I'm finding I seldom vape outside the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Okay, I'm sitting here at home, chain vaping the way I always do. But I've found over the past month or so, I seldom vape outside the house.

I work 10 hour days, plus an hour lunch, plus 3 breaks. I walk to work, and these days, I usually take my first vape of the day when I'm a block away... three or four toots. I almost never go outside to vape during breaks, and I seldom spend more than five minutes outside at lunch.

This from a former two pack a day smoker who used to spend a half hour after my morning shower chain smoking before I left for work, smoking two cigs walking to and from work, two at every break and three or four at lunch.

It's not that I'm trying to cut down... I just don't feel the need any more.

And the other day... I went to the dentist for an emergency root canal, went shopping afterwards, and then, when the Novocaine wore off, went to dinner. In all that time, it never occurred to me to vape. I didn't even notice until the friend who was driving me around pointed it out.

I have no idea what it all means, but I find it interesting.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
It is surely interesting, but good for you! I'm sorta the same way I guess. The only time I chain-vape is when I'm home, driving, or hanging out at a friend's house. If I'm running errands or going to class (thankfully it's summer now :D) I really don't vape much. That and during family functions I don't really vape much, either.

Cil

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
UK
It's very odd, I wake up in the morning make my tea and some toast, put on the breakfast news then vape for about 10 minutes, shower and all the other stuff the mornings bring.

I can then sit in meetings for 3 to 4 hours without thinking about it, what I have noticed is that I now seem to eat properly i.e. Breakfast, Dinner & Tea and tend to enjoy my meals more, rather than snacking on the run.

Last edited:

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
well I work from home so I tend to vape a lot, but I have noticed when I'm out and about I don't really think about it much. I used to only be able to sit at my mom's house for about an hour an hour and 1/2 tops before I had to bolt out the door to smoke now I can hang out all afternoon without the urgent need to leave.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I find that I vape at the same times and situations I would usually smoke. If I am driving, I am vaping. At home, in front of the computer, I am vaping. I no longer take breaks at work because I can vape at my desk (as I am doing now). I vape when I mow the yard (I wish the vapor would deter gnats like smoke does), and I vape when I am out walking. I find that now, when going out, I tend to double check to make sure I have an extra battery and some juice instead of counting the number of cigs I have left. I do vape more often than I ever smoked though. First it is not as expensive (at least now that I am stocked up) and those final cigs of the day were usually lung killers because I had smoked so much during the day, but I vape right up to bed time.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
I am pretty much the same way...I wasn't a heavy smoker and usually only smoked at home in the evenings anyway, so I probably vape more than I smoked. It's more enjoyable to me for sure. I don't normally think about it during the workday, never smoked then either, but I have a place I can vape if I do want to. Really any place I didn't/couldn't smoke I don't vape either.
And not having to go outside in the cold or hot TX weather is a huge plus!!

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
I switched from using analogs to an e-cig on May 11th and have noticed over the last week that my vaping has started to taper off. I'm vaping less during the work day while on my breaks and lunch hour. At home I still vape fairly often but feel less of a need to use the e-cig while driving, which is a big change of habit for me. Tonight I went grocery shopping and didn't even take it with me. I was gone for less than an hour, but it felt like a milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread