I'm using Kayfun Lite V2 Clone, wtith Tobacco flavour from Joytech and I'm getting no vapor - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVP

Oct 17, 2014
Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul
Here's some pics of my coil:

20141030_110052.jpg

20141030_110858.jpg

20141030_111906.jpg

20141030_112145.jpg

Is my coil ok?

I tried with my DIY juice 20/80 PG/VG based, even 10/90. I got more vapor from joyetech, wich is 80/20 PG/VG ratio and got more vapor from that. I just don't get it.
Now that i changed batteries from a Samsung 2600 mAh to an AW 700 IMR and it seemed to have more power than the Samsung and the AW 18650 IMR TOGETHER (dont ask me why). The problem with smoking(not "smoking", damn. VAPING) the Joyethech is that it's 16mg nic, and makes me sick and nauseated. Anyway, now i guess i did a good coil, but with DIY juices I'm getting no vapor. What do I need to put in the juice to get vapor, beside the VG?
I would you guys give me some opinios.
Wich of these brands make more vapor:

- Five Pawns
- Halo Cigs
- Totallywicked

I would like so much your ECF guys review in here, just about these three, becouse this is the only three ones importeds that i can buy in authorized dealers in Brazil. The other American marks don't export.

Well, that's it, my friend's. Now i Have to take a visit to the doctor. Wish me well, please.

Thanks for anyone whose interested for this topic and read for all my bull**** .

And have a good day for everyone, besides anything, interested or not.:p

Hugs from Brazil!

Good afternoon!

Last edited:

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
80 vg 20pg may be a little too thick. Although, I've used that ratio with my kayfuns and I haven't had any problems.

In the 2nd picture your coil looks like it's wayyyy too high. Too far from the air hole. You wan't it ~2mm off the air hole.

Here check this out. It's the best Kayfun build IMO.... Re-wicking my Kayfun for optimal performance - YouTube

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
So, are you saying that it is working but not producing enough vapor?

There is nothing needed in ejuice for vapor except VG. But at 20/80, the Kayfun may not be able to wick that thick liquid fast enough. Try 40/60 and see what happens.

Also, does that have adjustable airflow screw? If so, play with the air flow to see if that helps.

rdnallday

Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC,Canada
I agree with the coil height, should prob be down further, second on the adjustable airflow screw. May be in too far. I shaved mine down to just a nub and put it back in to just to fill the hole. I also chamfered the holes in the pin, the deck, and a light chamfer on the side airhole at the base. Vapes like a dream.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
The Kayfun will produce a nice vapor cloud, but it ain't for cloud chasing, if that's your goal.
On your coil, very nice, but too high above the air hole (2mm). Tails too long, will most likely short when the chimney base is installed.
If you are using 16mg in a clearo then in the Kayfun the nic should be approximately half of that. My 18mg ADV knocks my sox off. So, I had to mix it 50/50 with 0mg nic.
On your battery issue, what is the resistance of your coil? Note: If Your Samsung Battery is an ICR18650-26F it's not suitable for vaping.
What are you using for a wick?
Are you getting dry hits?
Are you taking a primer puff before you vape?

CloudKick

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2014
San Clemente, CA
This must be a wicking issue. Either you need to experiment with your cotton or wick material a bit, or your juice is just too thick. Keep your cotton just thick enough for your resistance. At a super low resistance (.3 and below), your cotton will collapse if its not thick enough. On the other hand, at higher resistances you'll want your cotton light and fluffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread