• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm so happy to see this group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
oh my gosh! this is incredible! i posted to a thread asking for alternatives to PGA, and put it out there that I was a recovering alcoholic, and somebody told me about this thread! this is incredible, I can't tell you how many meetings I have been to here in orange county where nobody can understand why in the heck i would "smoke out of some sort of metal box". it's all good, and i'm looking forward to catching up on this thread!

S.D. 3/07/09

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hi mOJAVE,
I'm glad you found this group.:) It's been pretty quiet on here since I found it. :( I see you are coming up on your 2 year sobriety birthday. :2cool: I well remember my 2 year birthday. I'm at 6 and 1/2 years now. I have never used pga in my mixes for the same reasons you don't want to. I have just used straight pg and vg without anything else. I know what you mean about people wondering what we are sucking on that makes smoke. :confused: I see by your aviator that you have a box mod also. I got mine as a kit from Mad Vapes as a kit and haven't used anything else since I got it made. :vapor: I've been vaping since the first of October and been smoke free since about the middle of November. I had tried almost everything else to quit smoking, but never could till now. I hope to hear more from you again soon. :2cool::vapor:
oh my gosh! this is incredible! i posted to a thread asking for alternatives to PGA, and put it out there that I was a recovering alcoholic, and somebody told me about this thread! this is incredible, I can't tell you how many meetings I have been to here in orange county where nobody can understand why in the heck i would "smoke out of some sort of metal box". it's all good, and I'm looking forward to catching up on this thread!

S.D. 3/07/09

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
oh my gosh! this is incredible! i posted to a thread asking for alternatives to PGA, and put it out there that I was a recovering alcoholic, and somebody told me about this thread! this is incredible, I can't tell you how many meetings I have been to here in orange county where nobody can understand why in the heck i would "smoke out of some sort of metal box". it's all good, and i'm looking forward to catching up on this thread!

S.D. 3/07/09

congrats on your up-coming sobriety birthday,
i have been vaping for bout 6 mths. no ciggy's since i started.
i started to mix my own juices , so i can control whats in the juice, because some venders use alcohol base flavorings and it dosen't state it on the lable of the bottle ,.
i havent used used flavoring with alcohol.
pg and vg only
welcome to the group
i steath vape at meetings
S.D. 3-30-00

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
Hi mOJAVE,
I'm glad you found this group.:) It's been pretty quiet on here since I found it. :( I see you are coming up on your 2 year sobriety birthday. :2cool: I well remember my 2 year birthday. I'm at 6 and 1/2 years now. I have never used pga in my mixes for the same reasons you don't want to. I have just used straight pg and vg without anything else. I know what you mean about people wondering what we are sucking on that makes smoke. :confused: I see by your aviator that you have a box mod also. I got mine as a kit from Mad Vapes as a kit and haven't used anything else since I got it made. :vapor: I've been vaping since the first of October and been smoke free since about the middle of November. I had tried almost everything else to quit smoking, but never could till now. I hope to hear more from you again soon. :2cool::vapor:

cool! i'm sure if i used pga everything would be fine, i wouldn't be rocketed into craving, but i just find it silly to do something i even mildly question. i use a reo grand. it's my only PV and i wouldn't vape anything else! i put a battery in, fill the juice bottle, and i'm good all day!

funny, i get to a few meetings a week here, and i am the only one with an e-cig. i'm bringing an extra tip so other members can try vape. 6 1/2 years is a big deal. One day is a big deal. Even though there are no big deals.

Last edited:

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
congrats on your up-coming sobriety birthday,
i have been vaping for bout 6 mths. no ciggy's since i started.
i started to mix my own juices , so i can control whats in the juice, because some venders use alcohol base flavorings and it dosen't state it on the lable of the bottle ,.
i havent used used flavoring with alcohol.
pg and vg only
welcome to the group
i steath vape at meetings
S.D. 3-30-00

i hear you. be weary of the "extra throat hit", i'm getting my first order from tasty vapor today and i'm excited!

and it's not the pga in the liquid that scares me, it's my head that does. oh, having a pint of it in the house maybe deadly, because i have never had just one...

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, this is a welcome surprise! I just ordered a riva 510 and am ready to get THAT addiction off my back! It'll be nice to also be able to pop in here and get some advice/meet folks. I also found a Christian site here. Now if there's a motorcycle group also, this'll be my main website to go to.
    So, I guess the "A" in pga means alcohol added to the regular pg juice? I guess that might explain why some folks here are on their pv's day and nite. That's a shame- it's like all the stuff they put in cigs to keep you coming back!
    Well, I'll check in again later-one day at a time folks..............

Bob

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    PGA is pure grain alcohol, normally 190 proof everclear. In practical use, PGA is used at 5%, maybe 10%, maximum (too much and the liquid gets too thin for vaping).
    A full carto is 1 ml, 2ml if it is a jumbo. 10% of 1 ml is 1/300 of an ounce. Call it equivalent to 1/150 ounce of 95 proof.
    Even a heavy vaper only runs through around 5 - 6 ml in a full day (I know, I am one). That's under 1/25 of an ounce of 95 proof over a full day (> 12 hours of vaping), 1/50 of an ounce at the more normal 5% use. (And that's if you are only vaping VG juice that's cut with the maximum practical amount of PGA for thinning.)
    Factor in the amount that's exhaled back out in the vapor and I don't sweat getting drunk on my eliquid.

(I DIY my own eliquid, it isn't used so much with PG liquids but is often used with VG ones, since VG is too thick and tends to mute the throat hit. I certainly wouldn't recommend DIY with PGA for a person new in recovery; plain grocery store distilled water can also be used to thin VG. After almost 24 years I'm so dry I fart dust :) )

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    PGA is pure grain alcohol, normally 190 proof everclear. In practical use, PGA is used at 5%, maybe 10%, maximum (too much and the liquid gets too thin for vaping).
    A full carto is 1 ml, 2ml if it is a jumbo. 10% of 1 ml is 1/300 of an ounce. Call it equivalent to 1/150 ounce of 95 proof.
    Even a heavy vaper only runs through around 5 - 6 ml in a full day (I know, I am one). That's under 1/25 of an ounce of 95 proof over a full day (> 12 hours of vaping), 1/50 of an ounce at the more normal 5% use. (And that's if you are only vaping VG juice that's cut with the maximum practical amount of PGA for thinning.)
    Factor in the amount that's exhaled back out in the vapor and I don't sweat getting drunk on my eliquid.

(I DIY my own eliquid, it isn't used so much with PG liquids but is often used with VG ones, since VG is too thick and tends to mute the throat hit. I certainly wouldn't recommend DIY with PGA for a person new in recovery; plain grocery store distilled water can also be used to thin VG. After almost 24 years I'm so dry I fart dust :) )

That's pretty funny about the farting dust, I guess I do also as I have a few years on you. I don't live in fear about alcohol, but I had a pretty low "bottom" and a deep respect maybe of the damage it can do.
    I've always figured that if there's a reasonable non alcohol alternative, I'll take it. For me, I would'nt have a few ml. of grain alcohol in my house anymore than I have a quart.
    This is just my lifestyle, I certainly respect yours.

Bob

No Brag

ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2010
    Nebraska
    You are right about this group being "sooooo dead" :(MsOceanCity. I don't get on here very often either. I subscribe to it so I get notified if there is any action. This is the first in a while.:)
    How have you been? I can't believe that it has been right at 1/2 year since I've had an analog!!!:):thumbs: Then I also can't believe that on June 25th, I'll have 7 years without a drink!!!!
    Hope you had a good winter and are looking forward to a great summer.:vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread