I'm confused..Fake Innokin products ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjamesmajor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Hanna, Alberta Canada
I believe this comes from a thing a couple of months back where Innokin said ft was selling fake products because they break an agreement to sell at the MSRP of the unit itself. So by undercutting them or however you'd like to say it, Innokin reserves the right to call those products fake. From what I've heard though, people are getting what appear to be authentic Innokin products from ft.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 4 Beta

peakcomm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Somewhere in the US in my RV
Innokin denies selling their products to Fast Tech, but the truth is, genuine products could have come into Fast Tech's hands through other than Innokin-blessed distribution channels -- anything from a front purchase as mentioned above, to a factory-direct deal, to a wholesale purchase of batches that failed Innokin QC. Branding and intellectual property don't have the same importance in China as they do in the west, so "genuine" and "cloned" products can even roll off the same factory floor side-by-side.

So honestly, there's no sure way of knowing. You might not be able to tell even if you had a sample of each in front of you. All you can do is weigh what you think might be the risks of getting a knock-off vs. the lower cost, then make your choice.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agree.
Innokin demands retailers sell at a certain price, and FT was violating that.
They actually CHANGED the pictures and descriptions, removing the Innokin branding from some of the products.
But after several people (mostly) said it was "real" I ordered the SVD - and the thing is EXACTLY what I expected.
My experience with FT in general is that if it does NOT specify the brand, then it's a knockoff - if it DOES specify the brand, then it's the brand. Which is honest. You just have to KNOW that EVOD is not a brand, nor is EGO or Vivi Nova.
So their EVOD is NOT a Kanger EVOD (and doesn't claim to be), but if they say it's an Innokin, I'd be pretty certain it will be.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Agree.
They actually CHANGED the pictures and descriptions, removing the Innokin branding from some of the products.

They did not remove the Innokin branding from their products, they ship out the full Innokin retail box version, they did drop the Innokin from the title of the product on the web page when it kicked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread