I'm looking at buying a new tank and I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I need help finding a new tank. I have had many trials and errors with tanks that I've bought in the past. I have gone through several different tank models and I keep finding things that I don't like about each of the tanks that I've tried. I have tried 3 different bottom coil tanks and each one always leaked and gurgled. I've had the kanger t3s, kanger mt3, and generic gsh2. I had a couple long wick top coil tanks as well: iclear 16 and kanger t2. I enjoy the iclear tank most of the time, but ocassionally, the draws i take off of it are stiff. I don't like how the iclear burns through my juice like No tomorrow, I was told that it's because dual coils use up juice faster. Also the iclear coils seem to burn up really fast, I'm changing them out once a week. the t2 was really good. It didn't leak or anything, but it seemed to not want to fire up half the time. All of the local e cig shops around me are saying that top coil tanks are getting phased out and unpopular and people are turning to bottom coil tanks. one shop also said vivi novas are getting phased out too and he's Not going to carry those anymore. I'm almost scared to buy another bottom coil tank because of my bad experiences with them. I don't want dual coiled tanks if they cause you to burn through the juice like crazy. I'm not a fan of the larger tanks because I don't like the appearance. Also, I've read that bottom coil tanks leak more in higher elevations and so I'm wondering if that's true because the area I live in is all mountains.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look at thread.

Don't mean to be short with this reply but I would strongly recommend Davide tanks by Anyvape. Its the rebuildable protank style, expect I have had no problems. Even with chain vaping and poor use (dropping, letting set for days at a time). They have the standard bottom fill and a new top fill design that uses Aspire BDC coils. Just a little tank with a lot of suprise

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Ever thought about leaving the clearo's behind and trying carto tanks?

I've gone through a variety of clearos with similar issues as you. The Joyetech eGo-CC is the only one I really care for and will continue to use as it's been totally problem free for me.

I just stepped into the world of catotanks not but a couple of weeks ago and so far it's been a real pleasant vape for me.
Something you might want to look into.

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
I have a pro tank 2 and an aerotank. I bought an aerotank base for the PT 2 and it has been perfect since. I had some of the leaking/gurgling issues with the PT 2. Mostly trouble free since, the issues I have had have been operator error. I'm in Denver, so high elevation as well.

Sent from a van down by the river.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've also heard the aerotank base solves a lot of problems with protank2's (and anything compatable), including leaks. I've got a couple of bases coming now and hope that's true. I found them at KangerTech's website since a lot of online vendors were out of them. Anyway, a base is sure cheaper than buying a new tank.

I still see Vivi Nova's being sold. Take a look at their new V-Fate glass tank line.
Also check the clearomizer thread.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I just though I would throw this in. I got a couple of U-DCT 2.5ml pyrex tanks from SmokTek made by Smok or SmokeTech and I am using the new procoil bottom coil cartos. The Vape is great but the first one lasted 2 days, could have been my fault. They are 3ohm and I am using 4.2v on Provari. $9.99 tank and 1.99 carto so pretty cheap. Hoping this second one lasts better. Oh I am also using HHV juice Shadow, with a little Caramel Apple 70/30 blend 3mg nic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread