The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

In Arizona? - VIP Social Group News

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by Hellen A. Handbasket, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just figured out how to get us on the Forum! Yay! You can now start threads here.

We've all been a tad busy! Glad to see our membership is picking up.

Arizona news:

RadioKaos has joined the Supplier's Forum with his new E-Juice Shop Aroma Ejuice Congrats Radio!! It is so great that we'll have someone in Arizona with juice. Don't miss his new game for free stuff (looks like it will run this weekend)! It sounds like he is planning lots of fun stuff in the future too. Here is the link for his new website, it isn't live yet, but we'll make sure you're updated. Link to AromaEjuice.com

Please take some time to post and tell everyone what area you live in and maybe a bit about yourself.

Malicedoll will be picking Spikey's brain about what is working for their group so we can really get going in Phoenix. If you live out of the area, we hope you'll consider driving in once we get a date and get going.

I've got a clickable link going in my signature now for the VIP group. Come and join!

If you are already a member, round up any stray new members you happen to meet and invite them in (no approval or invitation is needed to join)! If you have the room for a link to VIP in your signature, please add it?

Don't forget how important it is to take action here in Arizona. The Waxman Bill can seriously impact our access to our e-cigs. Here are some contact numbers for Arizona.
    Kyl, Jon - (R - AZ)
    (202) 224-4521

McCain, John - (R - AZ)
    (202) 224-2235

Stay cool (and don't forget to wear your sunscreen). I'll see you in the VIP room!
    Vicky

2. desrtrat

desrtrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hello,

Is it ok if I join in here? I'm brand new to the whole e-smoking thing (waiting on first e-cig..a cheap ... '20$, shipped from China' model that I won on E-bay haha..figured I'd do that and see if I like it before dropping serious money) so I'm bound to have a bunch of stupid questions, please don't hold it against me and feel free to tell me to get lost when I'm annoying haha.

My name is Dan. I live in Ahwatukee. I'm middle aged, middle management, slightly overweight suburban white dude...ahhh yes.. I AM living the dream my friends. I'm married, have 2 children (boy, 8, and a girl, 4..complete set!.. I'm done now haha). I'm an ASU Grad (GO DEVILS!) hmmmm what else.. I was in the Navy in a former life, but I'm now an IT manager. I've lived in AZ since 1993, moving here from Hawaii (and before you start with the 'How could you leave Hawaii!?' just remember that living there and visiting are 2 different things!! This is why I could never live in Vegas.. cause I LOVE to visit too much! haha). Hmmm let's see what else. I like poker, music (mostly rock/metal/classic rock), cooking, target shooting, embarassing myself in public (although it's never really intentional), video games, being a smart ... and being the resident grief magnet. I'm virtually impossible to offend so feel free to say anything you want around me.

So, Hi all! Hope I get to talk to you all at some point. SO far everyone seems real nice. There was talk about a get together in another thread.. did that ever happen?

3. DisMan

DisMan Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2008
    Jack .... Now let's see if you're offended. ;)

Name is Jason and I'm in my early 30's, done with raising kids (my step daughter will be 21 this year). Live in north Phoenix. I piss people off with what I say. I'm in computers (more of the building/design aspects). I enjoy computers and would love to game (don't do it much though).

I'm in school...work excessive hours...own a home...own a car...have a student loan to pay. Yep, living the dream like many Americans.

Oh, and been smoke free since April. Over the past 5 months, I smoked analogs for 1 month...I went back for a month during the Supplier Shorthand days.

4. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow! You know me better than I thought! :D hmmmm..nope..still not offended ;)

5. ArizonaVapin

ArizonaVapin Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    Hi all. My name is Mike and I live in Gilbert. I too am a gamer, (Mostly nerdy RPG stuff) am from a software development background ,and love poker. Maybe there is a connection between computers, video games, poker, and e-cigs. Maybe someone will do a study some day.

Anyhow... I posted two things I wouldn't mind trading with someone local here. I'm up for meeting up and chatting but my time is limited. (Have an 8 month old and work split shifts with the wife)

6. laynies

laynies Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    You could be on to something there...

A little 'bout me. My name is Heather. I live in Central Phoenix. I run the drafting department for a small engineering firm. I have 2 sons, one 25 who is married and working on my 3rd grandchild and one turning 17 this year and starting his senior year of high school in Long Island, NY.

Not married, I live the bachelor life and spend the majority of my time either on the computer or playing video games on my Xbox 360. Rock Band is a big favorite but I like stuff like Fable and Final Fantasy as well. Most saturdays you can find me sitting at a table rolling dice, except instead of gambling it's D&D.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow vapers if we can ever get a meet scheduled. The only other person I know who uses an e-cig is a co-worker I brought in to the light :thumb:

7. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    Heather I thought I was the only one who had a sig that says, "will break even in # days". You seem to have gone a bit crazy buying stuff too. A lot of it for me has been fear buying. I keep buying supplies so that I am set for a year or more if it is banned. I can't seem to stop myself from placing orders. I keep saying, "After this one I'll be set".

I know what a DM is. That is what got me into RPGs years before they were on computers. Haven't played the old school way in years though.

8. laynies

laynies Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2009
    Phoenix, Az
    Well Mike, if you ever decide you want to play again let me know. New players (with old skills) are welcome :) Maybe once your baby gets a little older I'll be able to talk you into sitting in on a game.

As for my banner.. I think it's broken. The 120 days hasn't decreased since I set it up! And yes, I did go crazy buying stuff so the numbers I input were pretty high. Who knows, maybe it can only go up to 120?

oh.. edit because I meant to mention. You are the first person to comment on the DM. I was wondering how long it would take or even how many would understand :p

9. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    There definitely seems to be some truth to these statements. I could have written the same thing hahaha. I play GW...what do you play? Life became so much easier once I just stopped fighting it and embraced my inner nerdiness :cool:

10. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    LoL.. I have officially banned myself from playing MMORPGs. If I did, I'd lose my job, my wife, etc. But did play Eve, DAOC, D&D Online, Ultima Online. Not in that order. Now I stick to single player games. They aren't nearly as addicted. But if I do win the lottery of find a bag of cash, the self-imposed ban will be null and void. :D

How about you? Anything else other than Guild Wars? I might lift the ban when KOTOR online comes out. Loved the 2 single player games.

11. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Whew...you didn't say WoW haha.. I only started playing GW, and only play GW, because there are no subscription fees..but It has sucked me in haha. You can play it as a single player if you want.. like I do. I won't pay 15$ or whatever a month to play ONE game. it's the principle of the thing. My feelings are charge me for the game or charge me to play it, but not both! The secret to not playing it at work is to have a crappy computer with a lousy video card that runs so slow that it's frustrating to play!...uh..I mean...not that I would know anything about that :oops:

On the up side (well.. I THINK it's an upside..jury is still out haha), i've hardly played at all since I've discovered e-cigs. I'm in my usual "research" phase (i'm pretty bad about that sometimes when it comes to new stuff haha) and have been trying to find all the information I could on them. This place is a gold mine for that haha. I will be buying my first REAL kit tomorrow. Do you still have your kissbox for sale? How much would that be if I might ask? Feel free to PM if ya like.

12. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    Ok PM'd ya. (Is that a word?)

13. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    Sorry Lanies, I totally missed that you responded to my last post until now. Yea that would be good with the sitting in on a game thing. How many people do you play with and how often do you meet? Maybe I could stuff my wife in a box, poke a few holes in it, and ship her out of state for a while. Asking nicely might also be another option, but rarely works.

That is weird about the banner. Their server should update that pic file once a day. I think mine has said 44 days for the last 2, now that you mention it.

Hehe. I probably wouldn't have figured out the DM thing if you didn't say anything D&D in another post.

14. Gswan

Gswan Full Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ.
    Hello all,
    Gary from Gilbert here...
    New to e-smoking, but I love it so far and so does my wife cause I don't stink anymore.
    Anyway... nice to be a VIP, hope to meet some of you soon.

15. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ

Welcome Gswan! This place is a ghost town for the past couple of days. Where is everyone? I promise no more D&D talk. :D

My wife is a non-smoker and actually turned me on to these products. She loves that I don't smell like smoke anymore. It also doesn't hurt that I might live longer either. Although, she is getting a little jealous though because even after just 1 month, my teeth are getting whiter than hers!8-o

16. Gswan

May 11, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ.
    I wanted to start a new thread, but it says I'm not allowed to so I'll ask my question here.....
    Anybody in VIP doing any cig. mods of any kind?
    I'm working on a couple at home.....
    I'll try to post some pics when I get a working model.

17. Gswan

May 11, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ.
    :evil:Just another post to check my avitar. I hope they don't mind if I use that. I've spent enough money w/them, I should own it by now:lol:
    Out for now....G.

18. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi Gary, I'm new to this whole e-smoking thing too, so I guess we're both the 'new guys' ahah. Thanks to the help of people on this forum though, so far, it's been a great experience. The people on this forum are awesome. I've met 2 so far and they are both great people, so don't be shy. I asked a bunch of dumb questions but everyone has been really cool and helpful.

I just got my FIRST e-cig (Thanks ArizonaVapin! You da man! I LOVE the kissbox) and I couldn't be happier.

When you're ready to get juice, Radiokaos has some great stuff at a good price. His company is called 'Aroma E Juice'. He's local too so you don't have to wait for shipping if your willing to go pick it up like I did. Not to mention that he's just great to deal with and will answer all your questions about vaping in general. I got the Cola, Marbro, and Apple juice from him and they're all great.. but I think I'm addicted to the cola one haha. I highly recommend him. Anyway, welcome aboard!

19. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Everyone! Glad you all found the forum and are starting to post a bit about yourself. Nice to put names with the avatars. Just catching up... my laptop is having issues, and I haven't been on the forum much lately (because the stupid thing keeps freezing up or reloading the screen a bazillion times and it took me 4 hours to load a Norton update.). It's going to the tech guy at my husbands office on Friday *weep*

@ DisMan - LOL... :rolleyes:

@ Gswan - I'm so glad to see you are doing mods! It would be good to have someone local to do repairs too!?? Count me in if you make the best new thing, ha. BTW, your post number needs to come up before you can start new threads outside of the New Member Forum. After that you can start them anywhere (here too).

@ desrtrat - I'm glad you posted about RK's flavors. I was thinking about getting some Cola. It will have to be a while though... I just spent a wad on Liquid Express yesterday. Pretty great that they sell the original flavoring additive (no nic, no PG or VG) from China so you can cut down high nic liquids and add some flavor (or fix up anything that wasn't so great from another vendor). I bought 4 different ones, and a few bottles of high nic that match 2 of the flavors. It should be here in a few days (they're in CA), so I'll update you guys with what I think. Seems like great customer service so far, as he called me at home to make sure that my order was okay as it was entered :thumb:

I see I'm in the midst of D&Ders. I'm out of the loop... I loved video games before the kids arrived. Playing games pretty much ended when units changed yearly, and the boys always hogged it, so I never learned it. Life got busy with 3 kids and then I got behind with the game technology. I barely can manage time to play my stinking Wii (I bowl a mean game, ha) and haven't opened the last 2 game packs bought at Christmas yet. The Fitness pack is staying unopened, ha.

Oh, and my name is Vicky. I was born/raised in Phoenix (yup, a Native Zonie, actually 3rd generation of AZ born in my family). I'm married (3 is a charm :D!!), no kids at home. Looking forward to getting to meet you all soon??!!

20. ArizonaVapin

May 9, 2009
    US, AZ
    Gary, I haven't tinkered with mods but do troll the mod forum on here and I am interested. Unfortunately, I am a bit electronically challenged. Some of the people on the forum are making some pretty sweet mods. Let me know if you need a free tester!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.