I'm going to sound like a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear Coffee

Jan 31, 2012
Virginia
I glad that peeps give up the analog habit and have saved lots of cash, don't get me wrong.:vapor:
Could everyone quit bragging about it in the Signatures ?
The reason? Simple I'm sure some Politian or Politian's Flunky is reads this site. Do you know what they see when they read $3,000 Saved!! LOST Revenue. The more peeps brag about how much money they are saving the Higher the taxes will be when the Taxes start. It's only a matter of time before the price a E juice doubles. :mad:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I glad that peeps give up the analog habit and have saved lots of cash, don't get me wrong.:vapor:
The reason? Simple I'm sure some Politian or Politian's Flunky is reads this site. Do you know what they see when they read $3,000 Saved!! LOST Revenue. The more peeps brag about how much money they are saving the Higher the taxes will be when the Taxes start. It's only a matter of time before the price a E juice doubles. :mad:

Your thread title is correct

Seriously, if they were smart, they would dig deeper and see what all this vaping gear costs, and find a way to get part of the revenue.

Every time I think I have hit even with money saved vs money spent, I buy something new!

Cr0tchF4i

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
San Diego, CA
It's a motivational tool for new members and also for people to get increased support if they feel like switching back to analogs.

I see what you're saying- but understand they have HUGE departments of accountants, Marketing Agents and Analytic Groups that know these figures before we even do.

Out of everything, I doubt member signatures will be the main cause of any inflation or added attention.

(This may be the most mature post I've ever had in a forum)

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
They don't need to visit ECF to know how much revenue they are losing. What would really get them going is if they figured out how much money is being sent off to China.

The balance of trade deficit between China and the US is about 300 billion dollars per annum, ecigs probably make up less than 0.01% of that.

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
The reason? Simple I'm sure some Politian or Politian's Flunky is reads this site. Do you know what they see when they read $3,000 Saved!! LOST Revenue. The more peeps brag about how much money they are saving the Higher the taxes will be when the Taxes start. It's only a matter of time before the price a E Juice doubles. :mad:

I'm no wizard like yourself, but I'm thinking if big tobaccee wants these figures they're not going to send someone to add up all the numbers in peoples forum signatures on this site.

They problem have number wizards that record analytics for everything. They probably even save those reports so that they can compare them to each other. They might even notice the loss in sales when you decide to quit.

One thing I can promise you is this. They don't want to see their money leave (tobacco or government) and they will find a way to recover it. Especially the government. Smoking is a huge income for all federal governments.

Another promise I can make you is that any lost revenue to e-cigs is not a deep dark secret trapped in the bottom three lines of the ECF members sigs.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Relax mon , they don't bother - all they need to do is to check their take on tobacco tax frequently. As officials are breathing down the manufacturer's necks when tax labels get pulled from the strong room ( lest a single penny goes astray ) and fed into the hoppers of the packing machines, they know upto the minute what their income is or isn't. Taxin tobacco has always been a fine line between greed and more greed ( don't believe that hypocritical we're-oh-so-concerned-about-your-health rubbish ) : Increase the tax too sharply and it'll cut into the revenue cuz more folks going to quit. Raise it a notch at a time and you might be able to keep the income stable while the customer actually shrinks slighty. Vaping does take a bite out of the proceeds of both , the stinkie makers and the stinking taxmen, err I mean the stinkie taxers, else BT wouldn't be on a shopping trip, buying themselves into e-cig manufacturers or tinkering with creating their own models. What requires a weary eye is any moves from BT, trying to sneak some legislation that would give them the edge and squeeze the other makers out of the market....

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The balance of trade deficit between China and the US is about 300 billion dollars per annum, ecigs probably make up less than 0.01% of that.

And growing daily. I get what you are saying but do you not think some local politician would love to have those jobs come into his district?

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
You have got to be kidding, well, I know your not, but you know what, I am proud of the fact that there is something that finally after 35 years of smoking and trying all of the other so called Cessation products which worked as well as the "Teats on a boar hog" I am proud to show how many days, weeks, months that I have finally gotten away from the Gov approved addiction and am more then happy to show them how much they have lost and is actually going to something that is at the very least much more healthy for me. I could care a less about worrying about them getting their panties in a bunch because they are losing this revenue, they have cost me enough! Things are going to happen regardless of what we have in our signatures!

Those people are not going to sit there counting the amounts they are losing from sig's, this has already made impact on their profit and loss statements, perhaps we need to hide those from them instead of the sigs!

WidowsSon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto ON
china doesn't steel American jobs.... that's ridiculous..

americans demand consumer goods that wouldn't exist otherwise.. You demand iphones and gadgets and you ha's, but only want to pay nothing for them.

china keeps your consumerist economy a float by injecting percentage points of their gdp into the US markets in exchange for keeping their massive workforce employed by creating the crap you demand. It's a viscous cycle and you need each other which is exactly why you'll not likely see a war between the two of you ever.

China calls it's debt, US goes broke, 60% of china is out of work, their economy folds.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
While China may not directly steal jobs from US workers, indirectly, they certainly do. US employers need to meet our growing demands all while maintaining healthy profit margins (although healthy, like flavor, is subjective), the biggest problem is simple: they can't - it's cost prohibitive / extremely expensive because we don't openly work for low wages and have strict minimum wage laws. Naturally, to maintain those margins, they outsource the majority of their manufacturing overseas to China where the pay is low and the people are than plentiful.

How plentiful? Watch reports - there's often 4-9 people living in what we would consider a one-bedroom apartment and they live in what we use as chicken cages with no privacy and a thin sheet separating them, all stacked on top of each other (2-3 cages high). It's more so due to China and a good chunk of Asia being overpopulated (enough to where they limit how many children families can have), but that's why we (the US) can even get away with the cheap-o labor.

There's numerous reports that show job losses in all 50 states due to outsourcing said manufacturing, and it continues to happen daily. And it's not a few hundred thousand jobs, we're talking millions.

china doesn't steel American jobs.... that's ridiculous..

americans demand consumer goods that wouldn't exist otherwise.. You demand iphones and gadgets and you ha's, but only want to pay nothing for them.

china keeps your consumerist economy a float by injecting percentage points of their gdp into the US markets in exchange for keeping their massive workforce employed by creating the crap you demand. It's a viscous cycle and you need each other which is exactly why you'll not likely see a war between the two of you ever.

China calls it's debt, US goes broke, 60% of china is out of work, their economy folds.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I know it's scary to think that the one thing that has helped us quit smoking is in jeopardy by the FDA and the government's lack of tax income. But allowing sig banners to raise your anxiety is not going to help.

As many have said, they already know what they're losing in revenue.

This forum is about support. And the sig banners are an important part of the encouragement we give and receive here.

If you find yourself frustrated and angry over the possibility of the ecig industry going to pot, I suggest redirecting that energy to action in CASAA or a local organization that fights for the rights of vapers.

WindyCityJoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
:smokie:Lets not forget that any money we may have saved (except for the fact that we keep feeding our new hobby) has already been taxed. Point #2 is that tobacco companies have already seen the effect on their bottom line and that is why 3 of the biggest cigarette makers decided to get into the ecig business themselves. By the way, I would have more than one banner up if the rules would allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread