I'm worried, is it safe to vape this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
Hi!

Yesterday I made e-juice and one batch was quite different than the other.
Both are 72ml bottles. On the right is apple and on the left is cheery one that I made. But the left bottle turned out to be different.

It seems that the left bottle holds something on top, could it be the 10ml cheery concentrate? I'm really unsure what is and if it's safe to vape... Can anybody help me out here? Plus the left bottle is a little bit blurry than the other. First I thought I needed to steep it a little longer but after 24+ hours nothing changed.

NFr15Iu.jpg

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I use "old" flavorings sometimes. No biggie. I've never seen shaken mixes separate to THAT degree. It's usually due to thick VG settling to the bottom. Your pic doesn't look like what Ive experienced.

Try a tiny drop off the tip of your finger after shaking the suspect bottles. Does it taste correct? I assume one drop consumed lingually won't hurt.

Reactions: Smoz3

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I do not want to speculate but that does not look normal to me. If you gave it a good shake, it should not separate like that. Alp Liq claims to use flavours from Mane, never heard of the company. But looking on their website they do not provide information as to the composition of their flavours. Perhaps rules differ in Europe, but they should provide you with the flavour composition if you request it. Perhaps reach out to Mane and ask what is inside their Cherry flavouring and inquire why your mix is separating.

MANE Flavor & Fragrance Manufacturer

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I had a lemonade flavor do this once. It looked exactly like the one in your pic. It was before I started DIY and I got it from a local shop. No matter how much you shake it, it would separate back out in an hour or two. I didn't vape any and just tossed it. If you are wanting to figure out what is happening, I would follow what @Punk In Drublic recommended above.

Reactions: Smoz3

Smoz3

Mar 21, 2019
I use "old" flavorings sometimes. No biggie. I've never seen shaken mixes separate to THAT degree. It's usually due to thick VG settling to the bottom. Your pic doesn't look like what Ive experienced.

Try a tiny drop off the tip of your finger after shaking the suspect bottles. Does it taste correct? I assume one drop consumed lingually won't hurt.

Tasted one tiny drop and it feels awful. Something like menthol, (my tongue can't take it) doesn't even taste like cherry. o.0 Jesus
I had a lemonade flavor do this once. It looked exactly like the one in your pic. It was before I started DIY and I got it from a local shop. No matter how much you shake it, it would separate back out in an hour or two. I didn't vape any and just tossed it. If you are wanting to figure out what is happening, I would follow what @Punk In Drublic recommended above.

Yeah, looks like I'm throwing it away, rip 72ml, oh well... I guess I'll live with that. Plus It shows kind of a rainbow color/hard to see through the bottle and some bubbles between the top 10ml liquid, weird.

Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The expiry date for these concentrates were 01/2020 but the e-juice shop seller told me its oke to mix them.

While it might be OK to use well past the date, there's no reason to buy already out of date flavorings and the vape shop should not have even sold it to you. I hope it was a least 90% off on clearance.

Tasted one tiny drop and it feels awful. Something like menthol, (my tongue can't take it) doesn't even taste like cherry. o.0 Jesus

Maybe it was the bottle's fault. Some residue of something inside the bottle?

Did you get these bottles from the same place you bought the flavoring?

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Yeah, if it tastes nothing like you expected and it's showing some odd behavior, I say tossing it is the best bet.

My advice is to stay away from the vendor you bought the supplies from. Seems sketchy to me that what you bought did this. Plenty of verified flavor manufacturers and vendors. Due diligence will prevail.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Hmmm....separation like that, odd "rainbow" colors. Sounds like some kind of oil on top. Yes, rip 72ml sounds like the safest choice.

And yes, UncleJ is right...I know most expiration dates on things are just guesses, and are required by law for many products so they have to put something on there. But they definitely shouldn't sell you out of date product without at least letting you know so you can make the choice. I don't believe being out of date has anything to do with the separation, by the way. If it separates that quickly, it'd do it in your tank too, and you'd be vaping one of the components more concentrated than you mean to.

I've always tasted any new flavor on my tongue before vaping, too. Not sure why, but I do.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Hmmm....separation like that, odd "rainbow" colors. Sounds like some kind of oil on top. Yes, rip 72ml sounds like the safest choice.

And yes, UncleJ is right...I know most expiration dates on things are just guesses, and are required by law for many products so they have to put something on there. But they definitely shouldn't sell you out of date product without at least letting you know so you can make the choice. I don't believe being out of date has anything to do with the separation, by the way. If it separates that quickly, it'd do it in your tank too, and you'd be vaping one of the components more concentrated than you mean to.

I've always tasted any new flavor on my tongue before vaping, too. Not sure why, but I do.

Separation makes me think oil too.
    Not a thing you want to vape.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread