I'm ready to throw my Silver Bullet through the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart141

Jun 11, 2013
USA
So I've had my SB since I guess maybe 2009. I recently pulled it back out, as it has been sitting dormant for a couple of years. I got an RSST, MNKE battery, kick sleeve, and Kick V2 to turn it into a beast, but now the thing rarely fires. It's driving me absolutely MAD.

The ring around the 510 connection popped out and was bad, so I replaced it with a spare o-ring I had as per an old discussion I saw on here. Didn't help at all.

The battery spring flattened out so I pulled it out and expanded it a bit. Nope.

If I fidget with the RSST a bit while it's on there, I can SOMETIMES get it to fire, but then it's loose and wobbling around. I absolutely cannot get it to fire anymore when I tighten it down, no matter how much I extend and retract the center pin. I guess it seems like the problem is 100% with the 510 connection. I'm at the point where I'd love nothing more than to just get a new top cap for the SB, if that's even possible.

Can someone PLEASE help with this?

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Thanks for the quick replies, this sounds pretty much perfect!

I sent Altsmoke an email about it last night, prior to knowing about this top cap rebuild. Hopefully I can get that done.

Now, does it matter what condition it's in? Especially since I've had it since 09 and it's not in the best condition (plus the aforementioned o-ring issue)?

About 4 months ago, my 2010 Silver Bullet (it was pretty rough) button went bad, $10.00 and 1 1/2 weeks later, I received my rebuilt SB. Pretty painless to get it fixed.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well this all sounds fantastic. The way I have it set up right now, it's actually firing. So I'll keep in touch with Altsmoke and hopefully get this thing repaired so that it doesn't keep happening!
Mine was firing, but inconsistently and the hits were weaker. If you have a back-up, send it in. No worries.

poptart141

Jun 11, 2013
USA
It's working great now, so nah, I think I'll keep it going for a while! Haha. For some reason, the button takes a more firm press for it to fire than it did before, but that's not necessarily a complaint or anything. Looks like Chad replaced the 510 connection, cleaned up the threads and applied more Noalox, maybe fiddled with the switch, and replaced the brass battery connector in the top cap with a stainless steel one or something. 6 day turnaround time though, so I'm pretty stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread