Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I think I can safely say that after 2 months vaping I'm now a non-smoker. Thought this was something I'd never be able to profess, but now I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell the whole world (or at least share it on here with my fellow vapers) :w00t:

I guess my story is pretty similar to everyone else, tried many times in the past to quit, cold turkey, patches, gum, inhalators and even champix - never lasted more than a week before. At first I wasn't to keen on the idea of vaping, after all how could a little ego battery and ce4 clearo really replace the feeling, throat hit and general sense of nicotine pleasure that I could get from my beloved analogs. How wrong I was :facepalm:

Now after many upgrades (the latest being a bottom feeder from the USA that I'm waiting on with growing anticipation), I can honestly say, hand on heart that I will never go back to stinkies again. It brought it home to me yesterday, when I guy stopped me and asked for a light. I immediately said "Sorry mate, don't smoke", like it was an involuntary action.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back, just felt like I had to share with you all how good I now feel.

A lot of my journey so far has been down to the support of family and friends and of course the wonderful people in this ECF community. To me you have all helped in some way, wether through advise or posts that I've ready so far. So instead of giving me a pat on the back, I would like you all to give yourselves a pat on the back from me :laugh:

Guess that's enough waffle for now, my nova needs topping up.

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
I think I can safely say that after 2 months vaping I'm now a non-smoker. Thought this was something I'd never be able to profess, but now I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell the whole world (or at least share it on here with my fellow vapers) :w00t:

Many congrats!!

I just passed the 3 month mark myself and it's still kind of surreal...

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
Oh yeah!, the wonderful world of virtual smoking! The other day, someone in a car stopped beside me as I was standing in the street, and handed me a small cigar and said, "here, smoke this, it's probably better than what you got." He drove off before I could reply more than a quick "thanks". Only then did I realize I didn't have anything to light it with! It was a cheap "grape" flavored cigar, it smelled nice, so I put it in the seat pack of my motorcycle to act as an air freshener!

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
Congratz OP!

Congrats, it does feel good. I remember at first when I would pick up my ego, I'd also reach for a lighter that wasn't there. I said to myself, you dumb .... Vape on.

I can relate. I frequently catch myself "cupping" the end of my eGo battery like I'm shielding it from the wind, like you do with a cigarette when you go to light it. Old habits die hard I guess.

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
Congrats. I am at the 2 week mark of non smoking, although I started vaping in March and reduced drastically until I finally quit a couple of weeks ago. They taste like crap. There's a pack in my car with three cigarettes in it that just sit there. They don't even tease me anymore, they're just there. Its a good feeling.. I gave away a few lighters to a still-smoking friend. Hopefully he'll stop too.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I think I may have to contact my "Life Insurance Provider" - see if I can get a reduction on my premiums now :laugh:

Thanks for all the congrats from everyone. It's unbelievable how friendly and helpful everyone on here seems to be.

I just hope that some newbie who's thinking about vaping might read this thread and be inspired - my way of PIF :thumbs:

Right better get selling my collection of novelty lighters on ebay now, I had about 100 at the last count - useless now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread