I'm ordering the PAX 2 device, had a couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
So, this device is a "harm reduction" device, obviously not as safe as vaping e liquid but much better than smoking. What it does is vaporize real tobacco that you insert into the PAX and heats it to a temperature low enough to not combust. My plan is to buy American Spirit light cigarettes and extract the tobacco, only using one cigarette per use. I heard this gives a cigarette "hit" more than e juice vaping does and satisfies more. The question is would extracting Newport tobacco be more carcinogenic than extracting American Spirit tobacco? I'd also almost assure that this is more addictive than vaping e juices...

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are dry herb vaporizers for tobacco, I don't know enough about them to know whether that is one.

I'd say all things being equal it is POSSIBLE that American spirit tobacco contains less ADDITIVES than newports, whether that would add up to less carcinogens being produced, I would have no idea. I don't consider those devices very far from "harm" on the harm reduction spectrum. But, do what you must, if you must.

Anna

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
There are dry herb vaporizers for tobacco, I don't know enough about them to know whether that is one.

I'd say all things being equal it is POSSIBLE that American spirit tobacco contains less ADDITIVES than newports, whether that would add up to less carcinogens being produced, I would have no idea. I don't consider those devices very far from "harm" on the harm reduction spectrum. But, do what you must, if you must.

Anna
Well, this is the closest I'll get to a real analog I guess..

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Mind recommending some good tobacco devices?
I have no idea, sorry. I smoked for 36 years (2 PAD for much of that time) and completely switched to vaping in under a week a bit more than four years ago. Being rid of the constant smoker's cough and incessant low-grade bronchitis I'd had for well over a decade has been a powerful motivator not to return to smoking cigarettes.

I have no personal experience with the Pax stuff, but my understanding is that one of the reasons Juul was spun off from Pax Labs was because everyone knows that the stuff Pax Labs makes isn't really for tobacco, and the investors who funded Juul's development, marketing, and merchandising didn't want that association...

Last edited:

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
I have no idea, sorry. I smoked for 36 years (2 PAD for much of that time) and completely switched to vaping in under a week a bit more than four years ago. Being rid of the constant smoker's cough and incessant low-grade bronchitis I'd had for well over a decade has been a powerful motivator not to return to smoking cigarettes.

I have no personal experience with the Pax stuff, but my understanding is that one of the reasons Juul was spun off from Pax Labs was because everyone knows that the stuff Pax Labs makes isn't really for tobacco and the investors who funded Juul's development, marketing, and merchandising didn't want that association...
I see, from what I understand the major killer in cigarettes is the carbon monoxide and tar.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Well, this is the closest I'll get to a real analog I guess..
Think of it another way .
If the devices you are considering were any good they would be everywhere.
Sites dedicated to the topic.
There aren't.
Perhaps you're just not ready to pack in the smoking.
There is no easy answer.
Think you're just driving yourself crazy .
Doing my head in.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Think of it another way .
If the devices you are considering were any good they would be everywhere.
Sites dedicated to the topic.
There aren't.
Perhaps you're just not ready to pack in the smoking.
There is no easy answer.
Think you're just driving yourself crazy .
Doing my head in.
not to mention sending his enabling Aunt into sure bankruptcy.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Don't buy that device.
It's just a big waste of money. I was gifted one and didn't even like it. I gave it back to the person who gave it to me because it was useless. If you're going to vape Vape/ if you're going to smoke smoke/ there is no in between. You did mention that you bought some E-liquid so what happened.?

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Hey dude bro, in many places they say that we are not telling you what to do rather we are telling you what worked for us. There are so many people on this forum that can tell you what has worked for them. I guarantee you that none of them are tobacco users rather they are vapers. Reason being because that's what worked for us after being a tobacco user, for some a very large portion of their life.

Now it's not cool to use tobacco in any form. Tobacco has claimed many lives and some people here may even have even near death stories. Stop trying to impress everybody and instead impress yourself. Buy a vape and juice and show yourself that you can be tobacco free too. It worked for us so give yourself a chance.

I started smoking at the age of 17-18. Wanna know why? I thought it was cool until I was hooked. Then after 5 years God was with me as I transitioned to vaping at such a young age. If you go down the tobacco road you may not be as lucky as me to quit at age 23. You still have the opportunity to live a long healthy life. If you absolutely have to use nicotine, just vape.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Just filled the analog "light" tobacco NET juice up in my Aspire Breeze... and oh my god does it taste like an L&M blue without the burning paper. Fresh clean cut light tobacco flavor that is just so satisfying, I even get that throat hit and toung bite that I do from a cigarette. GOODEJUICE did it with this one, will try Boba's when my tank is empty from this juice.

I might look into it in the future, for now this juice is cutting it.

What changed in 24ish hours.

Folks with 20, 30 ~ 50+ year, 1-3 packs per day cig habits successfully quit smoking using vaping & standard e liquids.
Someone with a couple year half pack a day habit can too, easily, same goes even it were 3 packs per day for a few years.

Time to get some medical / mental health professionals involved if the urge to smoke is so overwhelming it can't be controlled even when the hand to mouth aspect & nicotine desires are being met.
Thousands quit each year cold turkey.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Hey dude bro, in many places they say that we are not telling you what to do rather we are telling you what worked for us. There are so many people on this forum that can tell you what has worked for them. I guarantee you that none of them are tobacco users rather they are vapers. Reason being because that's what worked for us after being a tobacco user, for some a very large portion of their life.

Now it's not cool to use tobacco in any form. Tobacco has claimed many lives and some people here may even have even near death stories. Stop trying to impress everybody and instead impress yourself. Buy a vape and juice and show yourself that you can be tobacco free too. It worked for us so give yourself a chance.

I started smoking at the age of 17-18. Wanna know why? I thought it was cool until I was hooked. Then after 5 years God was with me as I transitioned to vaping at such a young age. If you go down the tobacco road you may not be as lucky as me to quit at age 23. You still have the opportunity to live a long healthy life. If you absolutely have to use nicotine, just vape.
Yep that's exactly why I started smoking. Just fitting in with everybody else cuz in that time. Everybody smoked. I sure am kicking myself in the .... now. I'm surprised I'm Not Dead. Vaping for me is the best thing that happened in a long time as far as tobacco and nicotine.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It is unfortunate but regular nic liquid isn’t always enough to curb the cravings. I was there several years ago. Lucky for me, I ran into Dvap on the forum and was introduced to wta. If it’s cigarette taste the OP is looking for then I doubt I can help but if it’s cravings they are fighting then I’d suggest trying some wta liquid. My saving grace was/is Swedish snus and wta when needed.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    It is unfortunate but regular nic liquid isn’t always enough to curb the cravings. I was there several years ago. Lucky for me, I ran into Dvap on the forum and was introduced to wta. If it’s cigarette taste the OP is looking for then I doubt I can help but if it’s cravings they are fighting then I’d suggest trying some wta liquid. My saving grace was/is Swedish snus and wta when needed.
    Its the taste and tobacco I crave.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread