I'm allergic to VG? Uhh-oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryzen

Jun 5, 2012
Missouri
So.. I think I'm allergic to VG. I can take it at very low levels but the coughing sucks enough to try the 100% PG. What will I be missing out on without the VG? Anyone have advice about where to order juice with high PG levels that isn't expensive after cost of product and shipping? I dig the Dekang they have the higher PG but the cost after shipping is enormous. Boy I can't wait to find the perfect system for me, I know it's out there.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Mary, look at mtbakervapor.com, you can pick your ratios and the price is awesome. Have you only tried the one flavor with high VG? It could be the flavoring. VG mellows out throat hit and produces more vapor...it can also mute flavor. High VG can choke me too...cause of the thick vapor. Also, differnt vendors use different brands of VG...just gotta try more stuff til you get what's gonna work for ya. Once you find "your" vendor, you should be OK. Hang in there.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree with B. There are a few juices that make me cough big time. Just keep trying and you will figure out the best ratio for you. I also haven't found a mod that doesn't make me cough so I am still using the cig style batteries at 2 years of vaping. It takes some trial and error but you will find what works for you.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I did send her a VV ego to play with. It only goes up to 4.2v I believe. From what I understand, she likes the cooler vapor (correct me if I'm wrong Mary). She should be good with her standard eGo C batts that came with her kit as far as voltage, but we're still undertermined as to the resistance of her ce4's that came with it. Just got to get the juice and ohms worked out. The coughing could be dry hit, flavoring, pg/vg...few factors to work through, trial and error for sure.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Pretty sure madvapes carries some dekang. Vapor4life also has high pg eliquid. Just ask them and they will steer you in the right direction.

Keyzy will know, too, she is a low/no vg person.

If you want to debug, pm your address and what mg you use. I can send a little sampler, vg nic base without flavor, pg without flavor, a 0vg flavored, a flavored blend (some pg and vg, but uses organic flavorings). These would all be at whatever strength you use.

Last edited:
Carcapp and Vanberry are AMAZING!!! I keep a clearo with one of them or some of lox's special blend at all times- even though I am a strawberry and cake FREAK-

But, I too can NOT do VG over 25. it KILLS me. sore throat, coughy, icky runny feeling, and constantly having to clear my throat.

Here lately I have been using parkes vaping for my stuff- and I get 10% vg-

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
I'm the opposite - I can't do 100% PG. 100% Vg I can do, but it was messing with my dual cartos. Seems to do ok in the visions.

I cannot vape cinnamon. I get the hacking cough. I originally thought it was the juice - I later figured out it was any cinnamon in any juice that uses cinnamon.

when in doubt, try another (and take Mark up on his offer)

PS- what is Lox's special blend?

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Direct dripping and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the flavor and vapor and hit...but also love the ease of filling up a clearo/carto/ce2/whatever that holds more than 3 drops and can just be mindlessly vaped. Those attys I sent y'all are 1.7ohm, I wouldn't go lower than that if you buy more. Lower ohms have been known to kill eGo batts. :)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
VVPV, Chelle. Notcigs electronics, top feed :)

Uh huh, and I'd be allll over that if I hadn't just spent $130 on a Mark T Infinity rebuildable. :blink: :lol: In my defense, I DID sell a mod to help pay for that, but dang, expensive! I'm using it for all it's worth to make me feel like I spent the money well. :p (I totally love dripping on it, hate the tank part = fail)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
  • Deleted by BiancaMontgomery
  • Reason: double post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread