I'm a new vaper, and upgraded to G6 (wall of text)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Ok so I've been lurking these forums for awhile now learning what I can after buying not only ONE Blu kit (the original kit) but TWO kits (picked up the new starter kit for giggles because I didn't have to screw in the battery anymore).

I went through the process (albeit admittedly short) of trying to work with my Blu kits, with limited success. Using Ce3 clearomizers I was able to get better performance out of my Blu's but only just. I had much better vapor production and flavor using the Ce3's and some Johnson Creek juice (same as in Blu cartos), but wound up recharging batteries and PCCs almost constantly. So, decided to put them in a drawer in case I ever need them as a backup.

Originally I was going to order a Triton, but decided I liked the more discreet style of the G6 instead so ordered that kit, along with some mini-tanks and the 5 cartos filled with MX3. In time I think I'll also pick up a Triton for mostly home use, and relegate the G6 to outings away from home.

The G6 kit I'm absolutely in love with. I used up an entire pre-filled carto before I even had to recharge ONE battery, unlike the Blu where I would have to recharge a battery at least once for every carto, and the Blu cartos lost flavor MUCH quicker than the G6 cartos. I'm also getting probably at LEAST twice as many drags off the G6 prefilled cartos as I was off the Blu's, if not more.

Right now though I'm wishing I had just got blank cartos unfortunately. The MX3 cartos I got are ok, but it's just too... caramel tasting for my liking, and I was expecting more menthol to come through, instead of almost NO menthol flavor at all. Wish they would give you a choice of 5 different cartos instead of 1 flavor in 5 cartos. I would have liked to try more of their juice instead of just being all one flavor.

Now for juice. At the same time I ordered my G6, I also made an order on EC Blends, another website I had come to hear a lot about here.

I ordered a few premade flavors to give them a shot. One was Black Cherry, thinking it'd be close to my old Blu Cherry Crush carts. Obviously I was very mistaken there. The Black Cherry juice is MUCH stronger than the Cherry Crush carts, and the first hit actually gave me a headache because I was used to taking much longer drags off the Cherry Crush. It only took me a couple of hits to learn to regulate myself on the Black Cherry juice though, which actually made it even more enjoyable than the Cherry Crush. That was the first juice I tried from EC Blends.

The second one I tried is my own concoction with 25% blueberry, 25% blackberry, 30% strawberry, and 20% cuban gold. I only got the 5ml bottle, but I know I'm going to be ordering at least the 30ml bottle, if not bigger, from here on out. It's so tasty! Reminds me of when I used to smoke Prime Time Wild Berry cigars! LOVE this juice. And I didn't even let it steep for long since I was so excited to try it. Can only imagine how much better it will get letting it sit for a couple weeks!

I still have 4 more juices to try, and I have high hopes. I just don't have any empty cartos/clearos to try them with yet. They are Plumberry, CranApple, Blue Honey (gonna be a week before I can try this one so it needs to steep longer), and Raspberry. Yes I like fruity flavors. Sue me. :p

Was also pleasently surprised to find a 7th 5ml bottle in my order, a gift from EC Blends. It's Dragon's Nectar, extra flavor. No nicotine, but still nice of them to give me something else to try that I wasn't expecting.

Ok, now for the G6 mini-tanks.

They actually perform REALLY well. I've only used them a bit more than I have the Ce3 clearomizers I got for my Blu's, so it's hard to compare. I think they actually do perform better though, but it could be because of the batteries. Could be wrong though.

I do have some problems with the mini-tanks however. I've had a couple of leaks thus far unfortunately, one resulting in a mouth full of juice. That wasn't pleasant, and had me scurrying for the nearest sink pretty quick. I'm also not really sold on the super short wicks. There's probably a reason for it, but just seems odd to use a top coil with really short wicks, though maybe I'm missing something. If nothing else it makes me keep the tanks filled.

What do I plan on next? More juice of course! I'm really anxious to try more flavors, and hunt for some good tobacco flavors, at least better than the MX3 for me.

I'm also going to be ordering some Kanger e-Smart Clearomizers. They look more like what would suit me better with a slightly bigger tank, longer wicks, and (most important for me) a screw on drip tip to hopefully alleviate leakage. I know they're thicker than the G6 mini-tanks (which I hear are actually Kanger T4's), but I'm not too worried about that.

Anyway, I wanted to give a great big thank you to everyone on these forums for asking questions ahead of me, to everyone who answered those questions and giving me a wealth of information to look through, and of course to those who answered my own questions when I couldn't find the answers myself. I am now a VERY happy vaper, and haven't even touched an analog in TWO DAYS! WOOOO!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok so I've been lurking these forums for awhile now learning what I can after buying not only ONE Blu kit (the original kit) but TWO kits (picked up the new starter kit for giggles because I didn't have to screw in the battery anymore).

I went through the process (albeit admittedly short) of trying to work with my Blu kits, with limited success. Using Ce3 clearomizers I was able to get better performance out of my Blu's but only just. I had much better vapor production and flavor using the Ce3's and some Johnson Creek juice (same as in Blu cartos), but wound up recharging batteries and PCCs almost constantly. So, decided to put them in a drawer in case I ever need them as a backup.

Originally I was going to order a Triton, but decided I liked the more discreet style of the G6 instead so ordered that kit, along with some mini-tanks and the 5 cartos filled with MX3. In time I think I'll also pick up a Triton for mostly home use, and relegate the G6 to outings away from home.

The G6 kit I'm absolutely in love with. I used up an entire pre-filled carto before I even had to recharge ONE battery, unlike the Blu where I would have to recharge a battery at least once for every carto, and the Blu cartos lost flavor MUCH quicker than the G6 cartos. I'm also getting probably at LEAST twice as many drags off the G6 prefilled cartos as I was off the Blu's, if not more.

Right now though I'm wishing I had just got blank cartos unfortunately. The MX3 cartos I got are ok, but it's just too... caramel tasting for my liking, and I was expecting more menthol to come through, instead of almost NO menthol flavor at all. Wish they would give you a choice of 5 different cartos instead of 1 flavor in 5 cartos. I would have liked to try more of their juice instead of just being all one flavor.

Now for juice. At the same time I ordered my G6, I also made an order on EC Blends, another website I had come to hear a lot about here.

I ordered a few premade flavors to give them a shot. One was Black Cherry, thinking it'd be close to my old Blu Cherry Crush carts. Obviously I was very mistaken there. The Black Cherry juice is MUCH stronger than the Cherry Crush carts, and the first hit actually gave me a headache because I was used to taking much longer drags off the Cherry Crush. It only took me a couple of hits to learn to regulate myself on the Black Cherry juice though, which actually made it even more enjoyable than the Cherry Crush. That was the first juice I tried from EC Blends.

The second one I tried is my own concoction with 25% blueberry, 25% blackberry, 30% strawberry, and 20% cuban gold. I only got the 5ml bottle, but I know I'm going to be ordering at least the 30ml bottle, if not bigger, from here on out. It's so tasty! Reminds me of when I used to smoke Prime Time Wild Berry cigars! LOVE this juice. And I didn't even let it steep for long since I was so excited to try it. Can only imagine how much better it will get letting it sit for a couple weeks!

I still have 4 more juices to try, and I have high hopes. I just don't have any empty cartos/clearos to try them with yet. They are Plumberry, CranApple, Blue Honey (gonna be a week before I can try this one so it needs to steep longer), and Raspberry. Yes I like fruity flavors. Sue me. :p

Was also pleasently surprised to find a 7th 5ml bottle in my order, a gift from EC Blends. It's Dragon's Nectar, extra flavor. No nicotine, but still nice of them to give me something else to try that I wasn't expecting.

Ok, now for the G6 mini-tanks.

They actually perform REALLY well. I've only used them a bit more than I have the Ce3 clearomizers I got for my Blu's, so it's hard to compare. I think they actually do perform better though, but it could be because of the batteries. Could be wrong though.

I do have some problems with the mini-tanks however. I've had a couple of leaks thus far unfortunately, one resulting in a mouth full of juice. That wasn't pleasant, and had me scurrying for the nearest sink pretty quick. I'm also not really sold on the super short wicks. There's probably a reason for it, but just seems odd to use a top coil with really short wicks, though maybe I'm missing something. If nothing else it makes me keep the tanks filled.

What do I plan on next? More juice of course! I'm really anxious to try more flavors, and hunt for some good tobacco flavors, at least better than the MX3 for me.

I'm also going to be ordering some Kanger e-Smart Clearomizers. They look more like what would suit me better with a slightly bigger tank, longer wicks, and (most important for me) a screw on drip tip to hopefully alleviate leakage. I know they're thicker than the G6 mini-tanks (which I hear are actually Kanger T4's), but I'm not too worried about that.

Anyway, I wanted to give a great big thank you to everyone on these forums for asking questions ahead of me, to everyone who answered those questions and giving me a wealth of information to look through, and of course to those who answered my own questions when I couldn't find the answers myself. I am now a VERY happy vaper, and haven't even touched an analog in TWO DAYS! WOOOO!

Congrats and welcome to EFC!!!! Be sure and visit the Halo forum!!

Halo

I too started with the G6 and quickly moved from carts to the mini tank. I know that I got a little burnt taste with it and I think overfilling and not letting the wicks soak a little (ya, their small but still need to get wet) was the issues for me. Also, I found I got this more w/the manual batt versus the auto batt. I was drawing way to hard on the manual

I then moved up in the first or secon week to the Trition 450 w/the larger Triton tank then to the Halo VV...haven't looked back since. It's been great and off of analogs for three months!! Enjoy! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread