The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Illusio Amber?

Discussion in 'Thag Built / The Chuck' started by MidnighToker, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MidnighToker

MidnighToker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    In the pics, it looks like it has a reddish tint to it. Anyone have this that can confirm?

2. Skrymr

Skrymr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2009
    MNT, since no one else has touched this, I will try to answer. I bought what I believe is emerald illusion from a member here. While the base collor is I think a solid color, the clear coat is where the illusion comes in. The color of my chuck changes in different lighting. Sometimes it is green, sometimes red, or blue, or brown. All with sparkles? It looks by the pictures on Jeff's website like the amber has a reddish background color, but that could change depending on the light.

Hope this helps.

D

3. MidnighToker

MidnighToker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Thanks Skrymr. I think that does help. Just did a double take when I saw that "Amber" was red.

4. highping

highping Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 29, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I asked this question in the saturday thread but it got lost in the mix and never got answered. I'll ask the question again here. Maybe it won't get missed as easily.

My wife got the amythist little chuck. The amythist is purple when front lit (you between the light and the chuck) and green when back lit (the chuck between you and the light).

To anyone who has any of the other illusion colors...what colors are they when front lit and back lit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.