Status
Not open for further replies.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
6v vaping is not for the meek or impatient, that's for sure. if you're using a 510 or 901, make sure you're dripping 2-4 drops, waiting 10 or 15 seconds for it to soak, then taking SHORT drags, don't hold the button down more than 2 or 3 seconds, then wait about 20 seconds, drag, wait, etc. if you don't keep it wet, and if you're dripping ON a hot atty, you're gonna burn it up.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
6v vaping is not for the meek or impatient, that's for sure. if you're using a 510 or 901, make sure you're dripping 2-4 drops, waiting 10 or 15 seconds for it to soak, then taking SHORT drags, don't hold the button down more than 2 or 3 seconds, then wait about 20 seconds, drag, wait, etc. if you don't keep it wet, and if you're dripping ON a hot atty, you're gonna burn it up.
Thats what I do, Its always wet, and as soon as it doesn't hit as well when it cooks all that juice its another couple of drops and a drop or 2 in the cart. Its always wet, and I dont drop it on the atty after I smoke it. I've went through 2 attys and the 3rd I'm using, feels like its on its way out, I'm gonna go through 4 attys in a F'ing week! This is BS!:-x

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
personally I agree with you "I cant afford to quit" between crap kits, attys, batteries and juice Ive spent a small fortune. Im tired of making others rich from my smoking habit
I feel ya, I was a hookah smoker and I only spent about 80 bucks or so a month on it. This is gonna end up costing me 200 a month easy! I could afford it, but I'll be damned if I'll pay that!:mad:

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
You can get a meter for like $10-$20... it's the only definitive way to see whether an atty's totally dead... but if you're running 6v and they're not heating up, that's a pretty solid indication... still, a meter's great for getting the final word :p
I'll get one just because, but I have a feeling these attys are D.E.A.D.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
looks like you are in MD? Is there a Harbor freight tools by you?

Maryland
GAITHERSBURG, MD 9649 LOST KNIFE RD GLEN BURNIE, MD 6320 RITCHIE HWY, STE 3 LAUREL, MD 338 DOMER AVE PARKVILLE, MD 8884 WALTHAM WOODS RD

7 Function Digital Multimeter $3.99
Lourel is the closes one I think, but thats still a 40 min drive. I'd rather go to radioshack and pay 10 and save me the hour n a half of driving there and back in marylands crappy traffic and roads. Thanks though.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
40 minutes is a bit of an exageration for Laurel from Silver Spring. Anyways, you can find a cheap one in many places.
I was thinking of something else. lol Laurel still is a 30 min drive from where I am in silver spring. Anyway, I just bought ANOTHER 4 attys, but this time I bought them through RMV instead of Nhaler (drew gave me issues when I wanted to return just 1 of the now 3 dead attys, tried making me ship it back to him then pay for shipping again to get another, thats bs, its gonna cost me more in shipping then just to buy a new atty from RMV!) Plus I heard good things about Dave from RMV so I'll give them a shot. I'm currently buying new 3.7v batteries from Battery Junction. I'm getting 2 of them. 1 to sit in the charger, and the other in my chuck. So what is the best charger to use for the 18650's? Also do I need any accessory to run my chuck at 3.7v? I can only fit 1 18650 in my chuck at a time right?

Last edited:

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Yep, one 18650.. If you get the charger at madvapes it does the little ones and the big ones, so you could use it on your 6 volt lil guys. Its like 10 bucks. Could probably find the 18650s somewhere for cheap, I've heard ebay is a good spot.
Decided to get the charger and batts from battery junction. They got 3000mah protected button top 18650's now... for like 10 bucks a pop, I got 2 of those and a charger and found a 7% off coupon code online. So ya, not bad.

So with the 4 attys and new batts and chargers, Im out almost another $80 bucks. How F'ing great!:-x

cityboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
personally I agree with you "I cant afford to quit" between crap kits, attys, batteries and juice Ive spent a small fortune. Im tired of making others rich from my smoking habit

Thats interesting - I figure with my 901, A battery / atomizer combo only needs to last 3 days ($30 smoking in NYC) to break even, and the cost of juice is worked into that.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
6v is rough to keep atty's going even by experienced users. You have to drip and keep it nice and wet and even then it definitely shortens the life span.
If your mod can handle them 18650's are really nice, a charge last's about 2 days with pretty heavy use ( I used a prodigy v1) Freshly charged they come in a bit higher than 3.7v so they are pretty satisfying and most importantly much easier on the atty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread