• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm a recovering tobacco-holic and this is my confession...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
The purpose of this thread is to share with everybody regarding our attempts and our successes quitting cigarettes by way of substitution through vaping.

This would be a consolidated account from our users so that:

a) people can see the positive side of this passion of ours
b) we may inspire others to quit cigarettes
c) hopefully inspire responsible vaping
d) some sort of a personal log for us to track our reduction of tobacco reliance

I understand that a number of us had posted in random threads here regarding our progression, and it would be much appreciated if you guys just copied and pasted your previous 'confession' onto this thread instead.

Without further banter.... Here is mine....

"With this vape thing I've come to realise it's more about breaking the habit... Used to be a 30 sticks a day smoker.. For the past 25 years. Now ard 3 sticks.. If I'm just chilling at home most times it's 0 sticks...
You got to change your habits also, like for me last time normally the moment I wake up it's black coffee and smokes, then shower, smoke, then coffee again and smoke, then drive, smoke, reach office, coffee and smoke 3 sticks to kick start the day...

Changed some of my habits then now really max I'll reach for cigarettes is 3-4 per day...

My colleagues are also damn supportive... They won't let me buy anymore cigarettes."

@Comrade Vape... If my grammar wrong tell me ok =p haha

Last edited:

anotherchap

Oct 27, 2015
Good thread. I have been on the juice for a month now, I was a 2 packs a day dude. 5 in the morning on my way out to office, 1 before I start work, 2 before I have any meetings and you can do the maths, it all adds up.

Nowadays I still smoke to get my nicotine when I go for my work or in public places as we know how it is the laws concerning this. So what I have done so far for the entire month is, as long as I am at home, I will just stick to the juice, although I do light up a stick or two now and then whenever I am craving for the quick "kick" . But I have since cut down to about 15 sticks a day, and what is even more interesting is, I actually grow to detest the smells of burning cigarettes. It just smells awful to me these days, and the 15 sticks I do light up, I don't even finish them all, halfway through I will just throw it away as I just couldn't stand the smell anymore.

I do hope to wean myself off the sticks once and for all, but for now...little baby steps.

anotherchap

Oct 27, 2015
ikr... I don't think those patches even do anything ahhaah and the quit line also another joke man....

I have actually done pretty much everything previously, patches, gums (it just leaves me with some weird after taste), cold turkey and even the Allen Carr method, just short of the quit line and I still smoke the same...

Reactions: cloudysheep

boon-er

Nov 13, 2015
Agree. Vaping really helps to cut down on my cigs by a lot. Still have 1 stick after breakfast because that's when my craving is really strong. But there was a period I totally stopped cigs. Only when I have drinking session with my friends (most of them smoke too), I will tipu a stick from them and most of times I cannot even finish a stick and have to pass it to someone else.

For now, it's still cigs in public and vape at home or somewhere safe.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
I was a pack a day guy.
After I started vaping and getting it right, I bought a pack per week for situations when I need nicotine top up but cant vape.

After one week of vaping. I found myself unable to finish a stick of cigarette. As I find that it tasted bad even when it is a fresh pack of cigarettes.
After two weeks of vaping. I found myself throwing away half a pack of cigarettes at the end of week. Since the pack had 'lao hong' quite badly.

After four weeks of vaping. If I cant vape, I try avoid going for cigarettes unless it is more than 3 hours. This is because I find the cigarettes smell slightly offensive now..

Best thing is my wife has no more complains about cigarette smell ;)

ezjayy

Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
Mind you, i am a heavy smoker. Anywhere the law got no restrictions, there i am puffing away. I began to be more mindful of my surroundings after my boy was born, and i wouldnt want him to pick up such a habit. But i couldnt seem to even reduce the amount of cigs that i smoke on a daily basis.

Till vaping came along..and i've never looked back since. Only smoke cigs when i really need that kick..which is probably once or twice a day.

I feel better, my food tastes better, i smell better, and fark me, i look better. Heheh

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
I have cut cigarette to absolute zero.

Using my equipment as if I'm a hunted criminal. Shadowy stairwells, dank toilets, hushed corridors, and behind every corner...

I am a soldier of the night. I vape when everyone sleeps. I puff when everyone dreams. I watch over your sleeping soul with Apple Custard vapour out of my nostrils..

I am one with the shadows. I am in league with the nocturne. I embrace discretion. I believe in redemption. There is nothing illegal in that I do, only because I do not believe it so. To me, it is true. But to me, it is right. Come what may.

It is tough, but I fight. It is dirty, but I slog. It is right, so I prevail.

karedi

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Singapore
Awesome to hear all the accounts. I was smoking about 10 sticks a day. All this without my wife finding out. Sometimes I wonder how I even managed. Started vaping with a mech mod, cos that's all I could get my hands on. Was all good but it kept fxking up and I went back to smoking. Then I got my 3rd child. And realised I really gotta make sure I'm around. Managed to get a mod and stopped. I'm in my mid 30s and I'm in the best shape of my whole life. Been hitting the gym pretty regularly, hitting all my personal bests. Planning to stick to vaping for good.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

baba nana

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
Been ze smokerr for abt 10 plus years... i reduce from 1 pack every 3 days to smoke max 10 sticks per day... eventually quit a few times but still cannot kick off the habit..

And then comes my interest for vaping.. no more ash tray mouth smell for about 3 months n counting...

ezjayy

Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
I have cut cigarette to absolute zero.

Using my equipment as if I'm a hunted criminal. Shadowy stairwells, dank toilets, hushed corridors, and behind every corner...

I am a soldier of the night. I vape when everyone sleeps. I puff when everyone dreams. I watch over your sleeping soul with Apple Custard vapour out of my nostrils..

I am one with the shadows. I am in league with the nocturne. I embrace discretion. I believe in redemption. There is nothing illegal in that I do, only because I do not believe it so. To me, it is true. But to me, it is right. Come what may.

It is tough, but I fight. It is dirty, but I slog. It is right, so I prevail.

Wah i tell you already @cloudysheep ..this matrep sure PSLE English No 1 in SG and some say North one.

Reactions: cloudysheep

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Been on the road with quitting for a few months and going back for God knows what reason, 4 times.. But the last time I relapsed, it's just a no go for quitting.. Until I started vaping. Now it's 1 pack for about 3 to 4 days and I hope it will continue to cut down until it's no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread