Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I have been nosing around various vendors and noticed something that I found somewhat disconcerting. Several listed no phone numbers and a few actually stated that they do not take or place phone calls. (Wonder how they place their orders with vendors?) Don't they like their customers? I find this rather odd for a business. What if you have a problem with your order? What if you wanted to add something? I'm sure many have read about horror stories with emails going back and forth and a resolution never getting made. A phone call could solve a problem very quickly.

Would you deal with a vendor who doesn't have a phone? Again, just being nosy...... can't help myself.....Hope this is not an "illegal" post.

Last edited:

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
i know if i was a small mom and pop supplier(1-3 people or so which most e-cig suppliers are) i would not want my phone ringing 24/7 with generally silly questions or comments that waste my time in my main mission.... to do my job. if you are constantly on the phone how would you get anything done? i know i wouldn't be able to. at least with e-mails you can set an amount of time to deal with them. my two cents anyway as a working man that wants to get the job done, not want to be a secretary, or spend the resources needed to have someone to just answer phones.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I was not implying that you would be on the phone all the time..... that would be rather hard to believe. I was just thinking of being able to talk to a human if a problem arose. I also ran a business and always had my phone number available and was able to get my work done no sweat. Plantronic headsets are real handy...lol. I just limited the hours that I took calls. Quite simple.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Can I comment?? Hope so...
I have a phone number on my website....the message states that we answer calls in the evening primarily because, yes, the phone rings off the hook. I also offer my email address in the message. Emails are far easier to answer and much quicker. If they choose to leave a message I happily call them back in the evening. If something needs my immediate attention, they email and I answer within minutes most times.
I think the biggest thing is that as we grow, who (besides me) has the ecig knowledge to answer the calls. It's very difficult to train the issues in a timely manner so I end up returning all calls and emails. I guess you'd need an entire staff of customer service for a large ecig company. If their phone rings as much as mine. LOL Often times, it's new folks who have no idea what to order, I love these calls.
Don't get me wrong, I think a phone number is necessary and besides I get all the customers from the ones who don't have one and the customer is very happy when I call back. :) Sorry, just my thoughts.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
most times when you call a vendor they never pick up cause they are super busy,i hate answering machines.
Carolyn/stormy is real good about returning my calls,that is why i do business with her.
now days i just e-mail her and she is quick to answer me back even though most time my ?? seem like i have my head up my ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread