I'm curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeseff

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Stafford UK
You need to have five or fifteen posts (I forgot the exact number) before you can use a banner. Mine takes into account the money you invest in ecig stuff.

Yeh its 15 posts before you can use a cig on you ECF profile but you can still go on the banner maker to see wht it would be. You just cant add it to your profile until you have 15 posts, it took around an hour after i got to my 15th post aswell before the option cam available in the user CP

Joe

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Tho interesting to track you'll find that the saving portion wont hold any truth if your like most of us. In the long run money spent on accessories and upgrades cost more than you save......but you can't put a price tag on good health! :)

Unless you have a way of skirting around tobacco taxes or order ciggy's by the truck load somehow...I think it is very very possible to spend WAY LESS with the PV than on smoking.

My state has some of the lower tobacco taxes in the union, and even the generic brands are over 30 bucks a carton now. Add lighters...and all the messes and damages caused by smoking.

Example: Smoking tobacco in my house...one room reserved for smoking...I ruined this room and everything in it. Curtains, carpet, all upholstered furnishings. Smoking just made everything in it nasty...plus the occasional burn accident! Just cleaning this up with a fresh paint job and cheap walmart window blinds cost over $400 not counting my time and labor.

Example: I once had a cherry fall from a lit ciggy. It landed on someone's $1,200 swimming pool cover! It cost me $300 to have it patched/repaired (luckily it was a friend who also smokes and he didn't make me outright REPLACE the whole thing).

Example: The trade in value of every car I ever smoked in went WAY DOWN.

In contrast, for $400 you can buy enough vaping stuff to last a very very very long time! That's even if you get a fancy mod or two and have a juice tasting spree for kicks.

Sticking with stock stuff and a few favorite flavors in bulk...vaping can be WAY less expensive than real smoking...not even counting 'smoking related damages'.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Unless you have a way of skirting around tobacco taxes or order ciggy's by the truck load somehow...I think it is very very possible to spend WAY LESS with the PV than on smoking.

My state has some of the lower tobacco taxes in the union, and even the generic brands are over 30 bucks a carton now.....

+1 My state has one of the highest tobacco taxes in the union, (we have to save the children), so I have been able to splurge a bit more. Have a mod in the mail that I know I didn't need, but it was just so shiny and cool!! My sig is from the results of the spreadsheet I've been keeping of expenses vs. cost of smokes not bought.

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
The thread that Sassyonemeis gave me has several different calculators in it.

Tho interesting to track you'll find that the saving portion wont hold any truth if your like most of us. In the long run money spent on accessories and upgrades cost more than you save......but you can't put a price tag on good health!

Unsure you are right. That's the reason I got curious about how much I'm actually spending. I find that I keep going over my old analog budget but I keep wanting to try this and get one of those.....and since I started out using one of the most expensive kits sold (which by the way is now tucked away in a drawer because it's an E9 and doesn't fit anything!) I just wanted to see how much I've actually spent!

LadyA

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
I bought all of my e-cigarette supplies on the same credit card so it was easy to go through statements and add them up. As of right now I'm about even and I can do more without running out of breath. I'd be a ahead more if I would have found ECF before I bought my first kit but I'm not worried about that as I'm feeling much better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread