Important: If you're canadian (or not), there's a poll that you have to see today (24th of May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It appears the poll is now closed. Final tally:
Yes 6453 (64 %)
No 3676 (36 %)
While checking the results of the poll, I noticed a link to this article:
E-cigarettes disappoint in a workplace quit-smoking study

That's a sad article really. And I question the truth of it.

I would say just throwing vaping equipment at smokers isn't helpful because first you need someone to desire to quit - but truthfully I don't think that's necessarily true.

Case in point - we have a new boy doing our lawn. (Hes in his early 30's but that's my sons age so he's a boy to me.. anyhoo..) I saw him smoking on a break one day about two weeks ago.

Since he was on a break I went and chitchated about vaping.. come to find he was misinformed about vaping, so i educated him further showing him how it's not dangerous but in fact much healthier than traditional tobacco.

So he was interested after I told him my story and I proceeded to go in the house and get him squared away with batteries, a mod, a tank and ejuice.. the onky thing he had to buy was a charger, but those i figured he could buy himself from the local vape shop... and i told him where it was..

So anyway I'm making him ejuice too (free) as he likes dessert flavors and so did I plus he hardly charges to do the lawn so I'm happy to do something for him that's a benefit..

So, i was talking to him this morning and since I got him set up on vaping he's not completely quit yet but he's only gone through a pack and a half in the last two weeks instead of the amount he normally would have consumed, which would have been a carton by now. (He wasn't a terribly heavy smoker)

That is definitely a net win, especially since he didn't want nicotine ejuice... (he figured he wasn't as addicted as all that.. that it was more the social aspect and the hand to mouth habit for him, so I've got him on 0 for now but ready to increase it at any point he thinks he needs)

But here's the thing, with support, good equipment, and proper education ANYONE can quit, even if they weren't planning on it, and the lawn person is proof.. he was all excited this morning talking about how he's quitting smoking and how he's saving money and and and.. all from a person who told me they were afraid of vaping two weeks ago...

So, somehow I think those results are somehow skewed..

Last edited:

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
That's a sad article really. And I question the truth of it.

I would say just throwing vaping equipment at smokers isn't helpful because first you need someone to desire to quit - but truthfully I don't think that's necessarily true.

Case in point - we have a new boy doing our lawn. (Hes in his early 30's but that's my sons age so he's a boy to me.. anyhoo..) I saw him smoking on a break one day about two weeks ago.

Since he was on a break I went and chitchated about vaping.. come to find he was misinformed about vaping, so i educated him further showing him how it's not dangerous but in fact much healthier than traditional tobacco.

So he was interested after I told him my story and I proceeded to go in the house and get him squared away with batteries, a mod, a tank and ejuice.. the onky thing he had to buy was a charger, but those i figured he could buy himself from the local vape shop... and i told him where it was..

So anyway I'm making him ejuice too (free) as he likes dessert flavors and so did I plus he hardly charges to do the lawn so I'm happy to do something for him that's a benefit..

So, i was talking to him this morning and since I got him set up on vaping he's not completely quit yet but he's only gone through a pack and a half in the last two weeks instead of the amount he normally would have consumed, which would have been a carton by now. (He wasn't a terribly heavy smoker)

That is definitely a net win, especially since he didn't want nicotine ejuice... (he figured he wasn't as addicted as all that.. that it was more the social aspect and the hand to mouth habit for him, so I've got him on 0 for now but ready to increase it at any point he thinks he needs)

But here's the thing, with support, good equipment, and proper education ANYONE can quit, even if they weren't planning on it, and the lawn person is proof.. he was all excited this morning talking about how he's quitting smoking and how he's saving money and and and.. all from a person who told me they were afraid of vaping two weeks ago...

So, somehow I think those results are somehow skewed..

As a kid my mother would refer to the owner of the local garage as a boy.
When I queried this she would say the same. He's a boy to me.
One day he came up in conversation and again she referred to him as a lovely boy.
Mum the guys over sixty , when are you going to stop calling him boy , I enquired .
He'll always be a boy to me.
So there it is.
Hes in his early 30's but that's my sons age so he's a boy to me.. anyhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread