The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Im scared

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mwlm123, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mwlm123

Mwlm123 New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I got some 50 nic vape juice in my cut, it stung alot so i put rubbing alchol on it. And i am kinda dizzy idk if im trippin

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member

Jan 29, 2018
    You're good. Most likely from the alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cobra Kai
    This message by Cobra Kai has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 11, 2018, Reason: As Requested..
    Oct 8, 2018
  4. Yodara

Yodara Full Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hehehe you might want to let it soak in water 24h BEFORE usage :D. :danger:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mwlm123

Mwlm123 New Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Im good now thanks

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai Full Member

May 24, 2017
    Welcome to vaping! Anything you need, just ask! There's lots of stuff to take in at first, but this is the right place to search for any information you need.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

I see a lot of people worry about tiny amounts of the e-liquid they use spilled on them, or in this case in a wound. Nothing wrong with asking, and nothing wrong with not knowing the answer as a beginning vaper.
    But please remember, you are getting a much higher dose by vaping than anything short of a bath in nic liquid would give you.
    I get 2 or 3 drops worth of 3mg eliquid vapor in me with every puff.
    Takes time for eliquid to soak into skin. Open cut, I understand a little more paranoia, but remember, your vape is giving you more nic than that with every puff. Our lungs absorb things very quickly. Sometimes almost instantly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi Mwlm123. Welcome to the ECF.

If you have a Cut on your Finger, and need to use some Paint Thinner (or some other Strong Chemical like Bleach) to clean something, wouldn't it be a Good Idea to put on a pair of Rubber Gloves?

So with when you Splashing things around or Painting a Ceiling with a Paint Roller. Don't you put on a Pair of Safety Glasses (or even Sunglasses) so it Doesn't get in your Eyes?

Not a bad idea to use the Same Practice when working with 50mg/ml Nicotine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Good info has been given already. Just a couple friendly reminders, 1 clean up all spills with soap and water. 2 wash hands after handling any e-juice. 3 Hello and welcome to ECF, you are in the right place to ask any questions.

• Like Like x 4
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi, welcome, glad you are feeling better. Next time to bathe a cut that has received a dunking in something, hydrogen peroxide is probably a less painful way to irrigate the wound so to speak and it would probably do equally as good a job without the searing pain although hopefully from now on you can bandage them or wear gloves or whatever protective equipment you need.

Most folks when faced with something unknown especially if they worry it may harm them, get anxious. Sometimes that anxiety will result in a panic attack which would explain your symptoms of lightheadedness.

Glad you are okay, and once you know more about eliquid and how difficult it is to actually achieve enough of an exposure to really harm you, it gets easier. While your nic "sounds" high, it is not actually that high, and I'm sure it was only partially absorbed if you flooded your cut with alcohol anyway.

The types of nicotine concentrations discussed here 100 mg/ml or 10% nicotine (for DIY mixing) do not pose anything like the kind of risks that industrial strength nicotine does, and that type of nicotine requires hazmat procedures and chemical hoods and stuff but no one sane buys or uses that stuff for at home work, because it's not necessary or smart.

So I think you will remain just fine..
    Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 2
  13. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome to ecf. You will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ExtremeDooty

ExtremeDooty Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2017
    Michigan
    Welcome aboard Mwlm123. For future reference, in my experience, if you don't know that you're tripping, you're not tripping. :shock:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. stols001
    This message by stols001 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Reason: Not Appropriate.
    Oct 10, 2018
  16. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Along those lines, I used to own an aquarium shop. The lion fish was/is a staple in the marine trade, it’s a beautiful fish but has venemous spines in its dorsal fin. I was cleaning a tank one day and was being somewhat careless when I was stung on the forearm. It hurt like hell and I started having heart palpitations and couldn’t catch my breath. I was sure I was going to die.

However, the second time it happened (I was young and apparently not too bright to let it happen again but that’s a story for a different day :blush: ) it still hurt like hell but with none of the other effects. I believe the first time the effects, other than the pain, were psychological and not related to the venom however the second time when I knew that it most likely wasn’t going to kill me it was just the effect of the venom itself that I experienced. The mind can do some strange things.

Glad you’re ok :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JanTee

JanTee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes as already stated spilling the juice on you wont hurt. I do appreciate and caution however i would advise NEVER using rubbing alcohol on an open cut. Not only will it hurt like heck, having had two babies NATURALLY i can tell you rubbing alcohol on an open cut hurts waaaaaaaY WORSE. In addition, they put a bunch of stuff in rubbing alcohol for a bunch of reasons that are really not good for you so likely you dont want it in your body through an open wound. I would even suggest as it can poison and actually kill people it might have been more dangerous then the nicotene, which is actually believed by some folks to be a vitamin as it is found in many foods. So sorry you were frightened though, thats no fun for a new vaper trying to do something good for their health. Just glad you found this forum, lots of things you can learn about here so you can have fun, be safe and vape awesome! I recommend you learn about battery safety and proper maintenance, cleaning and storage of of your vape stuff as first steps then you never need to feel scared vaping again! And good on you for asking. Its always wise to seek knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey Cartel Boss ECF Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Mach GoGoGo
    When you realize it’s just a panic attack the anxiety melts away.

19. VapePro
    This message by VapePro has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:40 PM, Reason: No.
    Oct 11, 2018
  20. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Seriously?

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. stols001
    This message by stols001 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:42 PM, Reason: Not Appropriate.
    Oct 11, 2018
  22. Typeopositive

Typeopositive Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    As others have said, wearing gloves while hadling any concentrated compound is a good idea.

IMHO the biggest risk in handling the nicotine concentrations we deal with is accidential contact with a mucous membrane (mouth, eyes, nose, etc.)
    These have a lot of surface area. They also don't resist absorption like your skin does (IE: more efficient transport to bloodstream) If you accidentally dose yourself with a small amount of concentrate, you're likely going to deal with some rather unpleasant side effects.

Nicotine would probably be my last choice in looking for a "trip." I hope that was a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  23. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Rub some dirt in it and get back in the game, snowflake. :D

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
  24. VapePro

VapePro Senior Member

Sep 25, 2018
    I prefer the Magical Kingdom. I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.