impulse buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slenderman

Oct 24, 2013
West Mids
While I was having my morning brew this morning I thought I'd browse fasttech.
Next thing I know I have aload of goodies being processed!
I bought a magneto clone (woolaston) is this any good? i thought it would go well with my aga-t2.
I also bought a couple of drip tips, a dct tank, some carts and evod heads to try out and still have change from £25.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
now, i dont have the wooliston version. but i DO have the SMOKtech version. :) i enjoy it. threads are smooth. (although ive read that others dont have that same luxury) and it hits well. the magnetic button is great, but a little wobbly if set down without locking ring. it matches nicely with my rsst and igo-w though. :)

i think the only gripe i have is that when in 18650 mode, the tubes do "shift" once in a while if i hold it or squeeze it a certain way. bugs the hell out of me, but doesnt affect perfomance at all...so all in all, for a cheap mod, why not?! right? haha. best of luck with the purchase!

btw, i love fasttech! their prices atleast...the wait time and shipping delays...not so much. haha.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
now, i dont have the wooliston version. but i DO have the SMOKtech version. :) i enjoy it. threads are smooth. (although ive read that others dont have that same luxury) and it hits well. the magnetic button is great, but a little wobbly if set down without locking ring. it matches nicely with my rsst and igo-w though. :)

i think the only gripe i have is that when in 18650 mode, the tubes do "shift" once in a while if i hold it or squeeze it a certain way. bugs the hell out of me, but doesnt affect perfomance at all...so all in all, for a cheap mod, why not?! right? haha. best of luck with the purchase!

btw, i love fasttech! their prices atleast...the wait time and shipping delays...not so much. haha.
I have found that most tube mods, to solve the loose/rattly battery is to give the end cap a pretty good stretching and voila!

P.S. This thread is destined for the fasttech subforum

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have the Wooliston and its great. Every thread is smooth and fires everytime. I keep checking for the magnets to become loose and nothing yet. I tightened them really tight when I first got it. I always use 18350 button top batteries. Today I tried 18350 flat tops and they were too short. I keep this mod short. Someday I'll try 18650 for the hell of it.

Everything I bought at Fasttech has taken no longer than 12 days. Love their prices...

I'm actually using my magneto from FT as I type. Received it today. Actually quite impressed. No threading issues, no wobbles from 18350-18650, and the button is just right. No modifications required which is always a nice surprise from FT. I hope your luck is just as good slenderman!

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I have the smoktech magneto and it works great, ordered the nemesis clone from fasttech and some magnets from dx to turn it into a magnetic switch. The nemesis is a little more and has silver plated contacts incase you were thinking of not ordering again lol.

The evod clones are surprisingly great, gonna order some of the glass evods to try out on my next order.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
What me? Impulse buy?!! NEVER!!! But am expecting my Flash-e-Vapor V2 rba to land in the states tomorrow and has cleared German Customs and The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
Thu, 28.11.2013 06:44 h IPZ-Ffm, Germany The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking : ) , and then my Origin clone pre order should be available Dec. 7th!!

My problem isn't slowTech, but Gotsmoke and high end rba's, and, and, and......

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
There is only one way to stop any impulse buying: don't.

Don't read the forums to find out about all the new products and suppliers which are popping up a daily basis. Compare today's market to just a few years ago when the choices were fairly limited. This will avoid any temptations. Ecigs are the epitome of evil, and they will corrupt your reasoning ability.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that you need to try something new. When you were smoking, how often did you change brands, even though you had that revolting taste of cigarettes in your mouth and on your clothes? I never did in all those years of using analogs.

Do not look at all the pretty hardware. Ecigs are worse than golf equipment. At least with golf clubs you have some reasonable chance of going a season with the same equipment.

Have your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/pastor confiscate your credit cards and close down your paypal account.

Don't ever, ever get involved with DIY, modding, or rebuilding!!!! It's like having a life long super discount pass to a ..... house. You think you are saving money, but the kinkiness of it all will take your down paths no human should go. You will eventually totally go over to the dark side from which there is no return. You will know that you have gone over the edge when you start giving people advice on the forums.

Now, could someone tell me how to take my own good advice?

Otherwise, enjoy!

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I've had issue with Fasttech. Ordered 3 "Authentic" Mini Protank I's from them. Found out the hard way they were anything but. Two of them cracked within three weeks of use. The third one is still "in transit". I hope the sea turtle that Swiss Post put it on hasn't gotten eaten or drowned.

I guess if you go in knowing that they are selling fakes (even when they are listed as authentic), you'll be fine. Tanks and heads are one thing, but I'd never order something where substandard quality -> personal injury.

"What a great iTaste 3.0....I love this thi...BANG!"

RogerS

Nov 16, 2013
AZ
There is only one way to stop any impulse buying: don't.

Don't read the forums to find out about all the new products and suppliers which are popping up a daily basis. Compare today's market to just a few years ago when the choices were fairly limited. This will avoid any temptations. Ecigs are the epitome of evil, and they will corrupt your reasoning ability.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that you need to try something new. When you were smoking, how often did you change brands, even though you had that revolting taste of cigarettes in your mouth and on your clothes? I never did in all those years of using analogs.

Do not look at all the pretty hardware. Ecigs are worse than golf equipment. At least with golf clubs you have some reasonable chance of going a season with the same equipment.

Have your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/pastor confiscate your credit cards and close down your paypal account.

Don't ever, ever get involved with DIY, modding, or rebuilding!!!! It's like having a life long super discount pass to a ..... house. You think you are saving money, but the kinkiness of it all will take your down paths no human should go. You will eventually totally go over to the dark side from which there is no return. You will know that you have gone over the edge when you start giving people advice on the forums.

Now, could someone tell me how to take my own good advice?

Otherwise, enjoy!

This post is excellent. I just looked at my FT account, 12 orders and I've only been vaping less than 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread