• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm sitting here playing with my Fatty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I'm sitting here playing with my Fatty and thought I would share the experience with you.

Actually it is a V2 Fatty. All I had with me at work was 32g kanthal. A small amount of 3mm wick came with the V2, so I slapped together a wick & coil. Came in at 2.2 ohms. Put the volts at 4.0 & amazing vapor cloud, subtle flavor, but I think that will improve as the coil breaks in.

It is a dripping device from OKCVapors.com. I've been looking at them for awhile & decided to pull the trigger over Christmas. I really got it for tasting juices at the meetings.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Yeah, it was the working name of the REO Mini 2.0, and I guess it stuck with me. It takes an 18490 battery, holds 3ml of juice. It's the little one on the right.

The A7 doesn't fit it, but it fits great on my Grand and hits with a sweetness. No side airflow, it breathes from the bottom so it gurgles properly on a sqonk.

1sShx.jpg

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Nice, man. I got a black chrome and a silver chrome A7 last week via co-op. Have the silver one on my Reo Mini, but have to use a shorty adapter. Works great though. The black one is on my new black chrome Vamo. Looks cool. Can't wait to be rid of these stock coil/wicks so I can start experimenting. They are working too darn good right now. Almost too tall for my taste in dripper mode, but they do work well as a BF. I sure hope I can find a Chalice II someday.

Your Mini is a 18490? Is that some custom job? Mine is an 14500. I'm still kind of a Reos mods noob.

Can't wait to see it! I picked up a black A7 over the holidays that I'm hoping will arrive by the next meet. If it doesn't work well with my new 18490, it'll end up on the raffle table!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Nice, man. I got a black chrome and a silver chrome A7 last week via co-op. Have the silver one on my Reo Mini, but have to use a shorty adapter. Works great though. The black one is on my new black chrome Vamo. Looks cool. Can't wait to be rid of these stock coil/wicks so I can start experimenting. They are working too darn good right now. Almost too tall for my taste in dripper mode, but they do work well as a BF. I sure hope I can find a Chalice II someday.

Your Mini is a 18490? Is that some custom job? Mine is an 14500. I'm still kind of a Reos mods noob.

The 18490 is the next generation of Mini (now called Mini 2.0), same height but a wee fatter to hold the thicker battery. I'll be bringing it to the next meet if you'd like to check it out side-by-side with yours!

As for the A7, I'm really liking it on my Grand, I was gonna get another REOmizer to replace my traded-away Chalice, but I like having the blind squonk gurgle back (thanks to the A7's bottom-fed airway vs the REOmizer/Chalice's vented cover) so I'm keepin' this baby!

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Yeah, I'd like to see that Mini. So, was the hit too airy on the Chalice? I didn't even notice they were set up that way. I figured the incoming air is coming through the base like the A7. Hmmm, too bad I can't try one of those first. Did you have to use an adapter with the Chalice on the Mini? I don't recall.

The 18490 is the next generation of Mini (now called Mini 2.0), same height but a wee fatter to hold the thicker battery. I'll be bringing it to the next meet if you'd like to check it out side-by-side with yours!

As for the A7, I'm really liking it on my Grand, I was gonna get another REOmizer to replace my traded-away Chalice, but I like having the blind squonk gurgle back (thanks to the A7's bottom-fed airway vs the REOmizer/Chalice's vented cover) so I'm keepin' this baby!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Yeah, I'd like to see that Mini. So, was the hit too airy on the Chalice? I didn't even notice they were set up that way. I figured the incoming air is coming through the base like the A7. Hmmm, too bad I can't try one of those first. Did you have to use an adapter with the Chalice on the Mini? I don't recall.

The hit on the Chalice was great, but because of the hole in the cover, you can't tell from the draw whe the atty's primed when blind squonking. This A7 doesn't have a hole in the cover so the interruption of suction is palpable.

The Chalice won't fit the Mini without an adapter as far as I know - I traded one for the other and never had both at the same time to test.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread