IMR batteries and duel coils on genesis styles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
So I own a genesis mod. And I've been told, or at least, got a general consensus that it is a not great idea to wrap duel coil coils, because it pulls a generally unsafe amount of amps from the battery.

First, I ask, what is the science to wrapping a duel coil coil on a genesis style atty? What would interwinding 2 32 gauge wires result in? What would wrapping a 32 gauge and a 36 gauge result in? I am referring to ohms when asking what it results in, and assuming I am using a 1.5 inch length wire for all wires mentioned.

Now the real question, is it safe to wrap duel coils on a 3.7 volt battery? If the battery is IMR it can handle such pull of amps. If my battery can handle up to 10 amps, would that mean me pulling something like, 5 amps, would be safe?

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
Some people get it down to .9, even .8 sometimes. And even so, the amps it pulls is no where the 10 amp line. And that's what my stand point is, is that if a battery can handle up to 10 amps, anything not approaching 10 amps the battery can handle.

The closer it gets to 10 amps though, is it "less safe"? For instance, is pulling 3 amps "safer" than pulling 3.7 amps with an IMR?

killovicz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Copenhagen
Some people get it down to .9, even .8 sometimes.

:shock: I'll oughta get 1 for me self, lol

The closer it gets to 10 amps though, is it "less safe"? For instance, is pulling 3 amps "safer" than pulling 3.7 amps with an IMR?

I doubt that it's less safe to pull more but it's rather unsafe in general to vape on whatever kind of unprotected mod! The problem with IMR's is that they are actually able to deliver 10 amps in case that your atty short-cuts and everything goes wrong and you get 10 amps in your face, :-x Jah forbid

killovicz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Copenhagen
AW 18650 3100 MAh Li-ion Battery

Looks rather protected to me :), but max 6.2amps so I was told at the other forum..

AW high quality Ultra Capacity 18650, 3.7v rechargeable lithium battery with full PCB protection against over charge, over discharge, over current and short circuit. 3100 mah capacity.

Huge capacity and AW build quality, the ultimate 18650 !

----------------------------------------------------

Where to buy Genisis with a option to make DC? btw. :) anywhere in Europe, ehh :(, I'll oughta ask UKV, I assume, hmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread