I'm just fed up at this point. Need a clearo that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for about 5 months now.
I have the itaste vv which I love, but i can't seem to find a clearo that actually works all the time. Ironically enough the ones that worked most consistently, were the iclear 16's that came in my starter kit.

My first upgrade was the protank mini. Vapor production was awesome, but I kept getting dry hits and burnt taste. Searched around, saw people who removed 1 wick, and modified the rubber seal on the atomizer. I got the best results with flipping that seal upside down. No more burning taste. But that caused it to leak. I'd set it down for a few hours, and I'd have fluid on the contacts, and the atomizer would be flooded. So I worked around this for a while

Went up to the store where I've bought everything at, and they had no answers for me. But highly reccomended the new aerotank. So I got it. Vapor production was even better, taste was better, and no leaking onto
the contacts. But I was, and am still getting an intermittent burnt taste and it's pretty awful. I never run higher than 7.5 watts, as any higher makes the burnt taste more and more pronounced. If I set it at the lowest (6 watts) there's almost never burning taste, but I get liquid spatter in my mouth and vapor production is low.

I've gone back to analogs twice throughout this whole thing, and I can't go back a third time.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Well...I learned to rebuild the coils and cotton wick them and removed all those problems with my Kanger tanks. Not bad....this gave me the confidence to get some drippers and learn more about coils and wicks. Fun...easy to change flavors but no tanks. Then I got a Kayfun Lite....game changer....REAL flavor...dense vapor..juicy almost....Now..I only use my Protanks as emergency backups.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Are you drawing on it like you would a cigarette? The key to keeping the juice from getting into your mouth is to keep it from getting too empty and also drawing slowly on it. I find that when I am in NEED of a vape I suck too hard and then I start tasting straight juice. With the factory coils, I had to refill when it was about 2/3 empty on the glass (was probably about half full) to avoid this. You might want to make sure you are not pressing the button as you inhale as well, press the button first for a moment and then start to inhale. Vaping with these tanks is different than how I used to smoke, but I did adjust over the last month and a half or so.

You will get there. There is a learning curve. Keep reading around here and in the new members forum and you will see lots of good advice. And that 7.5 watts was a good place for me with the factory coils as well on the VV Ver 3.0. You are on the right track.

I'd really like to learn about dripping at some point, but for
Now I like the clearomizers because when I'm at work I can just grab it off my toolbox, take a few puffs real quick and get back to work.

So is what you're talking about a clearomizer, or something different?

And cotton wicks? How hard is that to accomplish? Because I'd love to make the aerotank work

I don't draw as hard as I would a cigarette, partly due to the aerotank's nice free-flowing draw.

The juice in my mouth only happens on
The lowest setting, or after it's been sitting overnight. Even with 1/4 tank at 7.0-7.5 watts I get very little to no juice in my mouth

The burning taste is really what's got me frustrated. It's so disgusting

Edit: tried taking slower draws and holding the button for a second before, result was burning taste worse than ever

Last edited:

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Hated iClear 16's at first. But then went through a spell where I couldn't get a decent vape out of any of my protanks mini or TS3 minis at all. Was so desperate I went back to the iclear cause it was going to be analogues soon. Got used to them and they performed ok.

But I've bought some new ones and also replacment heads and right now can't get any of them to vape decently. Getting desperate. Saw someone suggest an Aspire BDC. Vape mail arrived today. I've only put 1ml through it but I'm really impressed so far.

For the price maybe it's worth a shot.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well, the only suggestions I haven't read so far in this thread is to try using the vv part of the itaste when first filling or refilling the tank. Then after you are sure the coils and wick are saturated switch it to vw.
Evod tanks take the same heads as the protank mini, but are a little cheaper in price.
I also use the aspire bdc -s and they are so much better at keeping up with vapers who use their pv's all the time. Personally, I have several pv set-ups going at the same time so I rotate thru them so no one pv is used constantly and there is less stress for the one to perform. This has worked quite well for me as I like many different types of flavors. And I am never bored with just one flavor.
:)

The iclear 16 is mediocre at best, vapor production is low and the airflow is very restricted, but the flavor was at least always there, and I could run it nearly dry before I'd get any dry hits or bad taste.

I haven't run my itaste on the vv settings since like the first week I had it. I found most people use the vw over the vv, so I switched to that. I don't really see the difference honestly. It's all ohms law. Don't see why that would change the performance of the clearo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread