I'm a newbie wanted to say hi and have questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Melissa

Jul 15, 2021
So I have recently purchased the target pm 80 this after I have had the glass ejuixe holder with the long battery stick and I had to replace the glass every other week I'm a but clumsy plus have small hands and they were just too bulky for me. I've done some research I am a mtl I love nic salts flavor but now I find out the target isn't good for nic salts. My question is what if or can I use a 1 or 1.2 ohm coil in the target pm80 or must it be the. 2 or. 3 bc I have read I need to use a 1 ohm or greater for nic salts. I'm so angry even though this my first target pm80 it broke within 3 months and vaporesso stood behind their product and sent me another free bc a million others have encountered the same defect they offered to give me another product I asked for the target pm80 se which is a hybrid and would allow to enjot the salts and also eleimate the battery defect issue in the regular target pm80 bc it comes with rechargeable battery but it was more money n they wouldn't do it. That makes no sense. I'm. Curious how log this product will last until I run into same battery problem again. Why wouldn't they offer the se as the alternative bc it seems To fix battery issue. As u can tell I haven't had the best luck with e ciggs but I continue to try and to Educate myself bc it's a lot better than smelly cigarettes. Any suggestions about any of the issues I have? Lol

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My question is what if or can I use a 1 or 1.2 ohm coil in the target pm80
Hi Miss M,
You can use any of the GTX type coils in the PM80.
gtx.JPG

Salt and/or freebase nicotine may be used with ANY device/ coil resistance.
Adjust the nicotine strength for the device you are using.

Good luck with the new device!

Cheers
I

vapingpilot21

Jul 13, 2021
if you like MTL with factory coils you can try out the innokin zenith tank or the nautilus gt. They are both MTL atties and with the proper resistance and nicotine you will never smoke again. Salt base nic at around 18mg with 1.6Ohms for zenith and 1.8Ohms for Nautilus and you will be have the TH of your life.

ps I suggest you also get the vaporesso swag px80 which will feel much more controllable and light in your hands

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Welcome.

I have read I need to use a 1 ohm or greater for nic salts.
Salts usually have a higher concentration of nic than freebase. Low Ohm/high Watt vaping is generally not recommended for salts because it delivers too much nic too quickly; that's why you read that 1 Ohm or greater is for nic salts. But Izan is correct that "salt and/or freebase nicotine may be used with any device/coil resistance." What's important is that you listen to your body. If you start getting a headache or feeling queasy while vaping, you're getting too much nic. You may want to simply try the different GTX coils to find what you like. This may help: Vaporesso GTX Coil Selection and RBA Review

I asked for the target pm80 se which is a hybrid and would allow to enjot the salts and also eleimate the battery defect issue in the regular target pm80 bc it comes with rechargeable battery but it was more money n they wouldn't do it. That makes no sense.
No, it makes sense. Warranty replacements of anything are generally limited to the same product or to a product of the same or lesser price. Anyone can sympathize, of course, but Vaporesso wasn't out of line. FWIW, it's never a bad idea to have a backup device or 2. i looked for you but can't find any other manufacturers' devices that use GTX coils. So you could get a PM80SE for compatibility or try something else.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Don't worry about it now...... just use the vaporesso until it's dead if it dies anyway so it pays off it's money and then if u can afford and according to your budget I suggest u get another vape device still small like u want it to be but much more durable...people here can suggest you something good :)

Some devices may cost a bit more but in the end it worths cause small devices like pods and e.t.c. usually either have trouble with small leaks or condensations or small batteries that don't last long time...
Still cheaper than cigarettes and healthier :p enjoy

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
the glass ejuixe holder with the long battery stick

Welcome to ECF!

Everyone has addressed most of the relevant parts of your post, but I wanted to add that the "e-juice holder" is actually called a tank, and they made bands and covers that will protect your glass and make it more difficult to break it when/if you drop your mod:

You are being redirected...

the above is a link to one such cover...

I hope this is helpful.

Oh, almost forgot - the "long battery stick" is called a "mod, with an integrated battery"

The word we use "mod" is short for modified, because of how this type of vaping gear began before it was a mass marketed product. People use to modify various items (even altoids tins) in order to vape with larger batteries than the early vape pens came with, hence the word we use today "mod".

You didn't mention which Vaporesso product you had originally, but if its something like the Sky Solo or something a tank cover will be helpful for you, it will protect the glass.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You’ve gotten some great advice already. I will add, I don’t know anyone here who found their favorite device on the first try. But you did find that vaping works for you, so it’s still a win.

You might want to read our Reviews forum to help you find something that works better for you. These are written by regular everyday vapers here on the forum, like yours truly, @hittman and @bigbob2322 and many others. Please feel free to ask us anything - do tag us if you do, so we get notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread