I'm Wanting to Be Verified...BUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I'm sure this is in the wrong section, but there's so many Sub Forums on here, I never know where to post just General ??

Anyhow, my husband and I share an email address...always have for over 10 years. Well, way back in the day, he shopped on Ebay and HE opened a Paypal Account in his name...using our email address. I logged into the PayPal account trying to find a way to add my name, or even change the account name, since he never uses it anymore, but it won't let me. I know I could set up my own PayPal account...but then I'd have to create a new email address...then that new email address wouldn't match the email address here on ECF.

Paypal is the only way that I know of the be Verified. I know there's other ways..but I don't shop ebay, so no account there...don't know anyone well enough on here for them to "Vouch" for me..and I have no idea what that one website is all about...the other option to be verified.

Does anyone know of a way for me to add my name to our PayPal account??

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I think it would be easer to change your ECF email address. You can do this by going to Settings (tab at top of forum page) and on the left under "My Settings" it says Edit email and password.
You could get a free gmail account and use that.
Then open your own paypal account with that as your email address also.
That way the email address will match with your ECF account.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I'm sure this is in the wrong section, but there's so many Sub Forums on here, I never know where to post just General ??

Anyhow, my husband and I share an email address...always have for over 10 years. Well, way back in the day, he shopped on Ebay and HE opened a Paypal Account in his name...using our email address. I logged into the PayPal account trying to find a way to add my name, or even change the account name, since he never uses it anymore, but it won't let me. I know I could set up my own PayPal account...but then I'd have to create a new email address...then that new email address wouldn't match the email address here on ECF.

Paypal is the only way that I know of the be Verified. I know there's other ways..but I don't shop ebay, so no account there...don't know anyone well enough on here for them to "Vouch" for me..and I have no idea what that one website is all about...the other option to be verified.

Does anyone know of a way for me to add my name to our PayPal account??

It sounds like the sort of thing I suspect Joker would permit a change of email address for. Contact Joker with this explanation. I am not his spokesperson by any stretch, but it seems like a reasonable explanation, and I have always found him to be a reasonable (if at times blunt) person.

Then you will set up a new paypal account, link it to your bank account to get it verified, and go through the standard procedure. Getting verified is worth the work involved. Good luck!

EDIT: The above method kiwivape describes is probably easier than what I just described. Joker may contact you when reviewing your application if he notices the email change, be prepared to explain just like you did here.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
my wife and I share a paypal acct. and yes, it's easy to add another name to it. We Also shared an e-mail for a long time, but I made another for myself for facebook several years ago. I gotverified through paypal, so it shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and let me tell you, she LOVES it when my vape mail comes in addressed to her (She doesn't vape).

EDIT: I just check and I guess what I did was to add another EMAIL ADDRESS to the account, and then add a second MAILING ADDRESS as well with my name on it. you do it in the profile info link on your paypal acct page. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
my wife and I share a paypal acct. and yes, it's easy to add another name to it. We Also shared an e-mail for a long time, but I made another for myself for facebook several years ago. I gotverified through paypal, so it shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and let me tell you, she LOVES it when my vape mail comes in addressed to her (She doesn't vape).

Well, I just set up a new PayPal Account along with a new email...but how in the world did you add a name to your Paypal account??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread