Card from imr
1015bf76e986f7d6ecd6a5a768dd3f8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Last sentence says it all - 'use at your own risk'.
Goes for anything else in life too.
Common sense - an increasingly scarce commodity. No worries though, can trade an ounce of common sense and get a ton of stupidity in exchange for it nowadays.

If I decide to grab a knife by the blade and cut myself, I shouldn't run whining to the knife's manufacturer with a lawyer in tow... But as there will be always folk who try to find someone else to blame for the results of their rather unwise actions, manufacturers will have to continue to do ever more CYA to avoid legal entanglements.
Least now the do's and don't are spelled out clearly.

I think manufacturers should go the other way : Instead of prohibiting it, they should test their parameters and let consumers know the range in which they can be used safely for vaping and distribute them through eliable channels.
Me, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a battery from a trusted source with authentication code on it.

Saying no to the e-cig market will just lure out the shadier types with their overrated rewraps and profits-over-safety policy. Which in turn will make the reputable makers look bad...

Join the fun, I'd say.
If they really wanna dry up the market by leaning on the battery - good luck with that.
Will result in reduced in mobility due to the wires, but with a decent transformer I'd just run my rig off the mains :)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    We had a thread about the Sonys here also.

This thing about "battery packs" is a cop-out because the relevant purpose of proprietary packs is to insure that lesser cells are not substituted. If you make some of the best cells for the purpose, this should not be a problem. Another problem with bare cells is identifying them. I see they're now willing to print more on them but they still lack a simple part number or typically any ID except a colored wrap and a sticker.

If the mod makers referred to the required cells by brand and part number, use would be in accordance with the System Integrator. Due to space limitations, the typical battery packs that add plastic and bulk are not desirable, however.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Batteries in assembled battery packs still succumb to overheating and fire damage on planes. Even large companies can be the victim of one bad cell in an assembled series/parallel power supply.

Flashlight forum guys will scream and holler as loud or louder than ecig users. Those guys are all about who can produce the highest lumen output. They also post pictures of the one that self destructed.

The lithium battery industry needs to produce a safe chemistry cell that doesn't blow up when shorted. That search is already being conducted in the labs.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I got a warning from IMR batteries the last time I got batteries. I think they are just wanting to satisfy legality and lawsuit requirements. I will be buying a bunch of batteries more however, to be on the safe side. I don't want to try and dismantle ANYTHING to get my hands on batteries, but I think that batteries are possibly the least of our worries.... Unless down the line, the Powers that Be decide internal only batteries is the solution, and it becomes harder to get them. But, I want a few to sit quietly in my vacopalypse closet because if something happens... Sigh. I'm probably overreacting. :)

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I don't want to try and dismantle ANYTHING to get my hands on batteries,
    I don't want to either, but if given no other alternative, I certainly will do that.

Realistically, I do most of my vaping within reach of a source of electricity (either 120 VAC or 12 DC), and it wouldn't be difficult to use make some plug-in mods, so batteries are actually only a necessity when I'm walking around.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Doubt they will try to stop supply, they are making a profit form them. As stated in a post above, they are covering themselves legally. If you blow yourself up, they were not negligent as they warned you not to do it.

Remember the suits over hot coffee burning someone that stuck the paper cup between her legs while driving and was not warned it wasn't a good idea? She collected millions. Now every disposable coffee cup I see carries a warning about the contents being hot.

Remember we live in a world where nobody is responsible for their own irresponsibility

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    Why would anybody sue if I vented a battery it's cuz u like to build low and push it that would. Be my own dame foult

True, and your thinking like a responsible adult which is becoming a rare character trait in this day and age. :(

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    Have u tried vtc5a yet my pink hb6 cycle life (90) days is just about over need to buy new thinking of making the move

Your asking the wrong person. I keep it simple and MTL vape and have only used the LGs that you show. I know I'm not in your league. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread