I'm new, help with what I bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steevo95

Sep 18, 2013
San Diego
Hi! My names Steve.
I was looking for a vape at a local smoke shop and my girlfriend and I both ended up buying them. I got mine to quit smoking cigarettes (which was a really bad habit due to my heart condition). I've noticed that in 2 days I already feel alot better and my vape is a great substitute for cigarettes for me.

SO: I spent A LOT of money on our set ups, but I know I got a good deal cause I know the owner and he took off more than 10% off of cost. So all I know is that I got a SMOKTECH magneto and a KANGERTECH protank 2 atomizer. The magneto is telescopic and is extended all the way for the battery. I don't know what battery it is and I'm not sure really what I got myself into. I want a better understanding of what I have but I don't have the time to go back to the shop. I basically told the guy "yeah I want a vape to quit smoking so give me the nicest stuff you got" he pulled out some crazy thing that was like $130 that had a display and I didn't like that so I went with the magneto which was my favorite. I hit a cardonizer (however you say it) and was not satisfied with it so we hooked up an atomizer. I like my setup the best out of all others I've tried. I really like the vape, but like I said, I just want a better understanding of what I have. Thanks guys.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
The Smoktek Magneto is actually a pretty nice mechanical mod. It has no wires or soldering, so the power is going straight from the battery to the atomizer. Also it has a button that fires using magnets. It wouldn't be something I would recommend to a newbie. With mechanical mods, you have to be very careful. There is no protection as far as safety is concerned. You really should do some research on batteries and mechanical mods.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Okay, the Magneto is what is termed a Mechanical Mod, or Mech Mod. No electronics in it at all. Nice device, multiple battery configurations with the telescopic tube configuration it has. If the battery is about 3 inches in length, most likely it is an 18650, and many different brands of these, I'd suggest looking at AW IMR 18650, Orbrtonic, Panasonic, or even Efest from top highest to lowest. Get on google, and do a search on the brand battery you got, find its peak and sustained amp limits, go over these limits you can get in a world of trouble. While researching that you will need to find an "Ohm's Law" calculator, and read up on "Ohm's Law", especially with a Mech, Volts (Output), Amps (Current), Watts (Power and Heat), and Resistance (Ohms) all play big factors in vaping. Your coil resistance on your tank, being new you'll want to stay in the range the default coil is when buying replacements, which is in the 2.2 to 2.5 ohm range, which is right now buffering you from peak output on that battery.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge in Mechs and batteries can expand upon this better than I can.

The Protank 2, nice, and I mean really nice device, I own couple of the Protank 1 and 1 of the Protank 2. Metal and Glass, it will handle any juice you throw into it without much trouble, thicker liquids might take some adjustment and modification to the heads, but all in all, the Protanks are great performers, able to take high Volts and Watts continuously without damaging the tank, the only disposable part is the little atomizer heads that are replaceable, and the Protank 2 is completely able to be disassembled for complete cleaning. Just takes a little love and maintenance to keep it performing top notch. Get on youtube and start watching some videos on cleaning and caring for it.

Good luck on your journey to being smoke free and vape on =)

Steevo95

Sep 18, 2013
San Diego
Thanks a ton, I'm reading up on things. I most likely will try to just keep it simple as possible. I'm experimenting with different juice as of now and that's all I'm doing. I have a lot of other projects (into offroad race trucks and dirt bikes) so I most likely won't be modifying my vape or anything. The local shop I go to makes their own juice and I'm hooked on their "scarlet" flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread