I'm having issues with the UWell Crown II, and it's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
I purchased the Crown II yesterday afternoon. I primed and installed the .50ohm Coil and sat around 55w enjoying the great taste and cloud. I decided to change the juice and that's when all hell broke lose apparently.

Before I was done using even 3/4s of the juice I just put in the tank for the second time I got dry hits. Dry hits left and right. They got so bad I had to stop using my vaporizer for the rest of the night.

This morning I decided to change the coil with a replacement coil acquired from the same shop I purchased the tank at. It was .50ohms. Same thing happened when I first used the tank. Absolutely great taste and clouds, I was elated. I thought it was just the previous coil. I went to refill the tank again to enjoy this tank. Halfway through the second tank, the dry spell hits yet again.

Go online, look for problems, see something about using a needle to make a puncture in the juice ports in the coil.

I get a 18 gauge needle from work, medical grade. I make holes in all four ports cotton exposed areas. Also, it was extremely difficult for being just cotton, I didn't hit the coil either. It was actually tough getting the needle through. A needle that has no problem going through anything most of the time.

I put the coil back in, refill the tank and let it sit for a couple minutes.

Take the first pull, and it's lovely. Just like the taste was when I first had the coils in... One tank later, getting some dry hits now. Not as bad as before but they're starting.

Took the tank off again and checked the coil. I saw very dark liquid in the top of the coil. I made an additional hole on each port now and it seems to have subsided.

But I'm actually scared to take a full pull now and it's bother me, especially for a tank that's lovely at first. I upgraded from my iJoy Reaper so it was a big upgrade for me.

I contacted UWell and described to them my problem and if the replacement coils they're selling on their site are "new" in any sense and fixed from the cotton being too compacted.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I doing something wrong? I don't see any o-rings that could possibly be loose but I'm fairly new to using a vaporizer. I was a pack a day smoker for seven years so having this dry hit taste in my mouth is disgusting and even worse than what I was getting from stinkies...

Thanks for any help.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm currently using Ronin Banzai. Also, if it helps. I just noticed my coil is reading between .49ohms and .54ohms on my IPV d2. Not sure if that could be a problem.
I googled it, on their site they offer no information about PG/VG ratio, maybe try a couple, like two or three, drops of distilled water in a tank and shake it up to mix it really well. If their juice is max VG your tank might not be wicking well enough. Maybe try another brand of juice with a fresh coil. Good luck.

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
I asked about the VG content of your juice because thick juices cause wicking problems leading to dry hits. The ohms sound OK.

I googled it, on their site they offer no information about PG/VG ratio, maybe try a couple, like two or three, drops of distilled water in a tank and shake it up to mix it really well. If their juice is max VG your tank might not be wicking well enough. Maybe try another brand of juice with a fresh coil. Good luck.

The Ronin Banzai is 70% VG, 30% PG.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I'm currently using Ronin Banzai. Also, if it helps. I just noticed my coil is reading between .49ohms and .54ohms on my IPV d2. Not sure if that could be a problem.

I don't have experience with this tank or juice BUT I have had similar problems when vaping a very juice, like a super cool honeydew. I get dry hits rapidly and the cotton and coils get gunked up. It might be from some kind of caramelisation from the sweeteners.
On my rebuildables, the only option for me was to clean the tank and coils and change the wick.

Josh220

Jul 27, 2016
I have had similar issues as far as the coils go. I'm prepping the coils, running them at lower wattage for about an hour slowly increasing the wattage, and I'm still going through coils like hell. The .25 ohm coil at 65-70 watts, I'm only getting 2 or 3 days out of them. I'm disappointed with this because I loved the original crown, but I can't afford the go througj coils that damn fast.

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
I have had similar issues as far as the coils go. I'm prepping the coils, running them at lower wattage for about an hour slowly increasing the wattage, and I'm still going through coils like hell. The .25 ohm coil at 65-70 watts, I'm only getting 2 or 3 days out of them. I'm disappointed with this because I loved the original crown, but I can't afford the go througj coils that damn fast.

I've heard some reviewers say that the new v3 coils were fixed. I ordered some from UWell directly and they should hopefully be here in a couple of days.

Starscollide

Jul 29, 2016
Wow. I'm so glad there is someone else having issues besides me. I have a sigelei 213 and upgraded from the crown to the crown 2. I've had a horrible experience so far. Dry hits left and right but also issues with the tank getting so hot after 2 hits that it causes the juice to sputter and pop in my mouth.

So far I've used the coils that came with it, the .25 and .5 coils. Uwell never responded to my email and I think once I get paid I'm going to buy a different tank sadly.

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
Wow. I'm so glad there is someone else having issues besides me. I have a sigelei 213 and upgraded from the crown to the crown 2. I've had a horrible experience so far. Dry hits left and right but also issues with the tank getting so hot after 2 hits that it causes the juice to sputter and pop in my mouth.

So far I've used the coils that came with it, the .25 and .5 coils. Uwell never responded to my email and I think once I get paid I'm going to buy a different tank sadly.

Well, I sent UWell an email as well but I've been told they've been pounded with support emails so it takes a while to respond for them.

I ordered the new version 3 coils from their website and they will arrive today. I am going to test them out and I'll let you know.

My two .50ohm version 2 coils (black rubber band around coil case) lasted me maybe a tank and a half. I used the .25 ohm coil, also v2 and it has lasted me about two days now. But the .50 were my favorite.

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
See I didn't even know they had version 3. I thought the crown 2 coils that came with the crown 2 were the newest ones.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well, just got my order. Coils look exactly the same unfortunately. Can't believe UWell sent me old coils.

Update: Called UWell and spoke with someone. He said the light grey bands that reviewers had were the beta models so the reviewers could differentiate. All V3 coils look exactly the same to Version 2. Said the only way to make sure you received V3 coils was to purchase them directly from UWell. He also said wattage ranges that were printed on the side of the coils were printed wrong. He told me that the highest wattage to use for each coil would be the lowest wattage printed on them. So for the .50ohm coil it would be 50w MAX.

Last edited:

Warjec

Jul 26, 2016
That explains the burning taste then. I'll switch to a new .25 tonight. They are rated 60 to 100 but I guess ill run at 60.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm honestly upset now though. I loved the flavor of the .5 coils for the first tank with the v2 coils. Now they're scaling back wattage and everything.

I really feel like just picking up a regular Crown now.

Edit: Sitting at 50w for about 8 hours now. The atomizer seems to be going strong. Through two tanks of juice now compared to the less then one tank where the V2 coil failed. I'm sitting at 50W like UWell said the max wattage should be at. The vape has heat to it and flavor. No problems right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread