The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

I'm gonna be in the local paper with my GG gear :)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by subver, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. subver

subver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    So I was interviewed briefly about e-cigs for a local paper. I feel as though I gave her some good information (I even emailed her some good studies) - and now they want to take my photo with my gear. Well, all of my gear is Golden Greek stuff, so it will look very nice :)

I have a Just GG + Ithaka, GGTS + Ithaka, Stealth + Penelope and an Ody v2 (and all my DIY gear)

I wish I had more to show, like some of you guys!

I wish I had some sort of larger GG logo that I could throw in there so everyone could see it!

I'm also really nervous that things I said are taken out of context.. I really hope that's not the case!
    The writer is young and she smokes cigarettes, and she seemed genuinely interested in learning about them, so hopefully it's a good article!

Just wanna give a heads up, I will post it when it comes out! Should be Sunday I believe

2. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sounds like you got a reporter that might write a good article, especially if you can convert her.

3. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    just great sub. I want to see you and your vaping GG gear on news very soon. It seems that you did a great job with her buddy!:)

4. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Toronto
    sub where have you been man? scoring interviews I see (and maybe scoring full stop ;))

5. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    Congrats Sub, that will be great. Dont worry about the newswoman printing stuff you didnt say - they all do it.

6. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Thanks guys!
    aalwani I've been super busy lately! I'm hoping to get back on here soon.. I see that new Ithaka rebuildable part and am kicking myself for not being around to snag one!!

I'm way excessively nervous about this and I kinda regret even agreeing to any of it! Just can't wait for it to be over, the whole thing is giving me anxiety haha

7. ram007

ram007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    manila
    post the clippings so we can see :laugh:

8. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Will do! Here is the setup I am displaying:

[​IMG]

The photographer should be here in 20 mins!

I want him to take a photo of me with a big plume of vapor in front of my face :)

9. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Just got the photos.. he took close-ups of me disassembling my JustGG, and he wrote down "Golden Greek" - so you will get a shout-out Imeo! I told him "Yes, please put Golden Greek in there I would love to get him exposure"

I do bite my nails, so I'm hoping there aren't any gnarly nail photos in there :blink:

10. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    That is so great, maybe you could tell them to give you some newspapers for your friends? :D

x 2 Newspaper

(I would like to have that page from the newspaper framed)

11. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    I can definitely scan it at a high resolution if anyone wants to print it!
    I hope they use good photos! I made sure all the GG wings were facing the camera when I could

12. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    I can also get extra copies if anyone wants! I just hope the article is worth it!

13. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    wow, just great sub!
    I too want a copy of the article:)

14. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Hey guys, here's just a quick preview of the article!
    They did use "Golden Greek" - Awesome! I wasn't sure they would use it or not!

[​IMG]

I'm not a big part of the article at all, but I really like how they included Golden Greek :)

I'll set the full article up for you guys to see as soon as I can

15. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    And they used my photo for the main article page
    [​IMG]

16. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Toronto
    You do look hardcore

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    wow, great sub! Your name and your face side by side with GGs. Just exellent buddy!!

Is the article ready? We need to read it

18. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Sorry for the delay, here is the article I pieced together. I had to get an account to view it. I will try to get an easier one to ready soon:

[​IMG]

And here's a link if that is too small to read

I think the article is ok for the most part, but I was under the impression it would be different. I thought I was just clearing up some misunderstandings with e-cigs, and that I was to be shown as a hobbyist e-cig user, along with other normal e-cig users, but it looks like I am the only one shown. I suppose it has more interesting photos and will sell more papers, though?

I also did send them studies about exhaled vapor having no nicotine or carcinogens, but in the article they say this fact is unknown...

And the line saying "I hate using in front of people" was taken a little bit out of context and not literal :p

And I kind of wish she didn't put the weed quote in there, but still.. people do ask me that all the time in public (semi jokingly, sometimes not)

At least they showed both sides, although they could have done much better research :/

What do you guys think?

19. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
  20. Electraglide1

Electraglide1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Good article. Thanks sub for taking the risk and it's good that she had an open mind. Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.