Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Gah.

I knew this day would come.

I found my all-day vape a long time ago. But now... I can't taste it anymore. It's because I vape it all the time. It's similar to the food in the restaurant I work at. I can't believe people rave about it, but only because I've been eating it every shift, 6 days a week, for 8 years.

So now I'm on a search for new, exotic flavors. I've heard good things about Rawr and Heather's Heavenly Vapes.

I know what I like. Rich, buttery, slightly sweet things. I've been all over Mt Baker Vapor, they're my go-to juice vendor. I'm thinking about getting cinnamon roll next. I can't normally vape cinnamon because it burns my throat, but I've heard it isn't too heavy on the cinnamon.

And something's been tugging at me, and it's Heather's Heavenly Vapes. From the amount of traffic on this forum concerning this vendor's juices, I just can't sit here and ignore it. I want to do a sample pack but I'm so torn. Her juice names are weird (never been a LOTR fan, and it makes me biased, as much as I hate to admit it, sorry, don't mean to polarize anyone).

I just don't know what I want right now. I'm happy with what I have, well, actually, not really, I guess, or I wouldn't be posting this. I just want new flavors to explore.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Sad what you are saying about cinnamon... because I was going to say Fire and Ice from Juicy Vapors. The thing is I don't really like cinnamon. Sometimes it is to strong in baked flavors. And I get that burning too. My brother raved so hard about Fire-n-Ice that I got a sample size. I wanted to see What he was going on about. Well well well... When I tried it, it was an experience of it's own. It's the mouth feel. It makes my whole mouth feel like big red gum. It is such a kick! Now I am out of my 3ml... and I bought a 70ml. No other juice is doing it for me. They all feel flat to me. :( Idk if any other juice will do what fire -n-ice does for me. It's like POOOOW! :) If you get a 3ml and don't like it... I will by it.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Make sure you're staying hydrated. Every time I've slipped on that, my taste buds have gone off to boot. Another thing to try is drinking some different liquids such as lemon water, juices, coffee, tea and so on. Coffee is very much a two edged sword for me as I tend to drink to much of it, and sometimes it's best if I just lay off it a little.

I mix my own juices now, but back when I was buying premixed I would experiment with mixing them. Be careful with that though, as it doesn't always work out like you think it will. lol. Since you like sweeter flavors, I suggest getting a bottle of cotton candy to mix a little with other flavors. You might also pick up a bottle of brown sugar flavoring.

The good new is-the taste blahs usually only last a day or so. Good luck and I hope some of this helps. :vapor:

Edit: I just spotted this thread and just in case you haven't seen it: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ce-vapeland-my-general-experience-so-far.html

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I echo GT's sentiments. The flavors he lists for those juices are all there, unmistakable but subtle just the same. You may also like Heavenly Tobacco (also HHV) if you have ever liked an RY4. It is an amazing take on that flavor, but the sweetness is background not hitting-you-over-the-head sweet like so many other RY4's. Good advice on staying hydrated, too. I have to watch that all the time. I actually like water now. Any drink that resets you pallet can be good too. My favorite pallet reset is hot earl grey tea. Happy vaping and Merry Christmas!

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
Mariahpoo, your avatar makes my neck hurt.
-Shes hot, i will suffer through the neck pain :)

I really LOVE rootbeer , root beer float, vanilla and things along that line. perhaps trying something you would not ever pick up may be just the ticket. I have vanilla carmel, red box, some off the wall creations from EC Blend(the mix your own thing is kind of addicting) and since i was an occasional djarum vanilla smoker i have a few bottles of that lying around. Whenever i get to looking at my juice stash and think" man these flavors are getting kind of boring" I just look online and pick something new. On my next order i try it out. if i likte it i add it to the stash.

i also get a little creative in my clearomizers. I just mixed 1ml of rootbeer with a root beer float flavor just to see what would happen. I've also mixed rootbeer float with vanilla carmel, and vanilla carmel with clove. and so on. shaking well helps mix and i know its not as good as steeping but it makes for some interesting vapes. I have also been known to look at several bottles of juice with not enough to fill a clearo and just mixed them all together and see what happens.

keep the taste buds guessing!

(im also curious to try out some of the "miracle fruit" (no that's not in any way a illicit substance reference) and get some lemon drop or sour flavors and see how things go.

For those not in the know "miracle fruit" will make some of the strangest things taste amazing.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
(im also curious to try out some of the "miracle fruit" (no that's not in any way a illicit substance reference) and get some lemon drop or sour flavors and see how things go.

For those not in the know "miracle fruit" will make some of the strangest things taste amazing.

Tell us more, or PM as requested (Such as this request - if needed)! Thanks :p

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Rich, buttery, slightly sweet things.

I went thru a rich buttery phase.....then passed out of it. You might enjoy Alt-Cig juices. They tend to be rich and buttery.

I thought NLV Gold (nite light vapor) was a little like that, too, although certainly less sweet than the Alt-Cig juices.

What are you vaping now, your ADV that no longer works -- that might help us.

Brian Stevens

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Syracuse, NY
"I know what I like. Rich, buttery, slightly sweet things."

This describes Heathers Heavenly Vapes Tobacco line to the tee! I recently ordered from HHV for the 1st time about a month ago and not only did it live up to the hype it receives here on the forums, it exceeded it IMO! The two that really stood out to me where "Gandalf" and "Pirates Booty." They are both just extraordinary ejuice that have that "Rich, buttery, slightly sweet" flavor. I personally let the Gandalf and Pirates Booty steep for about 7 days and they were perfect! Bottom line is I would highly recommend HHV to anybody who is serious about the quality of ejuice they vape, it's just top notch!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I settled on Snickerdoodle for about 2 years; it is a more complex bakery vape and that's why it really hit the spot for me. Not all vendors make it and it never goes on sale because of the ingredients. So far the best vendors for SD imo are MsTs, Vapor Bomb, and Vapealicious.
Never liked tobacco flavors...
A month ago I got a sample of MMRP (Pluid)... everything else pales in comparison imo... its a sweet vape - it affects your senses like cinamon oil, except it doesn't trash your lips and mouth - flavor is taken to a whole new level with this stuff.
I scored a huge batch because it is so addicting and up till now, almost impossible to get.
A small percentage of people don't like it at first taste, but most of them change their minds pretty quick.

You OP caught my attention because after Pluid my other juices just don't do much for me.

Another thought that came to mind was that in my case, after about 1 1/2 years of chain vaping, mostly dripping, your senses get numbed to so much vaping all the time.... it happens.
So i got into "better" atomizers... rba's, hh 357's, and some "hybrid" atomizers... only way to go to really taste the juice. I figured the "normal" atomizers were limiting my enjoyment in the flavor dept.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
"I know what I like. Rich, buttery, slightly sweet things."

I would recommend bounty hunter from Nite Lite Vapor and a ton of stuff from Ms. T's Bakery, though I imagine you've tried the latter.

Bounty hunter is fairly sweet, makes me think of toasted marshmallow cereal, maybe with some graham cracker thrown in. To me anyway, ymmv.

I also recommend vermillion river juices, I'd start with the Kentucky applewood. It is like a buttery apple slightly sweet and just a hint of cinnamon IMO.

Good luck getting your palate back and finding some new juices to enter into a rotation!

Carbon

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Rich, buttery, slightly sweet..... Am I talking to myself ? No, someone else has the same tastes ! Keeping in mind that all tastes are subjective :
Tobaccos- HHV Shadowfax (vanilla cream-tobacco), Heavenly Tobacco (mild tobacco- caramel), GA Peach Tobacco (just as it says)
Vanillas- COV 'purecloud' Vanilla Cream, HHV Vanilla Dream, AltCig Vanilla Love. Take your pick.
Banana- RAWR banana Cream Pie, AltCig NanaGram
Butterscotch- COV 'purecloud'
Caramel- COV 'purecloud' Caramel Creme, Highbrow Caramel
Cinnamon- AltCig Churro
Mint- HHV BladeRunner, Atomic Grasshopper
Might I also suggest HHV Bleeding Heart (strawberry), Smurfette (blueberry), Highbrow Creme Brulee and Peach Thymbra, although I might reorder those last four with a request for extra flavor.
I'm sure there are other vendors and other flavors that will approach the ones I've listed. As far as losing flavor, I always rotate at least three flavors, usually five, just to keep the ol' taste buds from 'adapting' to a certain flavor. Good Luck and Hope you find Great Juices !

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Wow, so many suggestions!

My all day vape is Butterscotch from MBV, although I've punched it up several notches with extra flavor shots (I even got a bottle of just butterscotch flavoring to add to my bottles). When it's good, it's really freaking good. But it's a polymorph flavor. If I eat food, drink beer or coffee, or anything else, it alters the flavor. Which is really freakin' annoying.

I guess my next excursion into juices will be with HHV. It's all I see on these forums. I've been using hot water as a palette cleaner. I've been brushing my teeth more than normally, too, which kinda helps sometimes. Beer, which I love, love, love, is the main culprit for altering my juice flavors. Damn you, beer! Best get used to it, though, because like any manly man, I love my beer.

EDIT: I get direct deposit from work (I'm a server, so our paychecks are piddly), but I had enough for four more juices from MBV. I have caramel coffee on the way (already had it, it's freakin' DELICIOUS), and I'm getting three new flavors: butter rum, hazelnut coffee, and cinnamon roll. I normally can't vape cinnamon, it burns. But I've read the reviews and a lot of them say it's light on cinnamon and heavy on the roll. Hope I like it!

Last edited:

samazon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
MS
Mint- HHV BladeRunner, Atomic Grasshopper

I love both these flavors. The Blade Runner is very vanilla with just a touch of a creamy mint, not a menthol-y mint, and the Atomic Grasshopper is also a creamy, andes-mint kind of flavor. Heather's also does an orange chocolate flavor called "Clockwork Orange" that is pretty tasty.

While I think our flavor palates are quite different - butterscotch and butter rum flavors make me want to literally throw up - if you want to mix it up, I'm a huge fan of Rawr vapor and recently discovered that their Skuff's Riddler (I like it at the cool menthol level and have NOT tried it menthol-free) tastes just like a stick of fruit stripe gum, but not the nasty ACTUAL flavor, but the delicious fruityness that I associate with childhood memories of zebra gum. The menthol adds this... smoothness... that I love. Also, "Lime in da Coconut" has a really, really nice creamy mouthfeel and a really tangy flavor. I've got it at "cool" menthol too - I only just ordered mentholated juices (and I smoked menthol stinkies) and have sort of had my "come to jesus" with the idea that I NEED some menthol to have a satisfying vape (for me anyway).

I ordered some vanilla root beer from Rawr and haven't cracked it open yet. When I do, I'll let you know what it's like. :D

Also... what is your all-day vape??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread