I'm proud to vape with the smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Goole, United Kingdom
I don't care me. So they want me to vape in the smoker's area? So I do.

Imagine the faces on the smokers and the questions when I whip my nautilus/sid out and blow rings around them. What the heck is that? Where? How?
So far I've helped get 12 peeps onto vaping, 4 of them haven't smoked a ciggie in at least a month. People are asking me for info and we have a little club around here, not official more a self-help and DIY group.
The number of people that see the ego style batteries and CE4s and think that's all there is is unbelievable.

Vape with the smokers guys, it's better for them. Blowing clouds in the middle of a cafe/pub/shop is only giving us a bad name!!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Vape with the smokers guys, it's better for them. Blowing clouds in the middle of a cafe/pub/shop is only giving us a bad name!!

Training everyone that sees you that it's exactly the same as a cigarette, which is why you have to go outside with the smokers, is doing much more harm.

I don't want to go outside in the rain, or the heat. I don't want to come back inside smelling like a smoker because I was standing in the middle of a bunch of them.

It's certainly your right to do that, but you don't get to force me to do it.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I don't care me. So they want me to vape in the smoker's area? So I do.

Imagine the faces on the smokers and the questions when I whip my nautilus/sid out and blow rings around them. What the heck is that? Where? How?
So far I've helped get 12 peeps onto vaping, 4 of them haven't smoked a ciggie in at least a month. People are asking me for info and we have a little club around here, not official more a self-help and DIY group.
The number of people that see the ego style batteries and CE4s and think that's all there is is unbelievable.

At work, even though I could vape in non smoking area, I never missed a "Smoke Break" with the guys. It is a social aspect I refuse to give up. I got more smokers to try vaping as well.

h0tsh0t

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
Sorry, but I don't wish to vape with the smokers. It might seem selfish, but as a previous non-smoker (smoked for about 18 months almost 40 years ago but non-smoker since, largely because of health risks) I was pleased when (here in the UK) it was banned from restaurants etc - made eating out much more pleasurable as previously "non-smoking" areas in restaurants were a joke (smoke didn't respect the notices, drifting far and wide and triggering my asthma and leaving the horrible smell clinging to your clothes).

BUT I've recently taken up vaping and I don't think it''s a double standard to say I do wish to vape in public places and don't want to be forced out (into the rain?) to inhale harmful, smelly smoke from smokers. The reason we're all on this forum is the realisation that VAPING IS NOT SMOKING (forgive the "shouty" capitals - but that's the message the public and politicians (in particular) need to hear (and see!). I'm also convinced it's not harmful to others (if I thought/ felt otherwise I wouldn't be doing it myself!) If in a small, intimate, venue then I've occasionally (depending on the situation) asked permission of whoever is appropriate to vape (only been refused once so far and I didn't push it - accepted with good grace and went outside to my car) - but usually I just get on with it (although avoiding deliberately blowing huge plumes of vapour). I don't mean I stealth-vape - I just don't make a song and dance about it.

BTW - I find vaping zero nic (which is where I started, just for the pleasure and flavours without the associated health risks) has actually helped alleviate my asthma symptoms. I'm also, as a Crohn's/ Ulcerative Colitis (jury's out) sufferer - to the point of three major operations in the last three years - now vaping 6-12mg nicotine as this appears to have positive benefits in preventing/ reducing these symptoms also. If all else fails in getting through to the politicians, and a ban does come in, I intend to protest that it's an infringement of my human rights to deny me access to my "medicine"! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread