I'm Going Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
8-oI have been searching through all of the reviews and forum sponsors and to be honest I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of different models that are available. I know many are just renamed and would like if any experienced users would take the time to help me make a decision on what to buy.
First i want to let you know that My first intro to the e-cig was a health e-cigarette. I love the concept with the cigarette box that holds you carts and battery and also has a built in charger. The problem is that I am a 3 pack a day smoker and this unit is not working for me.
If I'm going to kick the habit, I need something more dependable and satisfying. I like the size of my e health about 3.75" and the look "traditional" I work outside and don't have the time to be playing with USB chargers and dumb stuff. I'm looking for something dependable that will last a 3 pack a day smoker all day outside in Florida that can maybe fit in my pocket and be ready when i have the quite frequent urge to smoke. Most of the stores show a pic and tell you a style but don't give you the length in size. I want something like a real cig, And no larger than a Marlboro 100. That's even to big.
I know you all get many of these posts saying "what should I buy"
I must add, That i want to purchase from someone in the USA as i keep my money "in house" so to speak.
Thanks for your time and help
Scintar

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Sorry Scintar. You have to choose one or the other.

Tiny little mini cig = tiny little mini battery that lasts a couple hours and a tiny little cart that's equal to a couple cigs, then you have to change/refill it.

A bigger device like a cigar or even a minipipe/penstyle gives you 3x the battery, and a much larger cart that you'll only have to muck with a couple times a day.

There is an alternative though. You can buy TWO mini kits with decent batteries, like PILOT/M401, and a couple extra atomizers. With two kits, you get 4 batteries, and with 2 extra atomizers, you get 4 complete e-cigs. You can stick all four in your pocket, and chain smoke'em till they are all done, then refill or change all the carts once in the morning, and once in the evening.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
If you like the idea of a charger case they make one for the 510 series (Dura, Titan, Yeti, etc.), and those models are also available with manual switches which are the way to go if you like a lot of vapour. Only problem is that they're a little bigger than you specify at around 115mm, so if that's a deal-killer you then something like a Pilot M402 might be a better bet. The down side is that you'll get less vapour and a shorter battery life so my advice FWIW is to rethink your position on size limits.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have tried the 901 and 801 and I know from experience: GET THE SCREWDRIVER! You won't be disappointed. It's more expensive $150 but the battery lasts about 7 hours and you can get replacement batteries locally or very cheap from DealExtreme.com. It has a manual switch instead of an auto-switch so you can heat up the atomizer and get a much better throat hit plus you can drip your liquid on the atomizer and not worry about it getting in the battery compartment. It uses the 901 atomizer so you can get them almost from anyone or buy in bulk like many of us do from someone like EastMall.com. Here are some links for you:

Screwdriver:

ecigscrewdriver.com

Extra Batteries:

CR123 CR123A 123A Charger +4x 3.7V Rechargeable Battery - eBay (item 160324434375 end time Apr-06-09 23:05:00 PDT)

EastMall:

www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

PS: when you get the extra batteries to go along with the two that come with it, you can carry an extra one and have enough power to last 14 hours!!! Just make sure you have about 10-15 extra atomizers because they don't last as long with the SD. Here is a good post on how to clean atomziers to make them last longer.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...75-cola-method-taken-another-level-works.html

Last edited:

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Thanks for thr replys everyone.
I could not wait. I seen that the Njoy pro was at the pilot travel center so i drove 30 miles to pick one up. The npro is nice and tastes pretty good but I do want somthing more durable. Im going to buy somthing else but atleast I can put down the analogs for not.
The screwdriver a deal Xtreme product? I read some bad reviews.
Thanks everyone for your help.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
No the screwdriver is by a member here named Trog. I expect there are some video reviews of the screwdriver here.

Scintar, with the criteria you noted I'm thinking the newer Vapor King may be a good fit. You can check it out here (and probably also in the review section):
Vapor4Life: e-cigarette-forum supplier section

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
I could not wait. I seen that the Njoy pro was at the pilot travel center so i drove 30 miles to pick one up. The npro is nice and tastes pretty good but I do want somthing more durable. Im going to buy somthing else but atleast I can put down the analogs for not.

Something else good to know is that the NPro is a RN4081 model. You can buy extra atomizers from PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For PV's, Parts, & Accessories! (it's the same as the peewee model) for pretty cheap, and extra cartridges as well. Refilling cartridges is the cheapest way to go, I got the Johnson Creek Welcome to E-Smoking kit, because it as sampler sizes of lots of flavors, a little drip bottle that's good for bringing out with you to top off dry carts, and other handy stuff. My atomizer stopped working, though, so now I'm stuck waiting for spares to come in the mail. It's *agonizing*! :p

Good Luck!
Dot

Alanae

Mar 13, 2009
North Carolina
Something else good to know is that the NPro is a RN4081 model. You can buy extra atomizers from PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For PV's, Parts, & Accessories! (it's the same as the peewee model) for pretty cheap, and extra cartridges as well. Refilling cartridges is the cheapest way to go, I got the Johnson Creek Welcome to E-Smoking kit, because it as sampler sizes of lots of flavors, a little drip bottle that's good for bringing out with you to top off dry carts, and other handy stuff. My atomizer stopped working, though, so now I'm stuck waiting for spares to come in the mail. It's *agonizing*! :p

Good Luck!
Dot

I've read multiple threads about JC and their liquids. I can't tell you why, since I myself don't use JC eliquid, but it seems the atomizers fail with this liquid. Might want to check the forum to find out more info however since I don't even begin to act the expert on this one. There is a thread under the General E-Smoking Discussion with alot of information on the JC juice and the issues people have recently had with the product.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

No, the screwdriver is made by trog in the UK. You can get the batteries at dealextreme or from the link I provided. Based on your criteria, the screwdriver is what you want and I am just a user, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread