I'm new, obsessed and addicted, hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

longusto

Oct 19, 2013
Brighton, UK
Greetings everyone! Just thought I would say hi. I have been browsing the forum for ages on my tablet but I had trouble posting, so now here I am in front of my iMac just posting to introduce myself!

My sister introduced me to ecigs and its been quite a couple of weeks. I have been smoking roll ups for nearly 20 years (Im 34 now) and wanted to quit. Problem is, that I love smoking and wasn't ready to stop. I bought a cheap e-cig from the local newsagent and hated it, it tasted disgusting and looked like a cigarette, which I didn't like either because I've never smoked 'proper' cigarette's - too expensive!

After speaking to my sister I went to Brightons ecig shop, The Vapour Trail (which is a part of Totally Wicked) and picked up a statrer kit, which was a 650 battery with a tank plus some liquids (they cost £5 each for liquids, but they do a 3 for 2 offer)

I really liked the sensation. I recently gave up alcohol as well and as such have quite a lot of disposable income. In the following week I bought a 1300mah Vision Spinner with a Davide Mini tank, which I think are great. Being the sort of person that I am, I quickly researched into the best that there is to offer, which is by all accounts the ProVari. I am buying one in the next couple of weeks.

Just wanted to tell my story so far, its going to be a very enjoyable journey I suspect, and I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and also thank you for all the info that I have picked up so far!

Right, I'm off to the classified section now to see if I can pick up any bargains.

Thanks for reading, much love! x :vapor:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Welcome Longusto! I too gave up the booze, many years ago. I tell people that I quit because I liked it too much. ;) I started smoking at age 12 and am now 61 (how did that happen? :blink:) I tried quitting using many of the well known methods and just couldn't do it. That is until I was introduced to vaping.

You're right, it is a very enjoyable journey!

drivesbarefoot

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Cedar Falls, Iowa USA
You sound like you are on the typical track of the enamored vapor! I'm obsessed too, it's been a little over 2 months since I started vaping and had my last nauseating analog. For me it's been much more expensive than smoking initially but I think my hardware buying is done for awhile and I'm making my own juices so that helps a lot. I started out with a cigeasy kit, two weeks later bought 3 ego twists, then bought a few more which I really didn't need and then a big collection of cartos and clearos. I had troubles with my cigeasy and ego's and then decided what the heck I'll get a provari. I love my provari but I don't regret getting the other stuff first. I still use my cigeasys when I go out and about and to test small amounts of my DIY. Although I don't drink a lot of alcohol, the drinks I was addicted to were coffee and soda... Then that just went away and I don't drink them anymore. I didn't even try or intend for that to happen and it's a mystery why that happened but it did. You may find you don't miss the alcohol at all!

Scoutk21

Oct 3, 2013
Kansas
that is so funny, it must be an all in kind of thing with addictive personalities. I should be working right now but can't stop researching but I can say that this site has saved me lots of money but yet at the same time, I am pulling out the credit card more and more online. either way, its better than smoking and chewing...was doing both. I can day I am analog and wad (never seen anyone referring to those who chewed) I wonder what you would call that...a new thread maybe?

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm a new vaper too. I followed a similar path as you... getting some cheapo ecigs, didn't really like the 7 Eleven ones, Blu was better but still not satisfying enough, then I did a ton of research here and got an EVOD BCC, a eGo Twist/protank II a few days later and most recently my VAMO V3 and I too am OBSESSED! When I went to my local B&M to get my EVOD and I pulled into the parking lot I had one real cig left... I went in and spent about an hour in the store choosing and trying liquids and what not... So I had been vaping maybe 20 minutes or so when I walked back to my car... I got in the car and was like... well? Might as well smoke this last camel wide and (hopefully) say goodbye to cigs forever. I lit it up... and it already tasted NASTY! Whatever! I smoked it anyways, and I haven't had one since... annnd I have been around smokers everyday! The thought has crossed my mind to bum a smoke from a friend but I figured why start over? I'm enjoying this TOO MUCH! Congrats and enjoy :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread