I'm done spending money for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I was curious :( It probably is wasteful, but tanks don't go bad, do they?

I bought one Protank and I like it, so I ordered three more. The main reason for this is I didn't want to worry about my juice eating through plastic tanks. I admit I didn't do enough research about metal tanks, however, what's done is done.

Tanks don't go bad but they don't last forever. I bought 2 Vision Mini Novas and 12 replacement heads - thinking that when the replacement heads were used up I could start rebuilding them myself.

However, the connector on the bottom of the tanks loosen up over time and now my concern is that my tanks will last long enough for me to use all the replacement heads I bought.

7 tanks to start off with might be a little excessive .. but tanks are great and I have no doubt you'll eventually use them all. I don't really like to buy them up, though - because new stuff is always coming out and they stop selling replacement heads for the old stuff. By the time your last tank dies, replacement heads could be hard to find - of course, you can rebuild them yourself.

You probably bought 2 more batteries than you really need - but they only last about a year and then should be replaced - so you've got 2 years worth of batteries . .no big deal. You probably overbought e-juice . .if you bought 9 bottles chances are you won't like them all and some will go unused . .but everybody does that.

So I would say you're right on track - off to a good start.

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I'm probably at 1200 in 3 months?
between ego batts (400, 650, two 1300 spinners) my new mod (sigelei telescope), clearos (gosh, probably 20 c4s, protank, evods, vivi novas), juice (scads of juice and still no ADV)
plus my starter kit (white cloud) and cartos (probably a good 150 worth!) and some flings.

I'm still awhile away from breaking even. I'm feeling SOOO much better in general, enjoying my new hobby, kids love mom doesn't smell like smoke....and added bonus when my mom came to visit a few weeks ago I sent her home with my WC kit and flings and she cut back to 1-2 cigs a day! my mom has been smoking since she was 9 (nearly 50 years!) and I SWEAR TO GOD nothing has deterred her. ever.
She went into labor early with my brother and went into shock and had to have 17u of blood and have hear heart shocked back twice and they had her in a chemically induced coma in ICU for like 48hrs. she woke up and said "either wheel me outside or i'm smoking right here"

*headshake*

I figure I can take the WC stuff off my vape totals now, since I PIFed :)
I also figure once I get my stuff down (namely juices right now) I won't be spending like crazy.
I did just buy my first vw/vv mod and i've got my eye on a really awesome mod right now. Doh!

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
I wasn't claiming vendors or compensated reviews although I'm sure there are some.
I was getting more at pushy people who for whatever reason need for others to use what they use. They're not trying to figure out what's best for the person asking, they're just saying "do what I do".

Absolutely! I got caught up in that in another forum only it was with the juices. Of course, I was new and thought they knew what they were talking about. I don't know how many bottles of crap juice I have based on someone else's very persuasive recs. Taste IS subjective although it took me a few dollars to figure that out!

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Lets see where I'm at ???
Five months without a ciggy....Unbelievable to me !!!
(After 40+years of 'burro reds')

Don't know the exact total...
Wife tells me it's like 3K into Vaping goodies....
But now 30 days without Vapemail, DIY all my juice, have enough mods, batteries and juice supplies for at least 2 years.
Am totally into the vape gear I have and the juice I make....Carmel Butter Rum right now (aah !)...
So at six bucks a pack, divided into 3k....that's break even .....
Next year !
HA HA !!!!:p

Some things you can't put a price tag on...
My life, Family....Vaping vs. Smoking are but a few !
(WEP...Worth Every Penny !)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
The buying never ends. BUT it is possible to stick with what you have and be happy with it (as long as they don't quit making parts for it). I'm still happily vaping away by dripping in 801/302 penstyle atomizers here and there (with an adapter on my mods). I've also moved along into tanks and currently, ProTanks (and liked the first one so much, I bought 4 more additional). My next new toy is the Octopus RDA. I have 2 on the way. It was recommended, and sounded so good, I couldn't resist :p

Technology with this stuff keeps on changing, and I keep on buying. I have bankers boxes of vape gear/juice that wasn't my taste/accessories/mods, etc. that I've moved on from. I stocked up on atomizers during the scare days of the FDA banning vaping (I have 500 various 801/302/510/901 and a few others). I got them cheap (direct from China) so it's not horrible what I spent on them.

I print off all of my orders, and after 4-1/2 years, it's a huge pile of paper. I think I'd faint if I added it all up. :blink: LOL But seriously, all of it was worth every penny.

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
I've spent quite a bit myself. Though I havent gone into the red yet, i know im somewhat close to it.

I find that with vaping, I save money by no longer buying the sweet stuff, sodas, candies, deserts, things that I had a sweet tooth for before. Im 3 months in, with about $600 spent on vaping (eGos, Vamo, Smok Telescopic, RSST x2, AGA T, mesh, wire, tanks, cartos, carto-tanks, clearomisers, Sigelei #20, and mostly juice)

I do not regret any of it because I feel 100x better than I did while smoking, my health has greatly improved and that alone is priceless.

Like posted before, when you have so much gear, just lend it out or pay it forward. Ive given away two eGo's with clearos, and tanks to friends who wanted to quit smoking and could not find a way. They have both since purchased their own setups and passed along my PIF'd the eGo's that I originally gave them.

I think im at the point where im satisfied with my setup. eGo's for work and out and about. Vamo V2 in the car, and Mech Mods are home use only with the rebuildables. I use a variety of juices on a daily basis, but im starting to lean towards one or two that I use every day. Now I think my spending has pretty much come to a halt, except for new refills when I need them.

Shop on, either until you find the right setup for you that you are satisfied with, or your pocket starts kicking you in the rear and you have no choice but to quit spending. :)

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Thank you for posting this. I don't feel quite so bad now. I blew the hell out of this months vape budget and more. I got:
Two Protanks
total of 7 heads
1 Evod and 4 heads.
A K101 mec mod
Zmax V3 flat top telescoping
1 new battery
3 30ml bottles of juice
2mm wicks to rebuild the evod and protank heads
I am spent up on vaping for my birthday an anniversary I had an maybe Christmas. I'm going to be vaping up old flavors I had set aside for a while too. LOL
Good thing I'm not married or I would be in deep dodo.

hueyduey

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
CA, USA
After reading all this... I'll glad I'm not the only one buying various MODs, tanks, cartos, and atomizers. I've had bad luck with my lavatube and 2 Egos. So I said screw it and got a Provari. Once I got the mod part straightened out I wanted to try different types of juice delivery. First it was cartos. Then a CE clearomizer for the Ego which for some reason always went dry. Then a DCT, I found out the dual coil carts weren't as great as the cartos I was originally using. So I started punching my own cartos. Now the tank is getting foggy so I bought a protank (based off reviews) and a glass tank. My first mech is coming, and I also jumped on a co-op for a couple of RBA/RDAs...

It's all about the quest for that perfect vape and figuring out what device works in what situation.... on the go, at work, around the house...

Still in the red, and probably will be until the end of summer. But a few of the people I know who vape, still fall into the clutches of the smelly sticks. I want to have a couple of devices that are reliable and consistent that I don't get that urge.

Kenny Young

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Phoenix AZ, USA
www.facebook.com
No. I think I'm done spending for a while, I'm getting sucked in by all the options. I am currently pondering buying the gear to try "cartomizer tank" but I don't know what to get (DON'T TELL ME).
There's a social group here in Phoenix that gets together once a month, I'll go to the next months meeting to get educated on cartomizers, but until then, I'm done buying stuff.

(I am waiting for two more vape-mails, and that's it, I swear!)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
We're looking forward to seeing you at our social meets Kenny. Hang tight until then... Then you'll REALLY have a hard time when you see everyone's set-ups and all the stuff the local shop owners bring for sale. LOL Maybe you'll get lucky and win the 50/50 pot (so you can buy MOAR stuff)?

I :wub: our social group members! We're pretty lucky here in Arizona to have this group of people, and we all over buy. LOL.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
No. I think I'm done spending for a while, I'm getting sucked in by all the options. I am currently pondering buying the gear to try "cartomizer tank" but I don't know what to get (DON'T TELL ME).

I'll help. Don't.

The way I see it is the progression was: cart + attys, cartos improved on that by making them cheaper and disposable, carto tanks improved on that by larger capacity and keeping them wet, non-carto tanks improved on that by removing the filler and making the replacement part cheaper.
I looked through your posts, the rebuildable coil ProTank you're happy with is the latest improvement with cheap replacments and even cheaper and easy rebuilds.

If you're happy where you are, no going back in history will make you happier. No minor brand based design changes to the non-carto tanks are going to be a big jump. You are free to explore at your leisure.

I was going to say power delivery would be your next place to search for Nirvana but I went back and checked to see you have a Vamo.
Just sit back in your happy place and be happy for a while. You're set until some major new invention comes along.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
The simple fact is......I quit smoking. Vaping is the replacement. I have to buy supplies in order for me to keep my family and friends safe. :laugh: It is not as easy as smoking. Backups and supplies are essential. Will I ever get to the point where I don't see something I want? Who cares. As long as I open my vaping drawer and an overwhelming sense of comfort comes across me..... I'm good. I will add one more thought, if you think you are done buying... evidently you haven't been to FT.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I"m lucky - got off spending about $150 bucks before settling down.

A chunk of that was for an ego starter kit at a local B&M ($44.00). But I don't really mind that. They were super-nice, explained several things I was confused about, and steered me toward the ego/clearomizers. They work for me, I have no urge to try anything fancier. I had tried some ecigs a year or so ago that looked like cigarettes but they didn't satisfy me (and were expensive). (Actually, to be fair, I should count their cost in here too but I'm not.)

Anyway, I should be set for awhile. I seriously shouldn't need to buy anything for at least a year. Other than clearomizers, I probably have enough stuff for two years. So life is good.

But there's something even more important. Exactly one week after I put down my last cigarette, my son looked at me and said "Mom, your cough is gone." I hadn't even realized it but he was right. And that is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread