In love with sweet juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes you can. It will make it sweeter. Too much may dull the other flavors however.

You do have the option of Sucralose as sweetener. I am familiar with the taste so that is what I use mostly. It has been said EM can give you more "mouthfeel" at the right percentages. Certain flavors like Cotton Candy are often pretty much EM but not much else. Or, you can use something like whipped or toasted marshmallow and add a smidge of other flavor too.

TFA Supersweet (I think it is) is for the most part Sucralose. One drop will go a long way. I use it much less than I did starting DIY. 1 drop per 30 ml is good enough for me, if I use it at all.

There are also another sweeteners like erythritol (I hear it's even stronger but I haven't tried it) and it's FDA approved and can be vaped and probably a few others.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Yes you can. It will make it sweeter. Too much may dull the other flavors however.

You do have the option of Sucralose as sweetener. I am familiar with the taste so that is what I use mostly. It has been said EM can give you more "mouthfeel" at the right percentages. Certain flavors like Cotton Candy are often pretty much EM but not much else. Or, you can use something like whipped or toasted marshmallow and add a smidge of other flavor too.

TFA Supersweet (I think it is) is for the most part Sucralose. One drop will go a long way. I use it much less than I did starting DIY. 1 drop per 30 ml is good enough for me, if I use it at all.

There are also another sweeteners like erythritol (I hear it's even stronger but I haven't tried it) and it's FDA approved and can be vaped and probably a few others.

Anna
:thumb: I agree with everything she said.

Reactions: Letitia

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Anna
Thank you so much. I am a sponge right now and a newbie. I appreciate all the info on the different choices out there. Awesome!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you so much. I’m diabetic so I’ll definitely be checking this one out!

Just Seven Words when it comes to TFA Sweetener...

A Little Goes a Very Long Way

2 or 3 drops in 30ml of e-Liquid is where I would start.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is it true that you can add liquid ethyl Maltol to any EJuice to make it sweeter?

Ethyl Maltol isn't really a "sweetener" or sweetness enhancer, like The Flavor Apprentice Sweetener, Capella Super Sweet, Flavorah Sweetness (a flavorless sweetness enhancer), or others. The main purpose of Ethyl Maltol is actually to help lessen the harshness or "bite" of some flavorings, like citrusy fruits and others that are very tart to some people.

Because TFA and other manufacturers have a flavoring named "Cotton Candy" (which is an Ethyl Maltol solution) many who are new to DIY think its very sweet like actual Cotton Candy. However, it's not. When they try to use it as a sweetener...they'll often end up adding SO much, (trying to get the eliquid sweet enough), that it dulls and eventually mutes the other flavorings in it.

If what you're looking for is a sweetener...I'd use a flavoring that's actually sold as one, or is a sweetness enhancer. You'll use way less of it ( just drops) to achieve the result you're looking for, without it dulling or muting other flavorings like EM can do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread