Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Anyone,
I've been puzzled about:

if dripping works well why is it necessary to clean the atomizer by making sure one gets rid of the excess fluid in the atomizer on a regular basis?

Why doesn't the excess liquid just produce good vapor as if one was dripping?

If you get my trend of thought I'd appreciate any ideas or explanations. Thank you.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Nerdy,

I drip quite frequently - more than I use cartridges, but I have a habit of flooding my atomizer. What I mean is I will drip all day - I do not wait for my atomizer to quit producing smoke before I drip again. When I see the smoke is not as strong I will drip again - so at night I will turn my atomizer upside down so the excess liquid will run out instead of staying in the atomizer for 8 hours with a chance of it clogging the holes of my atomizer.

I assume the quality of the e-liquid is not the best and it also needs improvement.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Thanks dnakr.

Thinking it was a good thing I've been cleaning the atomizer a couple of times a day by draining out excess eliquid.
I do that when I feel the ecig is not vaporing well.

With your explanation I see that might not be necessary but I'm still left a little confused as to why that eliquid collects during the day when I'm esmoking quite a lot on a regular basis throughout the day? In other words, why doesn't it get used up as I puff away?

BTW I haven't been dripping.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
If I understand you correctly, you are getting excess liquid from your atomizer but you are not dripping, right?

Maybe this is because you are changing your cartridges sooner than you need to. Next time before you put in a new cartridge, put a mouthpiece in and smoke until there is no more smoke, then use a new cartridge. The next time you clean your atomizer, see if you get less liquid.

I know that there is a small reservoir under the heating element that holds liquid.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
i drip 2/3 drops of pure bickfords with no issues to report so far.

dnakr -- seeing as you mostly drip, have you had any atomizer issues when just dripping? my atomizer seems to work about 10 times better dripping then it did with any cartridge, and when the smoking decreases after lets say 15-20 puffs, i know its time to give the ecig a rest. cools down, and get it going half an hour later.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
CaSHMeRe,

IMO I do not have as many problems with dripping as I do with using cartridges. Sometimes I flood my atomizer and have to blow out the excess liquid - but other than that I don't have any.

I agree the atomizers do seem to perform better by dripping, however it is inconvenient sometimes, like when your driving.

I prefer the hit I get from dripping vs. cartridges.

But I do have to say that Mel's penstyle, with a cartridge, does give me the same hit I get from dripping.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
hi guys so when you are not puffing away, how do you store the e-cig for the nite? dis assemble everything and put the atomizer-mouthpiece-side face downwards to drain any excess liquid?

Yes, I lined a little glass with a paper towel, and let it drain overnight.
The next morning there will be liquid in the paper towel.

justrubl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2008
Houston, Texas, United States
Ok I am going to sound really stupid but I am having trouble. I have been using the cart and I want to try dripping but I have tried it a couple times but I am doing something wrong. When I do I get very little smoke. I don't understand. From everything I have read you get a bigger smoke but I don't get any. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. I know there are going to be times when I will need the cart, like when I am driving, but when I am sitting at home I would like to drip but I just can't get it right.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
We'll assume you're dripping about 3 drops directly onto the atomizer, right? If that's true, and you're getting little or no vapor, well, I've had devices fail to respond as well. It as if I DROWNED them. They would fail to do much of anything until I drained out the goop and put a new cartridge in.

Yes, you can add drops and then use a cartridge, but it kind of defeats the purpose and you might well get liquid sucked into your mouth. It's overkill. Drip 3 or 4 drops (max!) and use only the mouthpiece for the next 15 or so inhalations. If you have a decent device, you should get maximum vapor.

Absolute perfection: A Janty Kissbox with a manual switch and a dripped atomizer. Hold the switch a second or two, then begin inhaling. Major vapor and taste! I'm using my own liquid and a USB cord connection at this moment to smoke the Janty as I write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread