Images on the SuperT site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
A little off topic from the usual discussion in the subforum, but I've noticed that the SuperT site is slow to load, and consumes a lot of memory to view, and is generally sluggish. I looked into why a little bit and discovered that the images on the site are very very large. Much larger than is needed. They're really hurting the performance of the site.

David, it would be good to shrink the jpegs down to more reasonable sizes. The site would be much more responsive if you did so.

Smaller images would...
* use much less memory
* download much faster
* paint much faster
* be more http cacheable (they're currently larger than most caches will allow)

For example, the 18650 battery pic on the site is 4000 x 3000 pixels. For comparison, a typical computer monitor screen size is 1280 x 1024 pixels. Rendering a 4000 x 3000 picture takes a lot of memory. It's being displayed on the page with only 240 pixels in width, but the browser is working very very hard to produce that reduced size image out of the 4000 pixel wide source.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
thats some good info to know...funny thing is, it doesn't load slow for me nor do the pictures load as big pictures (physically on the screen at any rate). That is why i never suspected anything was wrong.

Good to know, i'll take a look into it. I suspect it's because i loaded really hi res pictures up onto the sites photo clipboard.

David

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
thats some good info to know...funny thing is, it doesn't load slow for me nor do the pictures load as big pictures (physically on the screen at any rate). That is why i never suspected anything was wrong.

Good to know, i'll take a look into it. I suspect it's because i loaded really hi res pictures up onto the sites photo clipboard.

David

One way of getting it down...is first turning it into a JPG. The picture will look nice... there are several other ways of loading the picture as well like through javascript and HTML 5.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Your pictures have never been 'too big' before. Something just got goofed up lately I suppose. Tonight the photos on your site are a normal size but loading very slowly, that's all. Dealing with pictures on the Net is a pain, that's the long and short of it. :)

Edit: I just went to another page on the ECF and the pictures of this guy's ecig were huge but resized slowly to normal. I remember this happening a week or two ago several times while surfing the ECF forum, so could all this maybe just be an ECF site problem?

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I appreciate it, i'll make sure to go through and reload smaller images on there:)

Cool, thanx!

Even my super-computer at work was kind of stressed dealing with the Precise page. At some point the browser was using in excess of 500M when rendering that page. That's more memory than my personal computer at home has in it.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Your pictures have never been 'too big' before. Something just got goofed up lately I suppose. Tonight the photos on your site are a normal size but loading very slowly, that's all. Dealing with pictures on the Net is a pain, that's the long and short of it. :)

Edit: I just went to another page on the ECF and the pictures of this guy's ecig were huge but resized slowly to normal. I remember this happening a week or two ago several times while surfing the ECF forum, so could all this maybe just be an ECF site problem?
Pictures need to be resized to 640-480 for internet use. Resizing to 1024 by X is more than sufficient, and no it is not an ECF problem. The pictures that re-size here is a forum function, but I am surprised folks can actually upload them.

Reviving an old thread....

Are the hi res pics still available on the site? I currently have the P+ 500 and 350 pic as my wallpaper but it's kinda small on a 1440x900 screen resolution. If I stretch it to fit the screen, it's get a bit pixelized.
I'm having a hard time restraining myself to get a P+500 since I just got my first mod (a ProVari) 5 days ago.:laugh:
Thanks.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Reviving an old thread....

Are the hi res pics still available on the site? I currently have the P+ 500 and 350 pic as my wallpaper but it's kinda small on a 1440x900 screen resolution. If I stretch it to fit the screen, it's get a bit pixelized.
I'm having a hard time restraining myself to get a P+500 since I just got my first mod (a ProVari) 5 days ago.:laugh:
Thanks.

Hi AllanRR! Yeah, i've been resizing them a bit smaller to load faster and are the higest resolution ones i have unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread