Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
If you like the Protank try the tatroe!!!!! It is awesome. I keep seeing raves about the sleek look but I don't really like it's look personally. Tatroe uses the same bottom cap and heads as a Protank but the noise is gone, the draw is still easy but it's not as airy. Clean taste. I love it!
They currently have 2 styles. Hoping they come out with a glass tank version soon.

Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
If you're using the G6 or Triton setups, those are 808 threaded. Any 901 atomizer will work on a manual 808 with no issues, or any 510 atomizer will work with an adapter.

Halo is unlikely to come out with a "dripping setup", though I'd love to be proven wrong.

I use the Triton batteries and tanks. The batteries have a proprietary thread, so I have heard there currently are no adapters that will work. You never know what they will come out with. They just released a variable voltage, and have a passthrough in the works.
One of these days I'll probably get a couple ProVaris, but I like my current setup, so am in no hurry.

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
That's not too bad, $$$-wise. IMO you bought way more than you needed in some departments and not enough in others (less tanks, more juice!). And you didn't buy anything "worthless": you'll be able to use everything you bought, none of it is a replacement for something else. Chill out and try some juices, and by the next time you need a new battery (months), you'll see that what you bought will carry you for a while.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
1 week in and i've spent $100. Plan on spending another $40 so that everything adds up to 2 months worth of what I would've spent. After that it'll be time to relax.

200ml liquid
2 650mah batteries
2 900mah lcd batteries
10 clearo's
1 usb car charger
2 carrying cases
3 usb chargers
1 wall adapter
2 empty needle tiped bottles

Good luck and ENJOY!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
To Op,
Don't worry about how much you have spent.
End of each Pack of smokes all you have is an empty pack to crush and toss in the trash.
Be gentle with your gear and take care of it and you should be using it for a very long time.

I probably spent what you have in one day and did it many times. about $2.5k worth, but it was my choice, not need, and I was having fun with it. Yep, I have spent much more than I should or could have, but I am healthier, having fun and NOT smoking any more.

Now I'm learning DIY and making my own e-liquids at about $1.50 per 10ml bottle.

Savings come in many forms.

screwu2man

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
PA
I am 3 weeks into not smoking after 25 years of analogs. I am in way deeper then the OP. about $425. Bought 2 900 mah ego's, got a 1100 on order, a VV on order and the wife is buying me the evic. about 300 mil of juice and I can keep ranting. In a few weeks I will be in the black and I am sure I am set for at least 2 months, sure beats my $11 a day habit.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I'm glad I have a lot of extra gear. A guy at work is desperate to quit smoking. He's tried everything- the gum, patch Chantix, cigalikes. I'm loaning him a couple 900mAh batteries a USB adapter a couple tanks and a couple bottles of juice, so he can see what he's not getting from disposables. If you end up with extra gear and move on with your current setup, loan it out or pass it on to someone who needs it. If you can help someone else quit smoking, it certainly wasn't money wasted.

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
1 week in and i've spent $100. Plan on spending another $40 so that everything adds up to 2 months worth of what I would've spent. After that it'll be time to relax.

200ml liquid
2 650mah batteries
2 900mah lcd batteries
10 clearo's
1 usb car charger
2 carrying cases
3 usb chargers
1 wall adapter
2 empty needle tiped bottles

Seeing this list reminded me of what I bought in the first 2 or 3 months. Forgot about the cases, adapters, chargers, batteries (for mods). I have 2 Vamos, 1 Provari, 5 Ego Twists, 1 pass thru, 3 Spinners, 10 Vision clearos, 10 T3s, 8 EVODs, 13 SS CE8s, extra coil heads for all, and 87 bottles of juice! I had to start a spreadsheet to keep track of all the juices lol. Nearly all of the clearos are full so I can rotate juice at whim. I've thrown away very few clearos. Most I've been able to soak in vodka and reuse. Speaking of that, I tried dripping and didn't care for it. I bought Vision Nanos and use those for new juices in case I don't care for them.

It can turn into a hobby but having backups for backups, etc. is a good idea. My local B & M doesn't carry a lot of gear so I don't want to run out and have to wait a week for an internet order :).

I would hate to add up all of the money I've spent and I sure as heck haven't saved any money from not smoking lol. But, I'm healthier, feel better, don't cough 24/7, have a better sense of smell and I'm enjoying it. You'll find your right stopping point. Don't worry too much about it as long as you can still pay the rent/mortgage!!!

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
It is ECF. It's the devil. I came here to ask a question pertaining to a New eGo v2 and a few raves later I am putting erolls and spinners, evods, novas, and juice in various carts across the cyberworld and checking out.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't sweat stocking up on vaping products. You will get use out of them, and you know what they say about an ounce of prevention....Better to have a full arsenal of vaping goods than to find yourself low and caving into analogs in a moment of desperation.

Enjoy!

Alfro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
WP,PAP
Well said, so yea.

Some peeps would prolly tell you, that health is priceless thus they went on shopping spree lol.

Depends on what you're looking for really. and yes, saving for rainy day is always a better plan.

Divert your attention if need be..venture something new.

End of the day, staying alive ain't all about Vaping bro lols. Cheerios :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I really don't see the problem.
You spend about 10-14 weeks of a cigarette budget. For that you got probably at least 2 years of batteries. Hopefully at least a year of Vamo. Hopefully 10 weeks of liquid and coils.
Considering you can get wick and wire to wrap your own from now on and DIY if you want, you're set up to really save once you get there.

You don't really need to stay off ECF, just learn to spot those who push others into using whatever they happen to be using for what they are. Odds are those same people who push you today will be jumping to the next great thing and pushing it shortly.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just don't get it. Sorry vendors - but I smoked for 25 years and an ego-c with 6mg juices is fine for me and see no need to upgrade to anything else. In fact I actually prefer the old XL ego whistle-tip cartos to the tanks.

But I don't chain vape, I use it in the same patterns as when I smoked, I don't let myself just sit there vaping all day or I'd likely need to up my voltage / ohms / nic etc. I di for the first cpl of days then i was like 'this is stupid, put it down and do somethign else.'

I never chain smoked either though, but 25 years and honestly an ego-c and a cpl of juices and no more than 1ml of 6mg juice a day is all I need. Unless I'm out drinking heavily then maybe 2ml in a long night.

Strokes for folks I guess.

I also refrain from obsessively clicking every vendor ad link and stick with who I use. Don't need all the new stuff.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
You don't really need to stay off ECF, just learn to spot those who push others into using whatever they happen to be using for what they are. Odds are those same people who push you today will be jumping to the next great thing and pushing it shortly.

Yeah that's THE ONLY thing I used to slightly dislike about this site, felt suspicious that rave reviews in non vendor forums were actually posts by vendors....

Now I just ignore em and stick with what I have anyway,

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
I cannot honestly put a number on what hubby and I have spent on the stinkies or vaping. I'm with you Hotwire, I love the ego batteries. I have tried a few different tanks, but I keep going back to the stardust, Ce4-6's. I have tried a few different juice vendors, mvb, ecblends, virgin...but I still absolutely love our local B&M, Indy Vapor juices! I just tried Halo-tiki juice--straight outta the bottle is great! Little pricey, but very nice vape!

OT, we have spent some money for sure. But there are so many more benefits with vaping compared to smoking, not even stressing over what we are spending :)

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
If you like the Protank try the tatroe!!!!! It is awesome. I keep seeing raves about the sleek look but I don't really like it's look personally. Tatroe uses the same bottom cap and heads as a Protank but the noise is gone, the draw is still easy but it's not as airy. Clean taste. I love it!
They currently have 2 styles. Hoping they come out with a glass tank version soon.

Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved

Looks nice but how in the heck can you see how much juice you have left?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Yeah that's THE ONLY thing I used to slightly dislike about this site, felt suspicious that rave reviews in non vendor forums were actually posts by vendors....

Now I just ignore em and stick with what I have anyway,

I wasn't claiming vendors or compensated reviews although I'm sure there are some.
I was getting more at pushy people who for whatever reason need for others to use what they use. They're not trying to figure out what's best for the person asking, they're just saying "do what I do".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread