Status
Not open for further replies.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
Noob reporting for duty.

As I (now) know, damn near everyone starts with that terrible excuse for a product called Blu...guilty :facepalm: But hey, I hadn't found ECF before ordering! I did a little research prior, but obviously not enough. Somehow, the disposable Blu I bought at Walgreens to try it out was superior in every way to their starter kits.

So I got my Blu BS and started using it while still having the occasional analog since I still had half a pack left. 2 days later the pack was gone and I was vaping exclusively...this will have turned out to be a mistake. I wasn't unhappy with the flavors I got, but I did notice that the cartos produced vapor very inconsistently, the batteries were kinda crap and the cartos did not last as expected or with any kind of uniformity.

So, 48 hours of no analogs rolls around and I'm having a frustrating day at work. I drive a garbage truck alone in some back country areas miles from any sort of store. Things weren't working right and I became frustrated which is not uncommon. What WAS uncommon is that it got progressively worse and worse. The frustration would lead to mistakes which would lead to more frustration...until it all came to a head and I snapped. Glad I work alone to say the least. Anyone who has quit cold turkey knows those symptoms. Nicotine withdrawal which is why I would never ever try to quit in the middle of a work week and honestly, I didn't think I was. When I realized just what was happening and that I had spent good money on a product that wasn't working right and not delivering that 16mg nic (if there was even any in there at all...), I did what any completely irrational nic fitter would do: I smashed the product on the ground and threw the pieces in my trash truck! :evil: Not one of my finer moments for sure lol. I immediately stopped what I was doing and drove the 5 miles to the nearest gas station to by some coffin nails. It only took 1 for my entire mood to change. I debated abandoning the whole e-cig concept entirely. But instead I did more research and found ECF...wish I had sooner!

I'll come back later when I have more time and talk about the next most predictable move (eGo style duh) :p

Just wanted to say hi and share another of many stories of dissatisfied Blucig customers.

Last edited:

NeoLythic

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
CA
First, welcome to the forum!

Second, and I'm sure others can relate, I can honestly say I know how you felt. My first e-cig became hammer fodder within three days (which unfortunately was witnessed *sigh*. )

Its amazing how insidious the grab nicotine has. Sorry you ended up with a kit that didn't work for you!

I'm currently back on the e-cig using the Greensmartliving. Not the greatest but better than the junk I bought at Circle K.

Hang in there!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Sorry to hear about the experience, but yes the Blu does suck. And your not the first person Ive heard say the Blu disposible was alot better than the actual Blu starter kit. (I wonder if they do that on purpose?)

Your def making the right decision to stick with it and get a better PV.

The eGos are a nice PV and alot of people like them. I would also check out the kGo, E-Power, and Riva though too. The eGo is only 3.3-3.4V while the other 3 are 3.7V PVs. The 3.7V PVs give alittle better vape and handle the lower resistance cartos alot better. (Real low ohms like 1.5 and 1.7ohm can potentially fry an eGo)
The kGo, Riva, and E-Power are all similar in size and price to the eGo and personally I think perform noticably better.
I use an E-Power and love it. The main difference is it uses non-proprietary batteries instead and everything is replaceable on it so its much cheaper to maintain. E-power batts cost $4-5 compared to eGo/Riva/kGo batts that are $14-20. The batteries are 1050mah and I avg a day to a day and a half on one battery, and since their non-proprietary its easy to carry a spare and if needed unscrew the switch and pop in a fresh battery.
The kGo is really nice though too even though its a proprietary battery PV. The batteries are 1100mah and last a long time to and It gives a great vape.
Try some "Ressurector" cartomizers(Smoktech 1.7ohm LR XL cartos) with any of the 3.7V PVs and youll be MUCH happier than you ever were with the Blu. It really is a night and day difference. And down the line you can use a carto tank and paired with something like a kGo or E-Power battery you can have all day maintance free vaping.

Goodluck!

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
The one thing I learned very quickly is you're only as happy as your vape. My mood would swing wildly based on how well my e-cig was choosing to work that day. My 510-t started out great, then every second hit would be plastic. I had to trouble shoot, and, found that the tank system is unrefined. I would have to drip until I got cartomizers. The day I first got my 510-t, everything was great, day 2 I was soooooooooo ....... When I got the cartos I was on top of the world. When I almost ran out of juice, I was scared and irritable. Being able to walk down the street and buy something we would indeed enjoy to vape is a luxury few of us have. The sooner and quicker you find something that satisfies, the better you will feel. Your mood is tied completely to your vaping situation, especially in the beginning. The only answer is to quickly have a stockpile of hardware and wetware you enjoy. Then from there I consider each new flavour that I'm waiting to try or a new mod as incentives. I get really excited when I know in a few days I'll have a totally new juice to try. And when I find that juice that is better then anything I've vaped thus far, I'm happy as a clam. The beauty of the vaping world is maybe tomorrow you'll find another juice or something that tops it. But this motivation for me is born out of a fear of knowing that if I don't maintain a nicotine security, I WILL go hulk on anything and anyone. You think you might have acted poorly, I think you acted quite understandably. But now you know both the reason and the solution and that's how you keep it in check. Once you have what you need to feel secure, you'll wish everything in life could be solved as easily as vaping :D

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
Well, got dinner out of the way, so a bit more time to thank everyone who's responded so far :)

Sorry to hear of another dissatisfied Blu user. I never had one...was lucky enough to have a co-worker get me on the Joye 510 when I first started but quickly upgraded to the eGo. I was a lot happier when the eGo kits came. I'm sure you will be also.

I definitely think I will be, but I'm not going to make the same mistake twice and intend to keep a pack of analogs around for at least a little while just in case. Nicotine is such a .....! If only my buddy had said "NO!" when I asked him if I could try one of his cigs 7 years ago.

Serpent67

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Smoky Mountains
Noob reporting for duty.

As I (now) know, damn near everyone starts with that terrible excuse for a product called Blu...guilty :facepalm: But hey, I hadn't found ECF before ordering! I did a little research prior, but obviously not enough. Somehow, the disposable Blu I bought at Walgreens to try it out was superior in every way to their starter kits.

So I got my Blu BS and started using it while still having the occasional analog since I still had half a pack left. 2 days later the pack was gone and I was vaping exclusively...this will have turned out to be a mistake. I wasn't unhappy with the flavors I got, but I did notice that the cartos produced vapor very inconsistently, the batteries were kinda crap and the cartos did not last as expected or with any kind of uniformity.

So, 48 hours of no analogs rolls around and I'm having a frustrating day at work. I drive a garbage truck alone in some back country areas miles from any sort of store. Things weren't working right and I became frustrated which is not uncommon. What WAS uncommon is that it got progressively worse and worse. The frustration would lead to mistakes which would lead to more frustration...until it all came to a head and I snapped. Glad I work alone to say the least. Anyone who has quit cold turkey knows those symptoms. Nicotine withdrawal which is why I would never ever try to quit in the middle of a work week and honestly, I didn't think I was. When I realized just what was happening and that I had spent good money on a product that wasn't working right and not delivering that 16mg nic (if there was even any in there at all...), I did what any completely irrational nic fitter would do: I smashed the product on the ground and threw the pieces in my trash truck! :evil: Not one of my finer moments for sure lol. I immediately stopped what I was doing and drove the 5 miles to the nearest gas station to by some coffin nails. It only took 1 for my entire mood to change. I debated abandoning the whole e-cig concept entirely. But instead I did more research and found ECF...wish I had sooner!

I'll come back later when I have more time and talk about the next most predictable move (eGo style duh) :p

Just wanted to say hi and share another of many stories of dissatisfied Blucig customers.

Don't feel bad. I shot a crap Double coil out of my shotgun. I have no patience with junk when I'm jonesing for nic.

I see you have NWI listed. If you are in Indiana, send me a pm. I can guide you thru the crap out there and suggest some systems that will work and help get you steady vaping. :)

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
It appears the OP is determined to make e-cigs work, and determination is often what carries the day.

Thing is, when I hear a story like this (and there are many) I have to wonder how many are not so determined, and just give up. We generally don't hear/read those stories.

Agreed. From my first POS M401 I could see the possibilities, if I could just find something that worked! I'm so glad I kept at it.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
It appears the OP is determined to make e-cigs work, and determination is often what carries the day.

Thing is, when I hear a story like this (and there are many) I have to wonder how many are not so determined, and just give up. We generally don't hear/read those stories.

I'm sure there are tons of people who tried a crappy e-cig and just gave up. But I am absolutely determined to kick the analog habit for good. And maybe one day be completely free of nic.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
try the 3VO Starter kit with some dual coils! you wont regret it.

Haha...I think I'm gonna take it a little slower than hopping straight into a vv mod, but bookmarked for sure :) Putting together a post of what I've got on the way now. It's basically a 'round the world tour of different nic strength/flavor, delivery systems, batts and styles.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sure there are tons of people who tried a crappy e-cig and just gave up. But I am absolutely determined to kick the analog habit for good. And maybe one day be completely free of nic.

I learned this from yo-yoing, and ping-pong (asian)...There is the stuff you can buy in the day to day consumer world, and that stuff is generally crap...But with almost everything, there is always the group of people who take it to far. Take vaping too far...it is sooooooooo worth it :D:D:D:D

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
Don't feel bad. I shot a crap Double coil out of my shotgun. I have no patience with junk when I'm jonesing for nic.

I see you have NWI listed. If you are in Indiana, send me a pm. I can guide you thru the crap out there and suggest some systems that will work and help get you steady vaping. :)

Awesome! Shotgun is way more dramatic.

Yup, I'm a region rat. I have hardware on the way now, but I'll definitely hit you up when I'm ready to up the ante.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
So, on to the next most predictable step:

I watched a bunch of review videos by FieldOfVapor and settled on an eGo style pv. But which one? Well, I ride motocross in my spare time. The rule is that if you can't go fast, you have to look fast. My bikes look REALLY fast :2cool: So we add all that bling that doesn't do a thing but look nice. I watched the review of the Volcano Inferno...in anodized red...and had to have it lol

From them I ordered: Inferno starter kit (drip tip...in anodized red duh), some pre-filled cartomizers, refillable mega cartomizers and a few different strength/flavors liquids.

But I also wanted to try the smaller, more transportable style. So from PEC I ordered 510 batt, PCC, clearomizer, another pack of cartos and a sample pack of their liquids. My research showed that the eGo style is 510 compatible which works perfectly.

The Inferno arrives tomorrow and the PEC order should be in shortly thereafter :D

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
So, on to the next most predictable step:

I watched a bunch of review videos by FieldOfVapor and settled on an eGo style pv. But which one? Well, I ride motocross in my spare time. The rule is that if you can't go fast, you have to look fast. My bikes look REALLY fast :2cool: So we add all that bling that doesn't do a thing but look nice. I watched the review of the Volcano Inferno...in anodized red...and had to have it lol

From them I ordered: Inferno starter kit (drip tip...in anodized red duh), some pre-filled cartomizers, refillable mega cartomizers and a few different strength/flavors liquids.

But I also wanted to try the smaller, more transportable style. So from PEC I ordered 510 batt, PCC, clearomizer, another pack of cartos and a sample pack of their liquids. My research showed that the eGo style is 510 compatible which works perfectly.

The Inferno arrives tomorrow and the PEC order should be in shortly thereafter :D

Are you of the flame decals make the car go faster variety?:p....how do you feel about the stick on "carbon fibre" hood scoops they sell at wal-mart?

I only ask because my honda civic has both, and when I top out at 55km, I never even see them other cars in my rear-views, cause of how fast I'm goin :D

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I almost picked up a Blu disposable but my wife wisely said "Don't you have something coming in the mail? Why not just wait?" Glad I didn't give them any cash.

I've been to a local Volcano store and had a fantastic experience. As an Ego-compatible, I think the Inferno will serve you well. Great vapor and battery life.

I'll recommend some Boge 510 LR cartomizers for that thing, too, when you need more cartos. The ones you have should do great to start you off, I just find the Boges have more vapor.

As far as quitting analogs, I just recently tapered to zero over a week and had some crazy withdrawl symptoms, glad I didn't try to go cold turkey.

pumasforpets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
NWI
Are you of the flame decals make the car go faster variety?:p....how do you feel about the stick on "carbon fibre" hood scoops they sell at wal-mart?

I only ask because my honda civic has both, and when I top out at 55km, I never even see them other cars in my rear-views, cause of how fast I'm goin :D

I'm this type

hurricane.jpg

Carbon fiber, custom body panels, custom radiator hoses, lots of anodized aluminum, shiny as hell pipe, etc :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread