The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Illustrated Book of Revelation--Wow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Christian Vapers' started by trukinlady, Feb 8, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    I found this website, and it's incredible!! This artist has painted pictures of the events of Revelation, and they are awesome!! *****************************. I can't post any of the images here because of copyright laws, but you can visit the site to see how incredible this lady paints! All I have to say is PRAISE GOD for her gift!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. sickofanalogs

sickofanalogs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    oklahoma
    I agree truckinlady, this woman has an awesome gift. Just amazing

3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2011
    NV
    Just bookmarked it. Thx!

4. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Those are incredible. I've seen her work before. There is a link to her site on Jack Van Impe's website. Thanks for posting.

~A

5. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
  6. blondeambition3

blondeambition3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    Bump because this is SO worth it!!!!!! :)

7. tommy2bad
    This message by tommy2bad has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 5, 2011.
    Oct 5, 2011
  8. randomhousegir

randomhousegir Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2013
    Riverton, Utah
    That is pretty neat stuff! Maybe I need a new piece for the front room lol

9. gbojar

gbojar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    I bought it on Kindle after reading about it here, and seeing that it was endorsed by the President of my school's Theological Seminary. It really is amazing and beautiful, and for $4 on Kindle you can't beat the price!

10. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m generally not a giant fan of biblical illustration as a concept. It’s a way of inserting the artists opinion of what the work means into the work.

illustration in general has the particular effect of imparting information instantly instead of as a stream. The whole “a picture is worth a thousand words” thing. This can sort of blow past a person’s conscious and impart things at a visceral level which is why it’s so useful in advertising.

It’s important to keep in mind that the illustrations are not the work, they’re a single persons opinions about the meaning of the work done as art. A persuasive commentary on the work not the actual scripture.

That said it could be a cool opinion. Revelations is the weirdest and most weakly documented book in the Bible. How allegorical it is and what the allegories even mean have been hotly disagreed about for a very very long time.