The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

improved skin and/or weight loss

Discussion in 'The Women's Room' started by hottierockstar, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hottierockstar

hottierockstar Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    hello :)
    for those of you that previously smoked and exclusively vape.... have you noticed a significant improvement in your skin or any weight loss/less bloat since quitting?

i am hopeful for the possibility of better skin and i think i have lost weight/inflammation without even trying....maybe a chem in the analogs was keeping me feeling a little chubbers?

2. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Hi hottierockstar- welcome :)

I've been vaping exclusively for more than 3 years. I haven't noticed any major changes in either skin or weight. well, my skin may be a little less gray now, and I count not gaining weight as a pretty big win :) My breathing, sense of smell and circulation have all improved.

3. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    doggies! (i am easily distracted)

everyone just keeps saying "oh your skin is going to change dramatically"...it's pretty good as is but a girl can always hope LOL

4. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    I haven't noticed any skin changes...and gaining weight is what I have always done, but I have lost the yellow streak in my grey (and some silver) hair :)

5. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    holy smokes i am a total newbie and your signature couldn't be more true LOL

6. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    hoarding e-cig stuff isn't a horrible idea - that way you always have backups

(your pup is a cutie :) )

7. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california

i have a shopping cart that is full of hardware backups...i've spent money on juice more than anything as of late....only been vaping like 10 days LOL
    i am *trying* to wait until i break even....analog money saved versus vaping money spent....i don't think that is gonna happen but it sounds like a solid "idea" LOL

brody on the left, daisy on the right :) (i don't have human children so i brag on my furkids LOL)
    [​IMG]

8. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awwwh! Cute doggies. Here's my lil monster Prince.
    View attachment 199979

Now to your question lol! I haven't gained any weight. I've actually lost a couple of pounds. I wonder if its from vaping all of these yummy flavors. When I first started I broke out. I think I read somewhere about vaping zits as a side effect from switching. Since then my skin is clearer but I attribute that to being forced to drink more water & less coca-cola! Yes I'm addicted to caffeine too! But since I now have to drink more water I can tell a difference.

9. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
  10. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Colorado
    love the babies they so cute and huggable :) I've had clear skin, saw my biggest result when I got brave enough after 3 years of vaping to get a light daily peel to exfoliate my skin.. helped to lesson all the fine smoke lines around my mouth and also using a micro current tool.. Still my age lol.. did take the roughness off it for positive results.. Weight loss, vaping I didn't gain, and I felt better over time to do more to get back into shape. Broke even after the first year settled into my favorite e cig, had a great vender and had found the perfect go to flavor.. and don't vape as much only when I am at the computer now.. everything else is 100% hands free... You so got this too !!!!

11. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    great!
    some might call me an over thinker but i like to say that i am curious and like to consider all possibilities :)
    like i wonder if mouth lines come from the physical act of smoking/vaping or the chemmies in the analogs or both?

12. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    and...i am thinking there are things in analogs that have been messing with my hormones...i do feel slimmer but not enough to test/ruin the feeling and try on my skinny girl jeans LOL
    (i certainly haven't been more active camping out on ecf!)

13. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Colorado
    I think both on the lines, the analogs with the smoke breakdown the health of the tissue and also believe it causes restriction of blood flow. The physical act of puckering does affect the area that is why I got the micro current do-hicky to get the blood flowing and plump the lip area.. Anything positive over time seems to soften the affects but think the skin responds better forward when your not causing more damage with the smoke and chemicals. We are resilient...

14. Catmom

Catmom Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    Just found this thread. I have nothing to add about skin or weight loss, but furbabies! Yeah! LOL I think more of us have animals as our avatars than anything else, LOL

15. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    i really do think my skin has changed in just two weeks (for the better)....like less "pinky" (rosacea) and more glowy.
    unfortunately, my lips are more chapped vaping...partially because lip gloss/balm or lipstick didn't bother me on a cig...i wasn't keeping the .......kind of grosses me out on my drip tip LOL

as for weight loss...not yesterday...holy cow (literally...MOOOOO)....we had a small potluck at work that had a bunch of junk and a LARGE cake.....dinner was NOT healthy to make up for it LOL

16. MPage

MPage Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana

You will eventually save $$- it just may take awhile, lol.

17. hottierockstar

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    yeah i am 9 weeks in and haven't bought a darn thing (vape related) in 11 days LOL

18. Catmom

Catmom Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    11 days? Wow! I don't think I ever went more than a week my whole first year! :laugh:

19. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    heck, I'm lucky to go 30 days even now (but i have still saved money)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.