I'm going to be buying a Vision Spinner 900 or 1300mAh, and I have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Ok, like the title says I am about to buy a Vision Spinner, with a gift certificate I won in an ECF contest :D, and I am trying to figure something out...

I currently have two eGo chargers (both the same), and I need to know if they would work with the Spinner. I took a couple pictures of the info written on the wall adapter and the eGo connector...

0723140622a.jpg 0723140622.jpg

If you can't see it in the pictures here are the specs:

Wall Adapter
Model: KNC015E-050050U
Input: 100-240V AC - 50/60Hz 0.1A Max
Output: 5V===0.5A

eGo Connector
Model: UC4631
Input: DC 5V
Output: 4.2V 0.4A

I'm still not very knowledgeable on this subject, and I just wanted to be sure I can use the above charger with the Spinner 900mAh or 1300mAh. Also, I'm not too worried about how long they will take to charge, as this will only be for quick trips out of the house (so I can charge it at home while using my MVP 2 or SVD).

Oh and I would also love to see pics of the 900/1300mAh spinners with different tanks, especially the Stainless Steel versions.

Any input is appreciated!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Those chargers will work with any eGo battery. Be sure to use a USB/wall adaptor like common cell phones use for the charger, and not use a computer or automobile USB port as these could have too much or too little output for the charger/battery.

Below are a couple of pics with an ego Spinner or Twist with a variety of tanks on top.

vivinovamini-twist.jpg spinnerProtank.jpg Halfling on Spinner.jpg IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Those chargers will work with any eGo battery. Be sure to use a USB/wall adaptor like common cell phones use for the charger, and not use a computer or automobile USB port as these could have too much or too little output for the charger/battery.

So I shouldn't use the wall adapter I posted a picture of? I have a couple cell phone wall adapters I can use, but wasn't sure if they would be too powerful for an eGo.

EDIT - If it matters the wall adapter I use with my cell phone says - Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.16A and Output: 5.0V 1.0A

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have Vision spinners along with various other ego type batteries. What you have will work just fine with your new spinner batteries. I can't speak for bad but I think he was saying "don't charge your batteries by plugging them into your computer. The wall wart you have should be fine.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I have Vision spinners along with various other ego type batteries. What you have will work just fine with your new spinner batteries. I can't speak for bad but I think he was saying "don't charge your batteries by plugging them into your computer. The wall wart you have should be fine.

Awesome, thanks!

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Yes, what you have will work just fine. I have lots of spinners and use the same things to charge them.

Someone else mentioned the Spinner II. I have 3 of them and 3 of the original spinners. I love them all the same. :) The spinner II has a little more battery life, and there is a light indicator for battery life. Those are the only difference, to me, they perform the same otherwise.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Awesome, thanks!

Yes... Bad was Saying that Using a USB Port on a Computer/Laptop or one in a Car should be Avoided. And that One should use a Wall Wart and then plug the eGo Charger into it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - I got Sick of Having a Drawer full of Wall Charges. And Having to do the Tetris Puzzle Solution every day to get them to fit in the Combinations and Permutations of charging Multiple USB Devices.

So I bought one of these and it Works Great.

31-nVA0bRbL._SY300_.jpg

You just plug it into a Grounded Wall Outlet and leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread