad I met people who truley cared about me, like Nicol........(we met when I was just 17 and she was 16). We ALL (both my old friends and my new friends) had our battles with things in life but as all those older friendships seemed to fade, my friendship with Nicol only grew.

After I met the woman who would be my wife (now EX wife) things with Nicol started to seem distant too. Nicol felt that Samantha wasn't right for me. I think, in that very moment.........she was, but in an entire life........probably not (but that's hind-sight). I was closer to my wife than anyone and the day we split..........I was wrecked. I lost faith in everything..........myself, God, life, friendship.....everything. I had already dealt with my Father-in-law being killed, my Dad being diagnosed with cancer and watching him dwindle to nothing and die.................and a year later my marriage of 10 years failed.

Man..........I tanked a 5th of Jim Beam in an hour and at that time I hadn't drank a DROP of alcohol in 14 years and some months. I was WASTED!!! The next day I was in the hospital E.R. because my morning "water" was black.........like COFFEE with no creamer. They ran panals and determined that I damaged a kidney by forcing so much alcohol thru myself without having a tolorance. That was January of last year.

Proud to say I'm over a year past that slip up and no desire to have a drink.....................or a wife. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread